• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
philly went from a very good backup to a shitty backup in mariotta
The very good back up was 0-2 last year and looked like shit, especially in the Saints game. I don’t think Mariota is shitty as a back up option. I think he was just in a shitty situation. Most importantly, his skill set is closer to Jalen Hurts than Minshew’s is so if you lose Hurts for a 2-3 game window you don’t have to change everything up on offense like they had to do for Minshew.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lies.
Damn lies.
Statistics.
Pre-season statistics.
Training camp statistics.
The only thing worse than quoting preseason game stats is quoting unofficial training camp stats against your own team. I wonder if Hurts has a practice losing fumble if RTK will disappear for a month...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The very good back up was 0-2 last year and looked like shit, especially in the Saints game. I don’t think Mariota is shitty as a back up option. I think he was just in a shitty situation. Most importantly, his skill set is closer to Jalen Hurts than Minshew’s is so if you lose Hurts for a 2-3 game window you don’t have to change everything up on offense like they had to do for Minshew.
I think Mariota kind of stinks but the biggest issue is what you stated. He can run the "Hurts" Offense. When you run as much as the Eagles, that's important. To bring in a backup and all of a sudden have to change everything up is detrimental. So even though I think Minshaw is a way better QB, I think Mariota may be a better backup for Philly.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know mariota put himself before the team last year in arlanta.i know that can happen again.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mariota kind of stinks but the biggest issue is what you stated. He can run the "Hurts" Offense. When you run as much as the Eagles, that's important. To bring in a backup and all of a sudden have to change everything up is detrimental. So even though I think Minshaw is a way better QB, I think Mariota may be a better backup for Philly.
In a vacuum, I agree Minshew vs Mariota. But I’m not going to fight reality. He gave away the Cowboys game with turnovers and I’ve never seen the 2022 Eagles offense look worse than it did in the Saints game. Sometimes shit doesn’t work. In 2021 when Hurts missed a stretch Minshew looked good. As the offense evolved to take advantage more of Hurts skill set it was to the detriment of Minshew.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know mariota put himself before the team last year in arlanta.i know that can happen again.
How so? Are you alluding to him getting benched and then deciding to react to that news by going to get his surgery? They quit on him first. At that point, he had to do what was best for him and his body.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he left the team to have surgey the team doctor did not reccomend he have.left them without a vet qb down the stretch.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he left the team to have surgey the team doctor did not reccomend he have.left them without a vet qb down the stretch.
That team was going nowhere and they quit on him. I have zero problem with him getting a head start on his clean out so he could prepare to have a role and a paycheck in 2023. These owners can’t have it both ways. They can’t regularly bail on players and put them on the street and then complain when the player reacts to that environment and takes care of themselves and their livelihood.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s tough. When the game stops, you don’t necessarily stop eating like a football player haha.
It's funny because of all the pics the last couple of years of OL who went from like 320lbs to 210lbs (or whatever) and now look like DBs. My boy Revis decided to flip flop that trend and look like an OL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cook has proven that he’s not a fellow discriminate, sophisticated New York fans can suffer, let alone indulge.

During his “student-athlete” days at Florida State, one of several Sunshine State universities that annually recruit, exploit [and now employ] then discard rotten-risk football players in the worsening netherworld of colleges serving as fronts for football and basketball teams, Cook was a consistent reprobate.

Gracelyn Trimble, left, has filed a lawsuit claiming Jets target Dalvin Cook, right, assaulted her. The suit is ongoing.  Gracelyn Trimble, left, has filed a lawsuit claiming Jets target Dalvin Cook
assaulted her.no credit
Even in his freshman year, Cook was trouble, from firing a BB gun to bust car windows, to his being an “associate” in an aggravated assault case in which a firearm was allegedly aimed at a neighbor in Cook’s apartment [one of the accusers said he didn’t think the weapon was Cook’s], to the abuse of his three pit bull puppies.

SEE ALSO

The dogs, ages two months to eight months, were unsheltered and so heavily chained they were unable to move. Two of the pups were found choking.
What a guy!
The next year Cook was charged — later acquitted — with punching a woman outside a Tallahassee bar.
Naturally, none of this prevented Cook from becoming a second-round pick in the 2017 draft.
And as of November 2021, he stands accused in a lawsuit of brutalizing his ex-girlfriend, beating her head bloody and swollen, as seen in photos distributed to the public.
At first, Cook’s lawyer claimed the alleged victim is just a gold digger, that Cook is innocent. Of course he did.

As the Jets pursued Cook, court documents showed that Cook first offered her $800,000 to drop the suit, then $1 million. She rejected both deals. That’s a lot of wood for an innocent man to offer a woman who fabricated the claim instead of defending himself in court for a lot less money.
And it’s a lot of dough for a liar to turn down.