• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the faab method, adds another element of strategy that is really intriguing. Last year I tried sticking to medium bids always, didn't work out, so this year I'll change the strategy up a bit.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this league... the more the better... especially since i hate the bonus system... not very guillotine esque... and the more people we have the less need for a bonus..

hope i am not the first one out again... that was a little embarassing... but my draft was pretty awful...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the roster size? I saw the starters on the Guillotine thread ...but couldnt find bench info

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the roster size? I saw the starters on the Guillotine thread ...but couldnt find bench info

it changes as the season goes... but if i remember correctly, week one there is no bench...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this league... the more the better... especially since i hate the bonus system... not very guillotine esque... and the more people we have the less need for a bonus..

hope i am not the first one out again... that was a little embarassing... but my draft was pretty awful...
Yeah I don't care for the bonus system at all, maybe because it never seems to benefit me and seems to help the same folks year in and year out, course those folks love it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't care for the bonus system at all, maybe because it never seems to benefit me and seems to help the same folks year in and year out, course those folks love it.

no... the purpose of guillotine is not to be the worst any week... bonuses can send out a team that is better that week... happened to me in this league 3 years ago i think...

bonuses make the guillotine more into a regular league... a non guillotine league...

we had to do it because we didnt have enough players, and combining some weeks together but not others was just not exactly fair...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no... the purpose of guillotine is not to be the worst any week... bonuses can send out a team that is better that week... happened to me in this league 3 years ago i think...

bonuses make the guillotine more into a regular league... a non guillotine league...

we had to do it because we didnt have enough players, and combining some weeks together but not others was just not exactly fair...
I don't don't think the number of teams had any thing to do with the bonus system, rather it was supposedly to keep someone with a supposedly killer roster from being eliminated for one bad week, which is the point of a guillotine league (one bad week getting you whacked).
The combining scores for some weeks was due to the number of members and unavoidable.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't don't think the number of teams had any thing to do with the bonus system, rather it was supposedly to keep someone with a supposedly killer roster from being eliminated for one bad week, which is the point of a guillotine league (one bad week getting you whacked).
The combining scores for some weeks was due to the number of members and unavoidable.

Bring the bonus up in the guillotine thread and if there is enough support it goes bye bye. The two week vs one week thing is because we didn't have enough teams and trying to stretch it throughout the year.

@averagejoe I will have to go back and see if it was a 9 or 10 man roster in the beginning. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 or 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D, and 1 Flex. Bench spots get added after each of the first 5 eliminations. You end up with the 9 or 10 man starting roster and a 5 man bench.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't work for me. I had a great roster and still got axed.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not authorized to create PMs. Maybe if you pm me I can respond back.
See if your privacy setting are set to accept conversations. Should look like this:

1717124843309.png

Very common for a member to have "Start conversations with you" set to nobody. Then they wonder why they don't get PMs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See if your privacy setting are set to accept conversations. Should look like this:

View attachment 363552

Very common for a member to have "Start conversations with you" set to nobody. Then they wonder why they don't get PMs.
I changed a few of these to members only. Didn't seem to help.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed a few of these to members only. Didn't seem to help.

When I click on your screen name there isn't an option to "start a conversation" like there is for other members