• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Post Draft Thoughts?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some that won’t happen. I present you those that will not draft Lawrence:
Chiefs
Bills
Seahawks
49ers
Rams
Texans

The highly doubtful list includes:
Broncos
Dolphins
Bengals
Chargers
Jets
Giants
Panthers
Saints
Vikings
Cardinals

That is half the league. I am sure if I thought about it a bit more I could come up with others.

If Lawrence stays healthy this season, if there is one, I think there are only two teams will not draft Lawrence

Chiefs have Mahomes
Bengals drafted Burrow

Elway will NOT pass up a chance to draft a Lawrence.

If a team earns the draft rights as the #1 pick for 2021, but don't want him, they will be able to name their price for him. And a team will probably pay it.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lawrence stays healthy this season, if there is one, I think there are only two teams will not draft Lawrence

Chiefs have Mahomes
Bengals drafted Burrow

Elway will NOT pass up a chance to draft a Lawrence.

If a team earns the draft rights as the #1 pick for 2021, but don't want him, they will be able to name their price for him. And a team will probably pay it.

Elway will absolutely trade the pick instead of drafting Lawrence. Of course, only if Lock continues on his expected trajectory. Lawrence has some injury history as well as a smaller frame (or maybe thin is a better word).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t pass up on Lawrence. If we are picking number one it means lock struggled. Or had an injury. For the most part if you were picking number one it means your quarterback failed barring injury.

If we are picking number one it means a lock is not on course for his current trajectory.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t pass up on Lawrence. If we are picking number one it means lock struggled. Or had an injury. For the most part if you were picking number one it means your quarterback failed barring injury.

If we are picking number one it means a lock is not on course for his current trajectory.

Logical - and I'm still trying to think of a scenario where you are incorrect - so pretty good answer.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the scenario was we traded Miller and end up with the #1 overall pick. If that happens then Lock could still be on on his current trajectory and we end up at #1 overall.

For the record, I think it is unlikely that Lock wins 4 out of every 5 games this year, and I doubt we trade Miller and end up with the #1 pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Redskins, Lions and Jaguars who all appear to be in for down years would trade their first rounder for Von Miller who will be going into his 10th becoming a free agent next year. I guess if Lock takes us to the playoffs, looks great and those three teams are dumb enough to do that... At that point I am not even convinced I trade the pick away. Lawrence is going to be that good, IMO. If Von Miller was to get traded I would guess it would be to a playoff contender. Just doesn't make sense he gets traded to 1 of the 3 bottom teams of the league right now.

My best guess would be.

1. Von Miller doesn't get traded.
2. Von Miller re-signs on a 3-4 year deal. Probably set his contract up smart this year which gives him good money but also protects us that 3rd/4th year, so when he does show his decline we don't have a lot of money stuck in him. I think Miller plays here 3-4 year after this year... Then spends a year or two on Dallas (or someone, pure guess). Depends on how we are doing at that point. If development goes well he may finish his career here. I think he will have that 14-15 year career then retire. He will obviously show some decline as he gets to year 13, but his last few years will be as good as most pass rushers still. I think he could end up like Demarcus Ware... Dallas to Denver... Denver to Dallas his final 1-2 years...
3. Drew Lock has a good year.
4. We don't get Trevor Lawrence

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more draft thought

Let this be a great reminder next year about how many smoke screens their are out there... Because there was a TON when you look back at what happened compared to what was said to be going to happen!

I wonder if Denver started the rumor about the Jeudy knee issue. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its simple - the Broncos won't get Lawrence, but Von Miller probably will.

I will make on observation about QBs in the league. Way back when pro-football was first getting scientific about it the QB needed 3 seconds to get off a pass or the pass protection will break down. Now - a QB need 2.5 seconds to get off a pass in most cases. College ball does not prepare QBs to get passes off in 2.5 seconds - so it is very hard to tell how well a guy can channel the decision making and athleticism to get off successful throws in 2.5 seconds.

When Fangio is through with this league - the time will be down to 2.0 seconds flat.

Oh and - Von Miller needs to stay a Bronco for his entire career for the same reasons why Lindsay deserves a pay raise the team doesn't have to give him. You need to have guys who support the program lead the other players. That skill is not covered under the player agreements.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logical - and I'm still trying to think of a scenario where you are incorrect - so pretty good answer.

Plane crash where Lock is the only survivor? I mean, since we're speaking in hypotheticals, can't rule out worms with machine guns.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if we could afford Logan Ryan

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He appears to be willing to play for a one year deal, but I doubt it will be here.

My guess is a team like the Jets or he may even re-sign on a one year deal with the Titans.

Titans signed Jonathan Joseph today. Hard to believe he is going into his 14th season.

Bashaud Breeland was arrested last night on 5 charges. He is already likely going to be suspended 4 games this season due to substance abuse, and he wonders why he only gets 1 year offers every year!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He appears to be willing to play for a one year deal, but I doubt it will be here.

My guess is a team like the Jets or he may even re-sign on a one year deal with the Titans.

Titans signed Jonathan Joseph today. Hard to believe he is going into his 14th season.

Bashaud Breeland was arrested last night on 5 charges. He is already likely going to be suspended 4 games this season due to substance abuse, and he wonders why he only gets 1 year offers every year!

The Chiefs -it could be said - have a culture problem.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to see Belamey back returning kicks.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Broncos do not pickup Andy Dalton.

Sure, it could be that Cincinnati had no talent for him to throw to.
Sure, it could be that the Cincinnati offensive line stunk.

But his TD to INT ratio has gotten worse the last three years and he is past his prime, IMHO. He is like a Joe Flacco but without a Super Bowl win.

I already know what I am getting with Andy Dalton, might as well take a shot with a new guy and see what he can do.

BTW, UDFA Riley Neal is not the answer either.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Broncos do not pickup Andy Dalton.

Sure, it could be that Cincinnati had no talent for him to throw to.
Sure, it could be that the Cincinnati offensive line stunk.

But his TD to INT ratio has gotten worse the last three years and he is past his prime, IMHO. He is like a Joe Flacco but without a Super Bowl win.

I already know what I am getting with Andy Dalton, might as well take a shot with a new guy and see what he can do.

BTW, UDFA Riley Neal is not the answer either.

I'm with you, but I don't think Dalton is someone the Broncos are interested in at the moment. Riley Neal - as @Draft Crazy indicated is a 4th arm for camp. I've been getting the sense lately the Broncos like Brett Rypien for the 3rd spot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Mingo.

i think we keep two QBs and Rypien goes to the PS.

Driskel is a boring backup but don’t have to change the offense for him to backup Lock. It is evident that our full focus is on Drew lock right now. We don’t want to bring a quarterback in who doesn’t match what we can do with the playbook. Keeping the backup job simple to focus on fully developing Lock.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vic was a gigantic fan of Hamler. Wanted KJ.
Munch has a 2nd round grade on Muti if healthy
Vic wanted a sure tackler in his CBs. OJ is a sure tackler.
Russell likes the OLber from NDST as his sleeper pick.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post referred to an interview with Matt Russell

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post referred to an interview with Matt Russell

Sounds to me like all parties are getting what they want in the draft. Working together. Seems like a much different change then before Fangio came onboard.

The day of hiring a puppet coach are over for Elway. He learned he needs help.