• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams starting Qb of 2015 and the other qbs

2015 Rams starting Qb?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too think if you draft a QB that high he should probably start, especially when the starters you do have aren't the answer?

But you can look at all the tape you want and it won't matter, the NFL is littered with QB's that were can't miss QB's. There are people that will say "I knew he would be a stud" but that's after the fact, there are just as many people that said the same thing about guys that didn't make it!

I don't see anyone in this draft that is automatic, Marriota, is very good, is it his system, I don't know, not willing to risk #1 pick and be right where we are now. Theres just as good a chance of one of the other later round QB's making it, it's just a question of which one, no one knows for sure!

thats why i don't think they will spend a draft pick on a QB. If they could resist all the hype last year on johnie football i don't see them doing it this year. you guys realize Davis is only two years younger then Bradford right. i think most think he's a lot younger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was pulled for a reason...he may or may not be better than Hill but he is not the Rams future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was pulled for a reason...he may or may not be better than Hill but he is not the Rams future.

Obviously we will never know that with him on the bench, if he was playing there was a chance that "maybe" he could have been!

Cleveland is benching Hoyer, and they are still in the playoff picture, Davis was benched and we really had no chance of making the playoffs unless we won out, that wasn't going to happen. I think Cleveland realizes even if they happened to make playoffs Hoyer isn't their future, it's now time to see if Manzeil is. I really don't think Manzeill is the answer either, but at leas they are seeing if they need to maybe draft or get a FA QB before next year. I will say giving Manzeil a four game tryout isn't very fair, but they can maybe see if he is or isn't their future, that's all I was asking for the Rams to do with Davis.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Hoyer got benched because he's playing really, really badly as of late. He's thrown something like 1 TD to 8 INTs in his last 4 games and the Browns are 1-3 in that span.

He was benched because, despite his prior play, he's now under performing and a detriment to the team. He wasn't benched because of the future... he was benched because of the now.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats why i don't think they will spend a draft pick on a QB. If they could resist all the hype last year on johnie football i don't see them doing it this year. you guys realize Davis is only two years younger then Bradford right. i think most think he's a lot younger.
I'm not sure if you're going to be right but good points mtc!

:10:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Hoyer got benched because he's playing really, really badly as of late. He's thrown something like 1 TD to 8 INTs in his last 4 games and the Browns are 1-3 in that span.

He was benched because, despite his prior play, he's now under performing and a detriment to the team. He wasn't benched because of the future... he was benched because of the now.

I know exactly what he has done in the last four games. Some people on here about 4 weeks wanted to go after him when he became a free agent? I said no back then, he only completed a liitle over 50% of his passes all year before this bad stretch, he had a few good games, but overall he has not played well all year.

And when you are in the playoff picture you don't bench your guy that got you there to go with a guy who's never even played in the NFL other than a couple of snaps last week! They will still go out there and try to win, but they know the odds are immensly against them, they have given up and are looking at the future whether you believe that or not! They are seeing what they have in Manzeil

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know exactly what he has done in the last four games. Some people on here about 4 weeks wanted to go after him when he became a free agent? I said no back then, he only completed a liitle over 50% of his passes all year before this bad stretch, he had a few good games, but overall he has not played well all year.

And when you are in the playoff picture you don't bench your guy that got you there to go with a guy who's never even played in the NFL other than a couple of snaps last week! They will still go out there and try to win, but they know the odds are immensly against them, they have given up and are looking at the future whether you believe that or not! They are seeing what they have in Manzeil
Hoyer had some good games last year. A horrible preseason this year but then did okay to start out the season.

He actually surprised a lot of people, me included. He looked like that same cat from last year and not the dude we all saw in preseason.

Lately though, in his last four, those games were just plain awful. :nod:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if you're going to be right but good points mtc!

:10:

Thanks. Yeah I have no idea. We are also down a 4th & a 6th rd pick too. It really depends on how his rehab is coming along. I wish they would talk about that more.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is safe to say that IF Sam takes the paycut and remains healthy, he will indeed be under center for the start of Week 1. To those who are detractors of Hundley, he is NOT getting chosen in the first round unless someone reaches for him at the bottom of round 1. He is a 2nd round prospect. He CAN be a good NFL QB with polish. Polish he will get as a #2 QB. I personally think Bryce Petty from Baylor is a better fit for Fisher's system. He is essentially the same QB as Sam, just a little smaller with better mobility. The bigger issue is not necessarily the QB, it is the O Line. Jake Long is as good as gone and if he does stay he will move inside. Barksdale may or may not be here depending on what offers he gets. Wells is gone. 2 other guys from the bench are FA as well.
I am still of the opinion based on where we are now expecting to draft, we MUST MUST MUST grab one of the top 5 OT in the draft (Scherff,Ogbuehi,Peat,Collins,Stanley) in round 1, then look at either OLB or CB in round 2 depending on which prospects are on the board and then snag Petty in the 3rd round. In addition, I feel like the Rams need to go after Mike Iupati or, for a smaller price, Stefan Weisnewski. If we completely lock down the O Line, then I could play QB and we would win 8 games. :whistle: With an above average talent like a healthy Bradford, we win 11.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean imagine this O line in front of Bradford week 1:

LT Greg Robinson
LG Mike Iupati
C Barrett Jones
RG Rodger Saffold
RT Cedric Ogbuehi

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, that would be awesome and I like your thinking Commish!! I hope things work out as you have suggested. I would love Petty and the O-lineman. I agree. Long is gone and so is Wells. Joseph should be history and Barksdale has not been helping his cause by getting beat badly in the last three or so games. I definitely could see the O-line you've suggested. Young, beasts, and many with a chip on their shoulder.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ calling Austin Davis a veteran... Yeah... He is a veteran just like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Davis is basically a third year rookie.

No way does Samantha take another snap for the Rams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still of the opinion based on where we are now expecting to draft, we MUST MUST MUST grab one of the top 5 OT in the draft (Scherff,Ogbuehi,Peat,Collins,Stanley) in round 1
I think its more imperative that they position themselves to get a top 2 Center in the draft. A top OT in RD1 is likely because the strength of the draft is in the trenches on both sides and in WR and oline is the Rams biggest hole moving forward of that group.

But man....the Rams need a leader at QB.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its more imperative that they position themselves to get a top 2 Center in the draft.

Well, the top 3 Center prospects are late 2nd to 3rd round projections. So we can grab an OT in round 1 like,say, La'el Collins. Then we can grab a C like Hroniss Grasu from Oregon or Reese Dismukes from Auburn in round 2 and then grab Bryce Petty in round 3. Also, we can easily grab one of the next 3 C prospects in round 5 (someone like BJ Finney from Kansas St) so there is that option.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thought... With Jay Cutler's struggles in Chicago would you trade our first round pick (say 15th overall ) for him and take his mega contract??

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean imagine this O line in front of Bradford week 1:

LT Greg Robinson
LG Mike Iupati
C Barrett Jones
RG Rodger Saffold
RT Cedric Ogbuehi

That's nice. I hope Jones is coming along.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thought... With Jay Cutler's struggles in Chicago would you trade our first round pick (say 15th overall ) for him and take his mega contract??

Absolutely not, Cutler is struggling with a good TE, RB, and two #1 WR. Cutler is good when he is good, bad when he is bad, unfortunately it's 50-50 with Jim!