• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random thoughts from wk1 (so far)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, to anyone who cares, DirectTv's NFL sunday ticket, especially when combined with a Genie, is pure ecstasy to any serious Fantasy Footballer. i hghly recommend it and will gladly lend you my account number for "refer a friend"- Sunday ticket is free to new subscribers BTW!! and no I'm not a DirectTv salesman, I just recognize value when I see it!
Please take all the following with the "it's only one game" grain of salt...it's assumed, but the observations are still valid

As for the games, I don't think the Jets are going to be quite as bad as we all wanted to think they will be. Geno Smith isn't as inept as some made him out to be, and as long as Kellen Winslow stays on the field, they'll be able to move the ball all right. Hopefully if that continues, Ivory and Powell will have a bit more room to roam as well.
Likewise, the Raiders have a pulse as well. Terrel Pryor reminds me very much of Kaepernick. Remember, Kaep's spent an entire season on the bench, and half of the next season there as well, wasn't that great of a passing threat his first few games, and depended on his legs to make plays too..plus he did it with a much better O-line. Am I saying Pryor is going to be the next Kaep's? No not really, but the potential is there. He obviously needs work on his mechanics, and decision making, but there's no denying his arm strength and his accuracy was surprisingly much better than reports had led me to believe it would be. That 30 yard touch pass to DMC in the end zone was flawless, an experienced WR would've tapped the toe and had the score easily. I wouldn't expect another 100 yard rushing game next week, as there's now a game film to study, but that game film study is going to open running lanes for DMC, as they gameplan to stop the QB side of the read option. Speaking of DMC, the results were mixed, but he ran hard, rarely went down at first contact, and should've had a 17+ pt day had he just dragged the toe!
EJ Manuel was also fairly impressive in his debut, showing good touch on the ball and control of the offense in general, anyone that drafted him as a boom or bust QB2, should be fairly pleased..as well as Stevie Johnson owners.
Even though I had pretty much expected it, was still really disappointed with the revamped Dolphins offense, even though they still won. Lamar Miller proved my point, but at least Tannehill to Hartline is still in effect, much to Wallace's shagrin. Now we know why Pitt was so eager to let him leave town, hopefully he's just PMS'ing.
The Bill's may not "run Spiller till he pukes", but the Chiefs will use Charles that way, used to be he needed to break one to justify his existence in your starting lineup, that may not be the case this year..and eh will break a few eventually. Keep a watchful eye on McCluster, Andy Reid finds ways to get the ball in hands of playmakers like him, 4 catches this week.
Shane Vereen delivered for those that used a higher mid-round pick on him. Regardless of who the "starter" in NE is after Ridley tried his best to lose the job, it's obvious that Vereen is next in line for the job, and that Blount is nothing in this offense but MAYBE a short yardage banger, and he wasn't even good in that role. And all the SportsHoopla surrounding Sudfield, Thompkins and Dobson was apparently unfounded. KT made numerous mistakes drawing the ire of Tom Brady on more than one occasion, Dobson was a scratch and Sudfield was targeted once, which he dropped, which was intercepted. Amendola and Edelman are the only viable WR's on this team for the immediate future. Not saying drop KT or Dobson just yet, but don't start 'em until they actually have a good game on your bench.
And Finally, owners that waited for a TE on draft day are laughing to the bank, between Cameron, Cook and Thomas, it pays to wait on the position..although Graham, Davis, and Witten owners are probably still happy too.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good notes. I'll throw in that the Steelers really really really need Bell and Miller, Gio didn't have a great day but will almost certainly take over the load from Lawfirm, and Belichick has everything he needs to go back to frustrating fantasy RB owners week-to-week.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh - and QB looks even deeper than expected.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sold that Bell well solve anything in Pitt, but he sure as heck can't be worse! The lose of their best O lineman (at least in my mind) sure doesn't help his cause.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go OOAL here but does Boldins performance yesterday solidify Crabby when he comes back? It does show you that Kaps pretty much locks on one guy....................last I read Crabby has a shot at week 10. Give him a couple of weeks and bam, you could have one hell of a playoff player!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E.J. and Geno will likely be in the mid-teens for value, over the Tannehills, Rivers', challenging the Cutlers and Daltons.

Blaine Gabbert is not better than Tim Tebow, not sure what the Jags are doing other than not facing the fact that they blew that 1st round pick. Henne can't be worse, but I still don't like fantasy Jaguars this year.

Tyrelle Pryor just might make McFadden's job a little easier. (knocks on wood)

Poor Vereen, very well might have usurped Ridley for good.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree that Gabbart <Tebow.. at least Tebow can run. ..remember that show on MTV, Celebrity Deathmatch?? Gabbart and Ponder in a winner is worst QB in the NFL would be great!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the Bengals-Bears game and the Bengals are real good. The 2 INT and the personal foul penalty kind of did them in. But I thought they moved the ball better than the Bears.

Glanced at some of the other story lines, but didn't investigate too deeply. But looking at the fantasy box scores, there may be some disappointing performances. But I think that happens every year. We just tend to forget.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs are in trouble this season and agree on the TE's, I took Cook and grabbed Denver's on waiver wire after his big performance in another league but it looks like TE's might be deeper than people were thinking since it was usually Graham and then everyone else.