• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re not even in the game. That OL was terrible tonight. The QB you’re talking about is likely injured before half time.
Sorry, I believe my point was misunderstood.
I wasnt saying that a Drew Bledsoe wins that game.
Is there any reason a mobile, agile, QB cannot both be mobile AND be able to complete throws downfield?
Mahommes does it, Allen does it, Hurts does it, Prescott does it, RW used to be able to do it. Lamar just never gets better at it.

Edited . Hell.. Fields does it

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I believe my point was misunderstood.
I wasnt saying that a Drew Bledsoe wins that game.
Is there any reason a mobile, agile, QB cannot both be mobile AND be able to complete throws downfield?
Mahommes does it, Allen does it, Hurts does it, Prescott does it, RW used to be able to do it. Lamar just never gets better at it.

Edited . Hell.. Fields does it
Ok. That makes more sense. LJ accuracy is a puzzlement. Accuracy is all footwork and mechanics. Pure talent, there is likely no one outside of Mahomes that has better feet than LJ and yet he just doesn’t have the discipline to accept coaching and learn how to set his feet. It has to be super frustrating for Ravens fans. They’re agonizingly close to being a dynasty. They just can’t get over this hump of LJ accuracy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the luckiest fucking football team in the NFL.
Definitely get a ton of breaks but this is why Lamar will never win the big playoff games. Missing too many throws, can't miss those easy throws. At worst that game goes into OT. The chiefs didn't win it, the ravens lost that one. I will put a lot of the blame on Lamar but also goes to OL and I thought playcalling was puzzling at times. It's the first game so they get a little break for playcalling. Henry needs to be utilized more and Lamar should not be getting 15 carries taking a ton of hits.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the Raven's game plan last night -
First drive, ate up 6 minutes and 46 seconds, Henry had 5 touches and a target - resulted in a TD

after that point the Ravens had the ball a total of 8 more drives (counting the one play drive that was a Lamar sack/fumble), Henry touched the ball 8 more times the entire game, never more than twice per drive. Both drives where Henry got two touches resulted in points, btw.

Only one drive ate up more than 4 minutes of clock, that being the 4th quarter drive ending in a Tucker FG that closed the gap to 7. Henry two touches that drive.

Most people game plan the Chiefs to try and keep Mahommes and that Andy Reid offense off the field, as long as possible, and Baltimore is uniquely qualified to do that. And yet, they chose to abandon that philosophy after the opening drive, and the weirdest thing is, that when they did it, it resulted in a TD..it's not like it didn't work. I just don't get it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Ravens were on offense I felt the Chiefs were winning in the trenches and Henry was getting tackled at or near the line of scrimmage. This is a older version of Henry and he no longer drags defenders for 3-5 extra yards on plays, he needs the OL to open a hole and they were having difficulty doing so. On passing plays Chiefs put pressure on Lamar which in part contributed to him missing wide open receivers. Chiefs D> Ravens O at least this week.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the Raven's game plan last night -
First drive, ate up 6 minutes and 46 seconds, Henry had 5 touches and a target - resulted in a TD

after that point the Ravens had the ball a total of 8 more drives (counting the one play drive that was a Lamar sack/fumble), Henry touched the ball 8 more times the entire game, never more than twice per drive. Both drives where Henry got two touches resulted in points, btw.

Only one drive ate up more than 4 minutes of clock, that being the 4th quarter drive ending in a Tucker FG that closed the gap to 7. Henry two touches that drive.

Most people game plan the Chiefs to try and keep Mahommes and that Andy Reid offense off the field, as long as possible, and Baltimore is uniquely qualified to do that. And yet, they chose to abandon that philosophy after the opening drive, and the weirdest thing is, that when they did it, it resulted in a TD..it's not like it didn't work. I just don't get it.
The biggest head scratcher for me was this playcalling DESPITE the fact that their OL is inexperienced and was on the struggle bus. In most cases, OL feel more comfortable run blocking in that situation. Let me put my hand down and fire off and hit somebody instead of over thinking shit. Inexperienced OL would (in most cases) prefer to run block. Ravens got away from Henry and it still doesn’t make sense to me. Game script never got to pass, pass, pass until quarter 4.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Ravens were on offense I felt the Chiefs were winning in the trenches and Henry was getting tackled at or near the line of scrimmage. This is a older version of Henry and he no longer drags defenders for 3-5 extra yards on plays, he needs the OL to open a hole and they were having difficulty doing so. On passing plays Chiefs put pressure on Lamar which in part contributed to him missing wide open receivers. Chiefs D> Ravens O at least this week.
well that's the thing though..it DID work, they just kept getting 1st downs, kept moving, and scored a TD..the fact that he was only getting 2-4 yards per carry on those five carries is almost irrelevant, because utilizing him worked overall. And Henry's true value has never really been those first 5-10 carries, it's the 15th-20th+ were he pays his big dividends. If you're only giving him 13 carries in a less than 2 score game, you've wasted your money.

And yes, the Chiefs D line was mostly dominating, but what could possibly swing that tide? more passing where the D just gets to tee off on the O line and the QB? Or a O lineman teeing off on the D-line, followed by a fullback/TE, followed by a 250lb RB at full steam running people over,and doing that over, and over, and over again. And it doesn't really matter whether you get 2 yards or 10 yards on those carries, what matters is Chris Jones isn't teeing off on the interior of your line, and fisting Lamar all night. And if you really do your job, he's on the sidelines sucking oxygen when you get to 3rd and five or longer. Either way, your still winning by keeping Mahommes and company on the sidelines longer

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that's the thing though..it DID work, they just kept getting 1st downs, kept moving, and scored a TD..the fact that he was only getting 2-4 yards per carry on those five carries is almost irrelevant, because utilizing him worked overall. And Henry's true value has never really been those first 5-10 carries, it's the 15th-20th+ were he pays his big dividends. If you're only giving him 13 carries in a less than 2 score game, you've wasted your money.

And yes, the Chiefs D line was mostly dominating, but what could possibly swing that tide? more passing where the D just gets to tee off on the O line and the QB? Or a O lineman teeing off on the D-line, followed by a fullback/TE, followed by a 250lb RB at full steam running people over,and doing that over, and over, and over again. And it doesn't really matter whether you get 2 yards or 10 yards on those carries, what matters is Chris Jones isn't teeing off on the interior of your line, and fisting Lamar all night. And if you really do your job, he's on the sidelines sucking oxygen when you get to 3rd and five or longer. Either way, your still winning by keeping Mahommes and company on the sidelines longer
The flag fest on the OL made it hard to stick with the run especially when the run wasn't going anywhere.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flag fest on the OL made it hard to stick with the run especially when the run wasn't going anywhere.
But it did go somewhere.. to the end zone. Can't discredit the fact that they scored, using Henry, just becuase it was 3.8 ypc for 5 carries.

Considering he never saw more than 2 touches a drive the rest of the game, there is no evidence to say it did or did not go anywhere after that.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry usually gets his bigger numbers after he's several carries in.

First quarter for his career: 3.6 y/a
Rest of games: 5.0 y/a

You keep pounding him at the line and the line starts to soften.

But I bet Henry only gets those kinds of numbers in blowouts with the Ravens - until Lamar gets hurt; then they'll probably start using him right.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's an aspect of this debate that I'll never understand.. it's so hypocritical... hard to stick with the run when you're not going anywhere.

Well they had 25 passes that went nowhere and a sack fumble, but they had no problem sticking with that.

At least with the run, if it doesn't go anywhere, at least you've pounded on the D a little, ate a little clock

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's an aspect of this debate that I'll never understand.. it's so hypocritical... hard to stick with the run when you're not going anywhere.

Well they had 25 passes that went nowhere and a sack fumble, but they had no problem sticking with that.

At least with the run, if it doesn't go anywhere, at least you've pounded on the D a little, ate a little clock
Sorry 15 passes that went nowhere.. bad head math.

Plus others that were completed and didn't go anywhere much

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 carries on the first drive resulting in a TD then 8 carries the rest of the game is inexcusable even if those 8 carries led to little.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it did go somewhere.. to the end zone. Can't discredit the fact that they scored, using Henry, just becuase it was 3.8 ypc for 5 carries.

Considering he never saw more than 2 touches a drive the rest of the game, there is no evidence to say it did or did not go anywhere after that.
1725648645572.png
1725648724689.png
The pass to J. Hill for 18 yards was crucial on a 3rd and 11. Then it was the pass to Z. Flowers for 19 yards on 3rd and 9. Lamar ran for 11 then ran for 8. Then the OL finally opened a hole for Henry to get a 5 yard TD run. Other then the TD run Henry wasn't doing much and it was the two passing plays and a couple of Lamar runs that made the drive.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Henry is concerned, I do remember a couple of years back there was a game that the Titans beat the Chiefs easily in the regular season because the Chiefs defense stacked against Henry and the Titans just passed all game. Leo Chenal, the Chiefs LB, had the highest PFF grade last night. Chiefs put a lot of respect towards Henry, I think. If I was the Ravens, he wouldn't have been the focal point.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are really lacking a WR to play alongside Zay Flowers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are really lacking a WR to play alongside Zay Flowers.
Bateman, despite the big catch, has been a bit of a bust. I thought his college film was decent so I'm not really sure whats going on there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 373278
View attachment 373279
The pass to J. Hill for 18 yards was crucial on a 3rd and 11. Then it was the pass to Z. Flowers for 19 yards on 3rd and 9. Lamar ran for 11 then ran for 8. Then the OL finally opened a hole for Henry to get a 5 yard TD run. Other then the TD run Henry wasn't doing much and it was the two passing plays and a couple of Lamar runs that made the drive.
Makes it more strange he only got 8 carries the rest of the game. I mean they were playing behind but for awhile only down one score, but they do know Henry can catch too. Give him a screen or something. In the open field he is extremely hard to tackle. Plus he is a much better blocker in pass protection.

It was one carry per drive basically after that first drive.
2nd drive - Run for one yard
3rd - Fumble by Lamar first play
4th - Run for 6 yards.
5th - Run for 9 yards.
6th - Run for no gain.
7th - Run for 6 yards. Run for one yard.
8th - Run for 2 yards. Run for 5 yards.
9th - No runs.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 373278
View attachment 373279
But the results of the runs, yardage wise, are not the relevant point. The point is what they created in regards to the D, and what it opened up for the rest of the team, things that led to a score wouldn't even matter if Henry wasn't the one who got that score. What mattered is what he did on the field to the defense that helped the team score a TD...all things that weren't there the rest of the game. And outside of the lucky pass play that was underthrown where Likely made a great catch and a great YAC score, they wouldn't have ever gotten back- because they didn't run the ball like they did to start the game