• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Post Draft Thoughts?

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For awhile, most the top QB talent was still the 10+ year veterans. It's great to see a youth infusion.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any fun draft memories this year to share?

I have a few

The Michael Ojemudia pick... I was texting a bunch of people pleading for Cameron Dantzler there... The pick is in... I hear Goodall announce it. I hear "MICHAEL" quickly thinking WHO THE HELL IS MICHAEL... Thinking what a letdown this is going to be... Then I hear Ojemudia and it was such a weird feeling for me. Not the guy I was pleading for there, but a guy I personally knew well... It was like mixed feelings, part of me felt dirty for not jumping up and down in the air that OJ had just been drafted by my own team. I didn't know how to react. I was excited yet letdown at the same time because we passed on the guy I really wanted. I just didn't expect Ojemudia to ever end up in Denver, and if we didn't I wasn't expecting it at 77. It felt very much like the Kayvon Webster pick all over to me... As the draft finishes I am very happy they did take him because all I could think about was I am happy this guy is getting his opportunity with the team I root for. My phone was blowing up after that pick... I was trying to process it all and everyone was blowing me up about how thrilled I must be... It was a weird feeling for me, I just sorta froze like.... WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED????

When Tyrie Cleveland was selected, my brother wanted me to call him near the end of the draft to face time so we could keep our tradition alive of watching the final pick together... I called him as the pick was in for Denver's first 7th rounder... 5 seconds into the call it pops up Tyrie Cleveland... I was stunned with excitement. I gave him no time of the day as he was trying to talk to me about his Dolphins picks. I said I GOTTA GO! Hung up the phone... Made sure to call him back right before the final pick by the Giant was made to keep him happy about the tradition. I had to explain to him why I hung up so abruptly.

Those are two picks I had never imagined Denver making... You would have to be me to understand the excitement.. Just act interested at least... ok? ;)

I ordered three draft deal meals this year for every day
Panda Express
Zio Johno's
Pancheros

I can hear the frustration in SpringStein's voice when his Packers drafted ZERO WR's, in what was probably on paper the best WR draft in NFL history! ;)

I had the neighbor lady from across the street blowing up my phone on Friday night to tell me how much she enjoyed the draft and how next year I need to come over to her place and have a BBQ with her and her family to watch the draft, and make it a tradition? I still have to find a nice easy way to tell her no.... Haven't worked up the courage yet. I am hoping that thought passes. (They really aren't football fans)

Someone ruined the Laviska Shenault pick to me because their TV was ahead of mine (I won't mention any names)

What else? Someone has to have a story or two from draft night(s)

My kid works me like a rented mule when he knows I am having fun watching TV. The draft he wanted outside the whole draft I got a little here and there the last day.

As for your gale friend she sounds like a keeper! That sounds about like my wife have I wanted no part of her that was 30 something years ago. you are in trouble. By the way, those are the best types to get with they will do anything for you and let me tell you this I love my wife with all my heart!!!! she would run through a burning building to make me happy I am truly blessed .

I hope you find that even if she is not the one. I promised myself that I would never be mean to the first women that wanted to stay and that I just wanted someone that was nice to me and that wanted what I wanted to be happy and work together. I wanted a nice wife . my wife looks like the lady that played that girl when she was young.so I was lucky she was pretty because I did not care as long as she was a winner in personalty.

Marlo Thomas - Wikipedia

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be a Redskin too

or a Chiefs or a Raider or a Charger or a Cowboys or a Bronco or a Giant or a and a and and a and

There are some that won’t happen. I present you those that will not draft Lawrence:
Chiefs
Bills
Seahawks
49ers
Rams
Texans

The highly doubtful list includes:
Broncos
Dolphins
Bengals
Chargers
Jets
Giants
Panthers
Saints
Vikings
Cardinals

That is half the league. I am sure if I thought about it a bit more I could come up with others.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never say never. Obviously a lot of teams we can confidently say won’t pick #1, but if a reasonable team like the Chargers picks #1 it means Herbert didn’t make an impact as a rookie and you can bet your socks most any team bad enough to pick#1 barring a studly QB getting hurt resulting in being the reason is taking Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence is a can’t pass on QB. Nobody is passing him up next year. Whoever picks #1 is likely picking there because their QB struggled barring an injury, and even with an injury Lawrence is just that good of a prospect that they aren’t trading out. You can’t pass on Lawrence next year. He is a very rare QB prospect.

Think Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning situation.

Lawrence is even more highly touted then Luck right now.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never say never. Obviously a lot of teams we can confidently say won’t pick #1, but if a reasonable team like the Chargers picks #1 it means Herbert didn’t make an impact as a rookie and you can bet your socks most any team bad enough to pick#1 barring a studly QB getting hurt resulting in being the reason is taking Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence is a can’t pass on QB. Nobody is passing him up next year. Whoever picks #1 is likely picking there because their QB struggled barring an injury, and even with an injury Lawrence is just that good of a prospect that they aren’t trading out. You can’t pass on Lawrence next year. He is a very rare QB prospect.

Think Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning situation.

Lawrence is even more highly touted then Luck right now.

I love Lawrence but luck100%health I would rather have.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@58crash is married to Marlo Thomas?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Lawrence but luck100%health I would rather have.

Ask me again after this season, but coming out of college if you had to ask me what one I would draft. I would draft Lawrence over Luck, but it would be a great problem to be forced to make a decision over.

Both very smart, strong armed QB's who are mobile and can run when needed. Lawrence turns the ball over less then Luck in the NFL, IMO.

The only thing I really worry about Lawrence is durability. He is fairly skinny. He needs to add weight. The guy is something special...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Demarcus Walker can count because the Broncos drafted Agim for his spot on the roster.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Demarcus Walker can count because the Broncos drafted Agim for his spot on the roster.

My magic 8 ball tells me Walker is part of the rotation again this year and then isn't re-signed and moves on after this year. I have a feeling Walker will play a long time in the NFL as a career backup and bouncing around on 1 and 2 year contracts. High character and great work ethic will keep him around as a depth DL for awhile.. He played pretty well last year and then the injury sidelined him for basically the rest of the season. It was too bad to see because he was having a good year. I think he proved he can play in the NFL last year, but I do think he will bounce around a lot.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My magic 8 ball tells me Walker is part of the rotation again this year and then isn't re-signed and moves on after this year. I have a feeling Walker will play a long time in the NFL as a career backup and bouncing around on 1 and 2 year contracts. High character and great work ethic will keep him around as a depth DL for awhile.. He played pretty well last year and then the injury sidelined him for basically the rest of the season. It was too bad to see because he was having a good year. I think he proved he can play in the NFL last year, but I do think he will bounce around a lot.

It looks to me like the Broncos have 1 NT and 6 DEs. I hope Walker sticks around. What I think this is all indicative of is Fangio trying to set up on the Defensive side 3 inside penetrators - to go with Miller and Chubb. If you do that the QB can't step up into the pocket. At the same time Fangio -is getting the interior of the Broncos Oline - for that not to happen (unless the Broncos want them to in a trap play).

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to watch someone eat pizza all night. And on top of that,
It looks to me like the Broncos have 1 NT and 6 DEs. I hope Walker sticks around. What I think this is all indicative of is Fangio trying to set up on the Defensive side 3 inside penetrators - to go with Miller and Chubb. If you do that the QB can't step up into the pocket. At the same time Fangio -is getting the interior of the Broncos Oline - for that not to happen (unless the Broncos want them to in a trap play).

Agree. Given the plan is to score a lot of points, we'll likely see a lot of rotation from Purcell and a more penetrating pass rush/DE come in at the NT position.

Shelby, Purcell, and most likely the new guy from Arkansas can all play NT.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More I review KJ in the context of already having Jeudy, genius move.
Nobody eats cushion like KJ. Tyreek like. Ruggs May have him at 50 but I bet the first 20-30 they are even.
The stress our 3 wideouts can put on a quarters D is crazy. KJ will eat up that D. I don’t know how defenses will roll coverage .

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some that won’t happen. I present you those that will not draft Lawrence:
Chiefs
Bills
Seahawks
49ers
Rams
Texans

The highly doubtful list includes:
Broncos
Dolphins
Bengals
Chargers
Jets
Giants
Panthers
Saints
Vikings
Cardinals

That is half the league. I am sure if I thought about it a bit more I could come up with others.
Although it’s possible we trade Miller to the Jags, Redskins, or Lions for a first rounder......

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although it’s possible we trade Miller to the Jags, Redskins, or Lions for a first rounder......

If we did trade Miller to the Jags, Redskins or Lions doesn't mean we draft Lawrence. If Drew Lock plays well and and we win 10 games next year, do you draft Lawrence or do you roll with they guy you have?

It would be an interesting problem to have. The other option would be to get a kings ransom from a team that would want to trade up for Lawrence. Let's say that we get just the #1 pick for Miller (I think it would be more, but for arguments sake we will go with just the #1 pick). Then let's say we turn around and trade the #1 pick for two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks. This could set the Broncos up for a nice 2-3 year run with so much talent on the rookie contracts.