• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams to hire Nate Hackett as OC?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh if we hire the first guy we interview it shows how truly ****** we are on the offensive side of the ball.

Just a thought, in most cases don't teams usually know who they want as an OC before they look to interview? And most times, if someone gets interviewed they are at least offered the job and it falls on the interviewee to accept or not. Plus it is not like we did not ask permission to interview multiple people who would have been VERY good. We simply never got the chance. I would not jump up and down and do the happy dance if they hire Hackett, but I would not be upset either. The only thing I honestly want from a new OC that was not getting done with the previous OC, he who shall not be named, is to REALLY figure out how to use Tavon and to take 2 shots deep out of every ten. I think that will actually happen IF #8 stays healthy for a full season.
Well all that and maybe some half time adjustments to the defensive adjustments expected by the opposition.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all that and maybe some half time adjustments to the defensive adjustments expected by the opposition.

True story!! :agree:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe your expectations are to high:yahoo: you can't seriously expect the Rams to change something that was working in the first half, that's just crazy talk!:suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe your expectations are to high:yahoo: you can't seriously expect the Rams to change something that was working in the first half, that's just crazy talk!:suds:
Well it ain't gonna be easy if that's what you're getting at but it can be done! :suds:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want from the OC is a clue that what works make the other team stop it before you leave it all together.:noidea: Many times we saw the Austin run for 7 to 8 yards and never see it again in the game. I'm not saying use the kid in the backfield 80% of the time but if your opponent doesn't stop a play, why bury it? I'll give you another, a play that worked was the Austin counter at the snap. Off of that was the fake and tailback dive that works, what I never saw was the fake, fake and the wheel or up by Austin which was always there. Those types of misdirections are pretty simple but could be as effective as the pick and roll is in hoops. Imagination and take a shot is the key to all offenses.:nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want from the OC is a clue that what works make the other team stop it before you leave it all together.:noidea: Many times we saw the Austin run for 7 to 8 yards and never see it again in the game. I'm not saying use the kid in the backfield 80% of the time but if your opponent doesn't stop a play, why bury it? I'll give you another, a play that worked was the Austin counter at the snap. Off of that was the fake and tailback dive that works, what I never saw was the fake, fake and the wheel or up by Austin which was always there. Those types of misdirections are pretty simple but could be as effective as the pick and roll is in hoops. Imagination and take a shot is the key to all offenses.:nod:
This is true blue!

I think Brain always thought he needed to 'setup' and out think the opposition when in fact he probably only out thought himself. :nod:

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like another one down. Saw this on twitter by Jim Thomas.

Hackett pulls out of Rams OC search taking job in Jacksonville per @Rapsheet

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathaniel Hackett widthdrawls his name

from the position of offensive coordinator and will become the quarterbacks coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars. It must be really bad in St. Louis if coach's are considering worst teams than us for coaching positions. We are gonna suck again next year!!!!!

:L

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the pending move

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, just promote our QB coach Frank Cignetti before Cleveland gets their hands on him for their OC spot! :gaah:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true blue!

I think Brain always thought he needed to 'setup' and out think the opposition when in fact he probably only out thought himself. :nod:

My God, I agree with you! He would get cute at the worst times!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the pending move

I don't think living in sunny LA is the problem it's the fact we can't tell them who the QB will be...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the position of offensive coordinator and will become the quarterbacks coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars. It must be really bad in St. Louis if coach's are considering worst teams than us for coaching positions. We are gonna suck again next year!!!!!

:L

Joining his "buddy" Marrone. The pair probably figure they could be promoted if the Jags struggle enough to get the current head coach fired.

Reports had Marrone holding back Hackett, but if he then follows him the Jacksonville, tough to believe there's any ill-will.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't believe they have taken this long to address the OC position.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think we get a young turd that wants to pound it and call it a day. Any of us in here besides maybe Coug would be an improvement. :deadhorse:

Coug would have Bradford slingin it, making those sweet throws he made on his pro day while he takes pictures.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think we get a young turd that wants to pound it and call it a day. Any of us in here besides maybe Coug would be an improvement. :deadhorse:

Coug would have Bradford slingin it, making those sweet throws he made on his pro day while he takes pictures.

Sounds like it will be a hire from within, either TE coach Rob Boras or QB coach Frank Cignetti.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God, I agree with you! He would get cute at the worst times!
We probably agree on a lot more than either of us would care to admit however we both get *stuck on 'arguing our points' when we differ. :lol:

* Note: I was going to say "we both get stuck on stupid". In other words unyielding in our arguments but I didn't want to incur the wrath of our friend and mod retro should the meaning get lost in translation outside of the vent thread.:lol:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why has Fisher not reached out to Mike Munchak?? That just boggles me. Munchak is the QB coach in Pittsburgh. He was HEAD COACH for crying out loud. Of course, we all know Munchak PLAYED for Fisher. That said, it will probably be Cignetti. My guess is Fisher sees the writing on the wall and if the Rams do not make the playoffs he will not be brought back.