• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranger dynasty article

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers have a great shot at being very good for a long time. They've built one of the best organizations in baseball and it had nothing to do with the tv deal. They built just about all of this while being bankrupt. The value of scouting, drafting and developing and making astute trades.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know about you but I always get way more excited about the international signings than the draft kids

I say they should continue pumping money into these Latin markets, building schools and camps and establishing a strong foothold and some loyalty

Plus its just really cheap, the wait is longer even for the talented ones but the bang for the buck is just greater IMO

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers have a great shot at being very good for a long time. They've built one of the best organizations in baseball and it had nothing to do with the tv deal. They built just about all of this while being bankrupt. The value of scouting, drafting and developing and making astute trades.

That should have read "The value of scouting, drafting, developing and making astute trades cannot be overstated."

And yes, the International players are just about the best bets as far as I am concerned. They play a ton of baseball year round and they are heavily scouted and well schooled. And lets be honest, a lot of premium prospects fall flat on their face once they get into the advanced levels. It might be because the American prospects especially the stud collegians tend to be overhyped while the Latin guys just play ball.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair I think just as many international prospects flop, but they aren't nearly as hyped and if they putter out in the lower levels most don't even know who they are

It seems most people didn't even know who Profar was until he started getting mentioned in trade rumors and making pre-season top prospect lists

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair I think just as many international prospects flop, but they aren't nearly as hyped and if they putter out in the lower levels most don't even know who they are

It seems most people didn't even know who Profar was until he started getting mentioned in trade rumors and making pre-season top prospect lists

Yes, that is what I was trying to say. We know the college players and we all follow the draft, etc. Of course, guys like Martin came on board with all the hype as well.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that is what I was trying to say. We know the college players and we all follow the draft, etc. Of course, guys like Martin came on board with all the hype as well.

Gotcha, misunderstood

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i thought our best shot was now

oh wait

i forgot i was not a homer angel fan