• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there is a member of the big 6 suiting up. Never know, Cousins could go down, stranger things have happened
I think Penix might be the best of the bunch in the long run, at least from a real-life football perspective. A not-pretty-but-gets-the-job-done kind of QB.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Penix might be the best of the bunch in the long run, at least from a real-life football perspective. A not-pretty-but-gets-the-job-done kind of QB.
I'm still of the opinion that McCarthy will end up as the best of the bunch, but I give Penix every bit the chance that I would the other 5 at being the second best

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted it last year as a tip and it still works this year in Yahoo leagues, might work on other sites so try it out if needed

Say you've got a person that's hurt week to week but their team hasn't put them on IR. You have to wait until they are given an "out" or "doubtful" designation before you can move them to your IR slot. Then Tuesday comes and the team changes their status back to "questionable" which means they aren't eligible for the IR slot and you'll have to drop someone on your roster if you want to make a waiver claim. So here's where the tip comes in;

Make your waiver claim BEFORE Tuesday. Monday, Sunday night, doesn't matter. If you put in a claim while the player is IR Slot eligible, Yahoo's system will process the claim even if they are later upgraded on Tuesday provided that you keep that player locked into your IR slot. Yahoo usually makes changes from "out" to "questionable" early Tuesday morning (like 4am), so if you make moves before then, you should be good. Been doing this a couple years and its very helpful when you got a player you know you need to keep on IR but need to make moves and you don't want to drop people.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont have a Yahoo league but i wonder if that trick will work on other platforms.

Thanks @wildturkey

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know youre in too many leagues when you see JK Dobbins was picked up on waivers and you didnt realize he was available.
:doh:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont have a Yahoo league but i wonder if that trick will work on other platforms.

Thanks @wildturkey

Only way to know is to try and see. On Yahoo when you try to make a move when you have someone IR that's not eligible, you get an error message saying "your roster is over the limit. Drop someone before you can make this move". I assume that would happen on other sites as well.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know youre in too many leagues when you see JK Dobbins was picked up on waivers and you didnt realize he was available.
:doh:
Kareem Hunt was picked up AFTER waivers in D2, like WAY after waivers... not Dobbins...but damn, 16 of us, and not one claimed him, nor swooped in immediately after they ran?? I would've, but I totally spaced it

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem Hunt was picked up AFTER waivers in D2, like WAY after waivers... not Dobbins...but damn, 16 of us, and not one claimed him, nor swooped in immediately after they ran?? I would've, but I totally spaced it

Yup. Completely brainfarted that one.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way to know is to try and see. On Yahoo when you try to make a move when you have someone IR that's not eligible, you get an error message saying "your roster is over the limit. Drop someone before you can make this move". I assume that would happen on other sites as well.

Yahoo just screwed me on Hunt... i let it screw me... but it screwed me none the less..

I have one player on my team i was willing to drop... made a waiver claim... and then after that i noticed Hunt was available, so went to add him...

got an error saying that the player i was dropping is in a pending transaction...

then i left the page without fixing this... LIKE AN IDIOT>... when i finally cancelled the waiver wire, someone took Hunt... so i lost out...

entirely my fault, but kind of silly that a waiver claim would create an error... most sites do the opposite, if you make a move before the claim is processed, the claim is cancelled, because you no longer have that player...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo just screwed me on Hunt... i let it screw me... but it screwed me none the less..

I have one player on my team i was willing to drop... made a waiver claim... and then after that i noticed Hunt was available, so went to add him...

got an error saying that the player i was dropping is in a pending transaction...

then i left the page without fixing this... LIKE AN IDIOT>... when i finally cancelled the waiver wire, someone took Hunt... so i lost out...

entirely my fault, but kind of silly that a waiver claim would create an error... most sites do the opposite, if you make a move before the claim is processed, the claim is cancelled, because you no longer have that player...

Think that yahoo had system issues processing waivers this week. Prior to waivers being run, if you log into the app, you can see which players have claims against them before they officially process, and you can make adds/drops on any players not involved.

I'm a bit of a night owl, so i can stream DST in my yahoo leagues at 2am or 3am each week without using waiver claim and still get 1st dibs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games, 75 pass attempts for the 'run first' Ravens, 2 games where Henry had less than 20 attempts= 2 losses

I see a pattern forming....
Disgusted Jim Carrey GIF

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it weird that the pendulum is obviously beginning to swing back towards running the ball more. The Tampa 2, the Cover 4, the 2 high shell, whatever term you want to use, is stifling this pass first mentality and leading to lower scoring numbers. So much so that helmet head, Mel Kiper Jr., is out there calling for the NFL to ban the 2 high safety defenses. The obvious solution, is not to make the same mistake that the MLB did and ban a defensive strategy, but to beat that strategy, and the obvious way to do that is run the ball down their throats. And no team is better suited to do that than the Ravens, yet they are going the opposite direction. Just doesn't make any damn sense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it weird that the pendulum is obviously beginning to swing back towards running the ball more. The Tampa 2, the Cover 4, the 2 high shell, whatever term you want to use, is stifling this pass first mentality and leading to lower scoring numbers. So much so that helmet head, Mel Kiper Jr., is out there calling for the NFL to ban the 2 high safety defenses. The obvious solution, is not to make the same mistake that the MLB did and ban a defensive strategy, but to beat that strategy, and the obvious way to do that is run the ball down their throats. And no team is better suited to do that than the Ravens, yet they are going the opposite direction. Just doesn't make any damn sense.
Crazy that over the years they specifically made rules helping offensive players and making life much easier on offense than defense and passing offenses look like absolute shit and defense is dominating the game now.

Only two weeks in but the drop for passing yards is pretty extreme and it hasn't been this low since 1979. Like you said, rushing is taking over and it hasn't been this high since 1985.

1726846508179.png