• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
george kittle out of practice.if he misses Sunday,that will b 3 9ers out.
Yikes, the Niners/Rams game is turning into an injury bowl - for the Niners CMC, Deebo and possibly Kittle out, for the Rams Nucua and Kupp and a couple of O-Lineman out. Purdy and Stafford won’t have many weapons to get the ball to.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the 'is Atlanta for real' week with KC coming to town. Not really a fan of the matchup. Falcons have AJ Terrell and 3 secondary players who are very familiar with the Chiefs. Pacheco hurt. Hollyword Brown done. Chiefs one big hole on their D is coverage LB. Tranquill has kinda stunk so far this year and Bolton is limited in coverage. Pitts, in theory, should be difficult.

Its still the Chiefs, though. We'll see how this goes.
I think the next 3 games for my Falcons will go a long way in determining how strong we are - if we don’t beat the Chiefs that doesn’t make us not good - very few teams beat Mahomes and company, they are a dynasty. But I think we have a chance, especially if we can get some pressure on Mahomes, Chiefs have a good O-Line overall but the Bengals got some pressure last week and if Judon and company can get a pass rush going life could be difficult for Mahomes. I can’t wait for it, it’s nice to have some excitement around my team at least for now after 6 straight losing seasons.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the next 3 games for my Falcons will go a long way in determining how strong we are - if we don’t beat the Chiefs that doesn’t make us not good - very few teams beat Mahomes and company, they are a dynasty. But I think we have a chance, especially if we can get some pressure on Mahomes, Chiefs have a good O-Line overall but the Bengals got some pressure last week and if Judon and company can get a pass rush going life could be difficult for Mahomes. I can’t wait for it, it’s nice to have some excitement around my team at least for now after 6 straight losing seasons.
Chiefs have a good OL up the middle but its kinda bad on the edges. Bigger issue is that the Falcons secondary is good and the Chiefs receivers are...eh...

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, the Niners/Rams game is turning into an injury bowl - for the Niners CMC, Deebo and possibly Kittle out, for the Rams Nucua and Kupp and a couple of O-Lineman out. Purdy and Stafford won’t have many weapons to get the ball to.
deebo too

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know how they can objectively measure this metric? Seems a bit suspect to me

my guess would be, it is a timing thing.
Like for a fake example if he holds the ball over 4 seconds it is on the QB not the Line since he should have thrown it away. just a guess.

Like Bryce young runs around holding the ball for 8 seconds then gets creamed. that's on him.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my guess would be, it is a timing thing.
Like for a fake example if he holds the ball over 4 seconds it is on the QB not the Line since he should have thrown it away. just a guess.

Like Bryce young runs around holding the ball for 8 seconds then gets creamed. that's on him.
Yeah, that's my thinking as well. A lot of guys run around too long these days. Also, a lot of guys leave "clean pockets" when they can step up and put their O-line guys in bad positions. There's a lot of sacks that aren't because of bad line play. Great coverage and/or bad WRs who can't get separation and a QB afraid to throw the ball also a factor we've seen a lot over the years. I'm not sure how people can quantify a lot of these advanced statistics though. I think it's still very subjective. Probably best to just accept that it takes an entire team to succeed or to fail and not worry about all the numbers other than the 2 big numbers on the scoreboard.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle officially out for the Niners, along with CMC and Deebo. Rams without Kupp, Nacua, Higbee and a couple of O-Linemen. That’s a ton of injuries for Week 3.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle officially out for the Niners, along with CMC and Deebo. Rams without Kupp, Nacua, Higbee and a couple of O-Linemen. That’s a ton of injuries for Week 3.
Rams secondary very depleted too. They are really banged up. And if they go to 0-3, even when they get healthy, it will be a nearly impossible hole to climb out of. Looking like 2022 all over again for the Rams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL that people still believe Trevor Lawrence is a good QB. That contract will strangle the Jags, been saying it for years he ain't that good.
I guess I'll just say he isnt good enough to overcome the Jaguars. They've probably been the worst run team in the past 15 years.

Regardless, I think its more than fair to say he was overrated as a prospect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated, Chiefs back to Wanya Morris starting at LT. Kingsley starting always seemed a little strange based on the draft process almost unanimously saying he was a project.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope sf plows their ass.
I guess I'll just say he isnt good enough to overcome the Jaguars. They've probably been the worst run team in the past 15 years.

Regardless, I think its more than fair to say he was overrated as a prospect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated, Chiefs back to Wanya Morris starting at LT. Kingsley starting always seemed a little strange based on the draft process almost unanimously saying he was a project.
redskins fans disagree.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
redskins fans disagree.
Here are the number of wins per season the Jags had before Trevor Lawrence:

1, 6, 5, 10, 3, 5, 3, 4, 2, 5, 8, 7, 9, 5. Thats 5.2 wins a season.

I also think Washington got burned a few times doing things most teams would do. Trading up for RG3 is probably something a lot of teams would've done. Every team in the league would've taken Chase Young at 2. Jaguars have created some of their own messes. Hiring Urban Meyer. Passing on Aidan Hutchinson. etc

I do think Ron Rivera era was bad at drafting.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the number of wins per season the Jags had before Trevor Lawrence:

1, 6, 5, 10, 3, 5, 3, 4, 2, 5, 8, 7, 9, 5. Thats 5.2 wins a season.

I also think Washington got burned a few times doing things most teams would do. Trading up for RG3 is probably something a lot of teams would've done. Every team in the league would've taken Chase Young at 2. Jaguars have created some of their own messes. Hiring Urban Meyer. Passing on Aidan Hutchinson. etc

I do think Ron Rivera era was bad at drafting.
and coaching in dc.