• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really would be nice if the Eagles give him more touches in the second half of this game. Only 4 touches in the 1st half. WTF!
Eagles only ran the ball 12 times and Sanders had 2 of those carries and 3 catches. I don't even own Sanders in any leagues and think that is ridiculous.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles only ran the ball 12 times and Sanders had 2 of those carries and 3 catches. I don't even own Sanders in any leagues and think that is ridiculous.

It's bananas, especially since he was gaining good yardage. 4 touches, 55 yards in the first half. One touch for no gain in the second half.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really would be nice if the Eagles give him more touches in the second half of this game. Only 4 touches in the 1st half. WTF!

Eagles barely had an offensive drive in the first half.
Pick, punt, punt, punt, punt.
18 plays.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like they maybe shoulda run a little more

3 and out.
3 and out.
3 and out.

Four plays.
Five plays.

Tough to do, but as a Sanders owner in my keep-6 league (I traded my 1st at this year’s draft for him)… I agree.

I didn’t watch. Don’t know if Hurts first 8 carries were scrambles or designed.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 and out.
3 and out.
3 and out.

Four plays.
Five plays.

Tough to do, but as a Sanders owner in my keep-6 league (I traded my 1st at this year’s draft for him)… I agree.

Most of them were Dallas DL wrecking Philly OL, and Hurts running for his life. Multiple times he ran pretty much right at Jaylon Smith, who was in a short zone/QB spy role frequently

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two games in a row, where I think it is safe to say that Hurts hasn't looked good, been struggling to sustain drives, but he's still putting up ~20pts for fantasy. gotta love that rushing floor

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two games in a row, where I think it is safe to say that Hurts hasn't looked good, been struggling to sustain drives, but he's still putting up ~20pts for fantasy. gotta love that rushing floor
Yup. Thats y i invested everywhere. That was his worst rushing game to date. Decent floor, big upside

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 and out.
3 and out.
3 and out.

Four plays.
Five plays.

I meant run more often in those plays, maybe they wouldn't have been 3 and outs.
frist series pick..nothing but passes
second series, 3 and out, nothing but passes
third series 3 and out, a failed QB run, and 2 passes
fourth series, 4 plays punt, beginning with a 24 yard run, then 2 more called passes and a second run
fifth series, 5 plays, punt- again, a designed QB run, and 4 more callled passes

Halftime and now down 20-7, you can't establish a run game

not good play calling especially given the situation of having a young, somewhat shaky QB. that run game has got to at least be attempted to be established to give him some stability back there, it was never even attempted. And when the very first designed rushing attempt was called, and it gained 24 yards, I can't understand why.

Especially given that the weakest point of the Dallas D is the Dline. they have good rush ends, but they're soft up the middle, yes they have extremely talented LB's, and the secondary isn't the greatest, but it's better than the interior of the Dline, the way to beat Dallas is to pound that interior, or run right at the rush ends, and then beat that secondary over the top, or across the middle once you've sucked the safeties in a bit and the LB's first step is forward, not backwards

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really bad game for Hurts.

For Barbarians purposes, I wanted him to throw the ball. I guess I got my wish there.

There were plays that he held the ball so long, I coulda gone to the fridge or bathroom and back.

Seriously, bro, if yer gonna let it fly, let it fly.

Don't run around in the backfield until someone's about to tackle you and then throw it to someone 4 yards away.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Thats y i invested everywhere. That was his worst rushing game to date. Decent floor, big upside
I think that 100% correct. Of course that's great for fantasy purposes, but if he continues to suck this bad at real football it's entirely possible that he loses his job regardless of how many fantasy points he puts up. For some reason coaches don't let fantasy stats sway in their decisions to win real football games even though we all know they should.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that 100% correct. Of course that's great for fantasy purposes, but if he continues to suck this bad at real football it's entirely possible that he loses his job regardless of how many fantasy points he puts up. For some reason coaches don't let fantasy stats sway in their decisions to win real football games even though we all know they should.
Yep i agree. But isnt flacco the backup?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those silly bastards..don't they realize its not always about them and what they want?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep i agree. But isnt flacco the backup?
He's listed as #2, but Minshew is also on the roster, I would expect he's a more viable option than Joe at this point. Regardless, those two are the real reason Hurts has a fairly long leash for now..the alternatives aren't in any way better

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's listed as #2, but Minshew is also on the roster, I would expect he's a more viable option than Joe at this point. Regardless, those two are the real reason Hurts has a fairly long leash for now..the alternatives aren't in any way better
Yeah i forgot about minshew, but thats also part of my rationale on him for this year. Even stinking, where else they gonna go? They aren't gonna make a switch with thoughts of winning. Long term…meh, this year, yes please.