• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams to hire Nate Hackett as OC?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why they wouldn't wait now; what teams are left with openings are they competing against?

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh...another one of Fishers good ol boys. I just hope he isn't another Shotty, well then again Fisher is at the helm so since he doesn't have a clue then that goes without saying how the offense will be. I just hope they find a way to use the #7th over all pick of a slot WR that we have.

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh...another one of Fishers good ol boys. I just hope he isn't another Shitty, well then again Fisher is at the helm so since he doesn't have a clue then that goes without saying how the offense will be. I just hope they find a way to use the #7th over all pick of a slot WR that we have.

How is Hackett a gold old boy? He's 35 and never worked with Fisher. He's been in various assistant roles with UC Davis, Stanford, Tampa, Bills, then OC with Syracuse and the Bills.

According to Fred Jackson, Hackett was being held back by Marrone in terms of play calling, so maybe he ends up being a creative OC.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm starting to believe that it really doesn't matter.

You still have to run an offense with a guy that has played 49/80 games in his career, and hasn't shown much of a killer instinct when he has played.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm starting to believe that it really doesn't matter.

You still have to run an offense with a guy that has played 49/80 games in his career, and hasn't shown much of a killer instinct when he has played.

:omg::agree::10::suds::suds:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to post that Shop... good call. Maybe Fisher was simply waiting for the opportunity to interview him. He would be a great hire,

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want them to interview more than one person, lol. They missed on a bunch already.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they did interview a few already I thought. Didn't they talk with Trestman and Gase and Shanahan??

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, a lot of you have expressed displeasure with Fishers plan.

Let me ask you guys who feel this way, since when has pound the ball, control the clock, get good QB play when you need it and play great defense been a bad plan?

That is how you build a championship caliber team IMO and apparently our Division foes don't disagree. The real problem has been the degree of talent and extent of health, with regards to depth, to execute this plan. As a matter of fact it's the same plan every team in our Division utilizes however every Head Coach in our Division has acquired a greater team of talent and depth of talent than Jeff has. Any arguments there? I didn't think so.

I actually feel better that we are sticking with an overall master plan whether it ends up being one that takes us all to the post season or better in the next few years or not.

We all saw Fisher reach outside the box in 2014 for the first four games of the season trying to throw it all around the field when the talent on the field or in the coaching staff didn't fit the bill. Much to the same degree, in the draft room, they reached for T. Austin. Moving up in the draft to pick this play maker just didn't fit the scheme.

I'm thankful that Fisher and company have learned their lessons and are looking to stick to the plan and get the OC that can put the talent they have on the field to execute the plan they have had for the most part.

Like I've said before, it's Fisher's job to lose, so let him swing for the fences the way he see fit so he may hit the home run or let him go down swinging.

Either way the "Fisher System" is A-Okay with me. San Fran went to the Super Bowl two years ago, Seattle is on their second Super Bowl in a row and Arizona was in the drivers seat until much of the same that has happened to our Rams happened to the Cards.

Their talent and depth of talent crashed.

By the way, those two things aren't easily developed in a few short years. Especially considering what Fisher and company inherited.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you guys who feel this way, since when has pound the ball, control
the clock, get good QB play when you need it and play great defense been a bad
plan?
Not a bad plan at all. Hell any plan is a good one when you are in shambles. I think the defensive picks from the draft have really been good for this organization. We just need to hit on the Oline and at QB, then we will be set for years.

Pound it and play D has been my plan since I wanted SUH. :lol: Now we must take it a step further, because we are somewhat out of the hole we dug ourselves into.

I'm not a huge Fisher advocate. But I don't hate the guy either. His loyalty at times does make me question him at times. Example is Bailey. Fisher took over a busted program. I have just had enough of the QB that cannot stay on the field.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said, does any OC want to come into this offense right now with so many question marks at key positions? That's the .5 cent Q

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said Vita.... well said!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said, does any OC want to come into this offense right now with so many question marks at key positions? That's the .5 cent Q
Thanks SJ and KSU!

But SJ and I'm sure you will agree, it's more than that. Will a well qualified OC want to come to the Rams after what you've stated and the question marks that surround JF's future as a Ram and even the Rams future in St Louis?

I say find out real soon if either Hackett or Churd are the guy and if not, promote our QB coach Cignetti before he gets plucked away.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chud is out, being retained by the Colts as an assistant head coach or some other made-up position.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE never interviewed Gase. He bolted for his new position before that occurred. Lost opportunities perhaps.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh, if we hire the first guy we interview it shows we are on not so wise on the offensive side of the ball.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh if we hire the first guy we interview it shows how truly ****** we are on the offensive side of the ball.

Just a thought, in most cases don't teams usually know who they want as an OC before they look to interview? And most times, if someone gets interviewed they are at least offered the job and it falls on the interviewee to accept or not. Plus it is not like we did not ask permission to interview multiple people who would have been VERY good. We simply never got the chance. I would not jump up and down and do the happy dance if they hire Hackett, but I would not be upset either. The only thing I honestly want from a new OC that was not getting done with the previous OC, he who shall not be named, is to REALLY figure out how to use Tavon and to take 2 shots deep out of every ten. I think that will actually happen IF #8 stays healthy for a full season.