• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple more months before we officially leave St Louis behind.
wife wanted to stay in StL to have baby #2 with the same doctor as our first, and I'm smart enough not to argue that. some days I'm home, some days I'm in Nashville, pending what's needed for work. Been hell being away from my soon to be 2yr old and pregnant wife, but I'm keeping my eyes on the prize, short term sacrifices for long term benefits. Hoping we're within 3-4yrs of my wife having a job = optional instead of necessary for our family to pay the bills.
someday ill come shake Smoke's hand as i know ill get to Tennessee again some day

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO may be aging quicker than his fave backfield....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this piece interesting.

Jordan Howard is actually a capable receiver and 3rd-down back

A pro Howard person may conclude the Bears need to admit they under-used him in the passing game.

A con Howard person may conclude this is just a selling point for a lean trade market thus far.
Well, much like AP and Lat. Murray, I think Howard gets a bad rap. Just cuz they weren't tasked with doing it often, doesn't mean they can't. At least in the AP and Murray cases, they did have seasons where they contributed quite a lot in the passing, yet still were saddled with "ineffective" labels in the passing game.
Its all kind of relative, but I guess I'd usually go with--, yeah, they CAN do it when asked, but there's likely someone on the team better suited

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, much like AP and Lat. Murray, I think Howard gets a bad rap. Just cuz they weren't tasked with doing it often, doesn't mean they can't. At least in the AP and Murray cases, they did have seasons where they contributed quite a lot in the passing, yet still were saddled with "ineffective" labels in the passing game.
Its all kind of relative, but I guess I'd usually go with--, yeah, they CAN do it when asked, but there's likely someone on the team better suited
I guess the sad reality is if Nagy/Pace have their minds made up, it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. But I have this reoccurring nightmare that as much as I like what Nagy/Pace has done so far, this Jordan Howard situation is gonna be like the Greg Olsen fiasco when he was shipped off since he didn't fit into Martz's scheme. Olsen could have been the Bears 2nd-best TE in franchise history. All cause he didn't fit.

Matt Forte wasn't spoken too highly of early in his Bears career either. A few ex-players labeled him alas a "transitional" RB until a better RB is available. They were wrong too.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:peep: :behindsofa:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how tired I was this morning; I flipped on the tv, turned to the NFL Network and thought "Whoa, the draft is goin' on!". I laid in bed kinda/sorting watching for about 20 minutes until the Cardinals, with the 12th overall pick, selected Michael Floyd. In 2012. :pound::pound::pound:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how tired I was this morning; I flipped on the tv, turned to the NFL Network and thought "Whoa, the draft is goin' on!". I laid in bed kinda/sorting watching for about 20 minutes until the Cardinals, with the 12th overall pick, selected Michael Floyd. In 2012. :pound::pound::pound:
Sure hope the Bears don't waste a first round pick on Shea McClellin

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Chiefs must always have a POS on the roster.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow is right...holy smokes, who the EFF is Frank Clark anyways? I mean, I know who he is, but he ain't that!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the board...

Heard an interesting draft story on ESPN this morning about Broncos RB Lindsay...

They said he was one of the fastest RB. Yet did not get invited to the combine. Was not even drafted (undrafted). But was ranked the 9th best RB in last year's class.

Just curious where this ranking was? If anyone knows?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the board...

Heard an interesting draft story on ESPN this morning about Broncos RB Lindsay...

They said he was one of the fastest RB. Yet did not get invited to the combine. Was not even drafted (undrafted). But was ranked the 9th best RB in last year's class.

Just curious where this ranking was? If anyone knows?

seems like a big ol'steamy pile of bull shit

Barkley
Chubb
Penny
Michel
Guice
Jones II
Freeman (same team!)
Kerryon
Hines
Ballage

those were your top 10 RBs from last year's draft, in whatever order you felt like putting them in after Barkley.
pretty sure those guys were the top 10 both before and after the draft to boot.

my take: whoever posted that article wanted to sound like they had Lindsay on their radar last spring to sound smart. they figured if they said some random low ball number like 9, no one would catch it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like a big ol'steamy pile of bull shit

Barkley
Chubb
Penny
Michel
Guice
Jones II
Freeman (same team!)
Kerryon
Hines
Ballage

those were your top 10 RBs from last year's draft, in whatever order you felt like putting them in after Barkley.
pretty sure those guys were the top 10 both before and after the draft to boot.

my take: whoever posted that article wanted to sound like they had Lindsay on their radar last spring to sound smart. they figured if they said some random low ball number like 9, no one would catch it.
Kind of thought that.
I have senior moments when it comes to rookies.
But I was curious if there is some NCAA ranking ? IDK. Or some unbias, non-NFL-affiliated site that independently ranks all rookies?

I think Lindsay was even undrafted in D2, correct?