• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ranger$$$ @ M's; May 8th - 10th

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit .206 last March/April. So let us hope he is a reeeeeeal slow starter. I see him pulling trying to hit 600 ft shots while almost falling down. He needs to go back to stepping into the pitches and let his bat do the work and not his body.

He can't cover the outside edge strikes ( both sliders and fast balls )

You are correct, he is trying to pull everything to left field and is swinging for the fences and every opposing pitcher and pitching coach ( and myself ) knows how to strike him out each and every at bat or induce very weak contact.

He is an absolute shit show right now and has been for a solid 2 weeks going on 3.

Obvious the ball club can play close to .500 ball with near 0 help from Julio offensively. He really needs to turn it around.

Last season he got off to a slow start because he was the victim of poor umpiring at the plate.

This year is a different story, he is his own worst enemy in nearly all decisions related to hitting ( going after poor pitches out of the zone - swing too hard and missing cookies that should be smashed and taking fast ball strikes for strike 3 quite often because his head is all messed up )

Mike trout got sent back down to AAA after he got his call up. They need to fix whatever is going on between those ears, cause he is not helping the club and hurting his brand name right now. The J-Rod (shit) Show

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't cover the outside edge strikes ( both sliders and fast balls )

You are correct, he is trying to pull everything to left field and is swinging for the fences and every opposing pitcher and pitching coach ( and myself ) knows how to strike him out each and every at bat or induce very weak contact.

He is an absolute shit show right now and has been for a solid 2 weeks going on 3.

Obvious the ball club can play close to .500 ball with near 0 help from Julio offensively. He really needs to turn it around.

Last season he got off to a slow start because he was the victim of poor umpiring at the plate.

This year is a different story, he is his own worst enemy in nearly all decisions related to hitting ( going after poor pitches out of the zone - swing too hard and missing cookies that should be smashed and taking fast ball strikes for strike 3 quite often because his head is all messed up )

Mike trout got sent back down to AAA after he got his call up. They need to fix whatever is going on between those ears, cause he is not helping the club and hurting his brand name right now. The J-Rod (shit) Show
I thought the Mariners bought out his option years?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching France at 1B is like watching me at 1B. I'm 56 and fat so...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw they dropped K-Rod down to 6th (calling him that until he stops being stupid at the plate) and no shocker, that alone doesn't fix all of their offensive ills.

This feels like the teams of old where as soon as they give up 3+ runs you just assume this is likely a loss.

Maybe they get hot and have a streak at some point, but this year after year after year of digging these major holes in the first 4th of the season because they can't hit, can't pay attention on the bases, and have lapses in fielding are just getting seriously old.

It never changes.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw they dropped K-Rod down to 6th (calling him that until he stops being stupid at the plate) and no shocker, that alone doesn't fix all of their offensive ills.

This feels like the teams of old where as soon as they give up 3+ runs you just assume this is likely a loss

Maybe they get hot and have a streak at some point, but this year after year after year of digging these major holes in the first 4th of the season because they can't hit, can't pay attention on the bases, and have lapses in fielding are just getting seriously old.

It never changes.

Just too many holes in the line up. Too many starters with low ( and VERY low ) batting averages.

They need minimum 2 HR's a game to be in it at around the 6-7th inning or so. They just cannot string enough base hits together to effect a rally with so the current line up. Julio going cold was 20-25% of the offense prior to him becoming Richie Sexon a few weeks ago.

I think what you see is what you get. A team that struggles to battle back to .500 and not near enough fire power to move beyond it.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time this season, I'm starting to get that old feeling that maybe we just have to settle for making the playoffs every 20 years. It got to a point where I actually hated 2001 commemoration bobblehead fucky fuck trinket nights, and I don't want to feel the same about Cal's homer in 10 or 20 years.

Don't want to hear about last year from idiots in the media, either. Every last game of that once-a-decade win streak was absolutely essential to make the post season, and this team isn't going to do that again.

This is the last negative thing I'll say for another couple weeks. Hopes they wake the fuck up.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That paragraph sums up the 2023 Mariners perfectly.

They need lights out pitching every single game in order to give our pathetic offense the opportunity to push across more than a couple runs to have a shot at being close near games end.

You could score 4 runs a game all 162 games and I will almost guarantee you finish at least 10-15 games under .500. With an average MLB pitching staff.

We are getting much better than average from our starters and we struggle to get more than 0-1-2 runs a game. Hence we lose more than we win.

Another 12-13-14 game win streak is a MUST if the Mariners are gonna finish a few games over .500

All of these dead bats in our line up are not going to hop off a plane tomorrow and be .300 hitters like magic.
We have a really poor hitting team and once again we pick up fringe veteran players who come to Seattle and bat .030-.050 points below career avg numbers.

Rinse and repeat year after year, same ole song and dance.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kombucha No But GIF

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope that sense he got his money and secured for life that he doesn't have that focus anymore. I would think that it is only natural that you dream about that payday I guess this is the draw backs of fully guaranteed contracts. Also I think there is a element that teams will know how to approach him and this is what separates the great ones. A great hitter like a Mike Trout or Albert Pujols are capable of smashing pitches regardless of speed, ahead of the count, behind count, playing at night, playing during the day, throwing early strikes or balls it all didn't matter.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that's scary to think about I will say the downfall of both Kyle Lewis and Evan White was all their major injuries between Lewis getting torn meniscuses and white having hip injuries and needing hernia surgeries their careers where doomed. Luckily white took the money when he did.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That paragraph sums up the 2023 Mariners perfectly.

They need lights out pitching every single game in order to give our pathetic offense the opportunity to push across more than a couple runs to have a shot at being close near games end.

You could score 4 runs a game all 162 games and I will almost guarantee you finish at least 10-15 games under .500. With an average MLB pitching staff.

We are getting much better than average from our starters and we struggle to get more than 0-1-2 runs a game. Hence we lose more than we win.

Another 12-13-14 game win streak is a MUST if the Mariners are gonna finish a few games over .500

All of these dead bats in our line up are not going to hop off a plane tomorrow and be .300 hitters like magic.
We have a really poor hitting team and once again we pick up fringe veteran players who come to Seattle and bat .030-.050 points below career avg numbers.

Rinse and repeat year after year, same ole song and dance.
Kind of ironic that our best hitter this year (Kelenic) sought out help this summer from our fired hitting coach Laker. Our current coaches can't seem to get the best out of our guys but our old coach did. The Mariners way.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so, but the sophomore slide is a real thing. Ackley and many others have hit that wall. Pitchers adjust, hitters didn't. The good news with JRod is that the bat speed is still there. Some bad luck, but more bad guessing. He needs to take the advice that Blowers got as a rookie when he said he was told to lower the brim of his helmet and narrow his viewpoint and only swing at pitches in his viewpoint and live with the results of the pitches outside the viewpoint.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line for tomorrow's opening game @ Tigers with Marco on the bump
Line : SEA -125
O/U : 8.5

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom three in BA as it currently stands:

28. Seattle .223
29. Cleveland .221
30. Minnesota .220

The only three teams whose BA's are below .230

Back to Zdurencik's offense, it seems. I miss when Edgar took over from there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Zdurencik's offense, it seems. I miss when Edgar took over from there.
That's the thing isn't it. It's not like the lineup is even as bad as it was back then, although they do have a few horrible players. The hitters they do have are mostly all in a funk at the same time and not looking like they are doing a damned thing to get out of it.

There is a total lack of competent coaching right now.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle..lewis..18.at bats..1.hr..
In packed house .against..dodger.s

Gives .hope..he 8s a dh..
Pavin..smith..is the other..
I'm still..a crazy. Kyle..lewis..fan .
Lolol..
Dodgers bane .Kyle.lewis...
Yeah..I look .for .him to get .250..at bats..maybe less .but a lot more..
Next .year..
Should be free.agent...soon..

Last edited: