• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams starting Qb of 2015 and the other qbs

2015 Rams starting Qb?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not want Hill as our starting QB next year, he can't throw the deep ball, I would rather have Bradford start, and I really don't want to see that either because I don't think he will ever make it through a whole season again. I don't know what the answer is, but it's not those two, not crazy about the FA's out there either

If the Rams can't get a top quality QB in FA or in the draft then what? Bradford? Again? If Hill wins out this season he is the starter until Sam can play which may be never. Better get use to Hill......

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright all of you Sammy lovers. Simple question: Say that we offer Sammy Softstool a new reduced deal and he flat out refuses to sign. Then what? :rollseyes:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright all of you Sammy lovers. Simple question: Say that we offer Sammy Softstool a new reduced deal and he flat out refuses to sign. Then what? :rollseyes:

I'm no Sammie lover, if he doesn't sign reduced deal. I would think everyone would say don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
If the Rams can't get a top quality QB in FA or in the draft then what? Bradford? Again? If Hill wins out this season he is the starter until Sam can play which may be never. Better get use to Hill......

:L:doh::gaah:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll get his money. They might restructure it so he gets it in the form of a bonus so it helps with cap. That's my guess. Softstool made me lol. If you really think of all the abuse he has taken he's pretty damn tough. He's taken some megahits and got right back up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford
Rookie QB
Davis
I think Davis is gone. Someone other than the Rams will take a flyer on him....

Bradford, Brett Hundley or Bryce Petty, Case Keenum... those will be our 3 QB's going into camp.
I could live with this, it has legs to move us into the 2016 season!

He'll get his money. They might restructure it so he gets it in the form of a bonus so it helps with cap. That's my guess. Softstool made me lol. If you really think of all the abuse he has taken he's pretty damn tough. He's taken some megahits and got right back up.
Well, he didn't get 'right back up' in 2011 nor 2013 and then again this preseason but you are right to not question his toughness IMO.

I'm all for a healthy Sam Bradford on a reduced, incentive laced and signing bonus deal. I'd keep Case Keenum another year as he has learned our system on the PS all season and may beat out Hill who will most likely be on the Rams early training camp roster too.

Sam may be on his way to a backup role himself if any lengthy injury hits him again as a starter especially if a Hundley or Petty or even Keenum begins to shine!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Davis is gone. Someone other than the Rams will take a flyer on him....

I could live with this, it has legs to move us into the 2016 season!

Well, he didn't get 'right back up' in 2011 nor 2013 and then again this preseason but you are right to not question his toughness IMO.

I'm all for a healthy Sam Bradford on a reduced, incentive laced and signing bonus deal. I'd keep Case Keenum another year as he has learned our system on the PS all season and may beat out Hill who will most likely be on the Rams early training camp roster too.

Sam may be on his way to a backup role himself if any lengthy injury hits him again as a starter especially if a Hundley or Petty or even Keenum begins to shine!

I guess I'm not getting the love for Keenum and the dislike for Davis?

People say that Davis was cut by the Rams and brought back, Keenum was cut by the Rams, he was also cut by the Texans, I read an article, he was cut for his inability to identify and beat blitzes, hmmm, the same thing people are complaining about Davis. Keenum was undrafted, so 32 teams passed on him,.

I just don't think we can afford to take a chance with Bradford, a guy that we have taken a chance on for 4 years now, and he has set us back 4 years already. I really don't care who we have back there, I would rather take a chance with an old Hill, who we all know I don't like. To me, it just makes no sense to have Bradford as our staring QB, as a backup, I'm fine with that!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm not getting the love for Keenum and the dislike for Davis?

People say that Davis was cut by the Rams and brought back, Keenum was cut by the Rams, he was also cut by the Texans, I read an article, he was cut for his inability to identify and beat blitzes, hmmm, the same thing people are complaining about Davis. Keenum was undrafted, so 32 teams passed on him,.

I just don't think we can afford to take a chance with Bradford, a guy that we have taken a chance on for 4 years now, and he has set us back 4 years already. I really don't care who we have back there, I would rather take a chance with an old Hill, who we all know I don't like. To me, it just makes no sense to have Bradford as our staring QB, as a backup, I'm fine with that!
I don't have a dislike for Davis, I've said this many times. I do however believe Snisher will not want to give Davis the money he can fetch as a FA and that is why I think he will be gone, much like Kellen Clemens last year.

Hill's age will keep him with the Rams at least up to the 53 man cut next year and then we will see if we go with Case or Hill IMO.

Case was a stud at Houston. He can throw with accuracy to just about anywhere on the field and he gets to face all those Greg Williams blitz packages to help improve in his decision making area. So he may grow and learn from a lot from good film. Again, he has a lot of the same qualities that Davis has except Case wont be getting FA offers like I expect Davis to get this off season.

What Case Keenum brings to the Rams - St. Louis Rams Blog - ESPN

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a dislike for Davis, I've said this many times. I do however believe Snisher will not want to give Davis the money he can fetch as a FA and that is why I think he will be gone, much like Kellen Clemens last year.

Hill's age will keep him with the Rams at least up to the 53 man cut next year and then we will see if we go with Case or Hill IMO.

Case was a stud at Houston. He can throw with accuracy to just about anywhere on the field and he gets to face all those Greg Williams blitz packages to help improve in his decision making area. So he may grow and learn from a lot from good film. Again, he has a lot of the same qualities that Davis has except Case wont be getting FA offers like I expect Davis to get this off season.
What Case Keenum brings to the Rams - St. Louis Rams Blog - ESPN

I agree with you, Davis will get some offers and probably will be gone. Keenum was a stud in college in the "system" he was in. He was 0-8 as a starter with Houston, a team that has A. Johnson and Hopkins, both of who would be our number 1 receiver if we had them, he also had Foster and Tate as his running backs. He completed barely over 50% of his passes, again they got rid of him because "he wasn't" getting the blitzes, I don't see where he is going to "get it" with us?

Plus the guy is 6'1" 205, we need a big QB 6'4, we have way to many passes knocked down!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said, Case was an UDFA but hooked up to the 53 man roster last year with Houston so basically an UDFA was thrown to the wolves his rookie season mainly because he was a fan favorite and the HC there was on his way out so why the heck not try the rookie. He then was placed on waivers by Houston when we picked him up.

Case showed a lot of the same traits as Davis and yet you are high on Davis. They both hold on to the ball too long, make poor decisions reading blitzes, take unnecessary sacks, yadda, yadda, yadda....

The point, Case spent his entire sophomore season on the Rams practice squad much like Davis however Davis is in his third year now and still having the same issues Case had in his rookie season.

With the defense we have, if Case can grow as an NFL QB (As some QB's do in their sophomore seasons) we could be on to a decent back up or even a serviceable starter if he figures it out. After all, he did figured it out in College and became the NCAA's all-time leader in total passing yards, touchdowns, and completions! I think that could be worth a flyer since we most likely lose Davis to FA.

How about you giving him the same chance as you wanted to give Davis before we all start writing him off as a guy who 'can't get it'. The NFL is fast and he never did adjust his rookie year, it's that simple. With a little time under the same system, who knows....

By the way career numbers for both...

Case
8 GS, 9 TD's, 6 Int's, 1760 yds, 6 fumbles 2 lost, 19 sacks & 78.2 QB rating as a Rookie.

Austin
10 GS, 12 TD's 9 Int's, 2001 yds, 5 fumbles, 3 lost, 29 sacks & 85.1 QB rating as a 3rd year Vet.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin
10 GS, 12 TD's 9 Int's, 2001 yds, 5 fumbles, 3 lost, 29 sacks & 85.1 QB rating as a 3rd year Vet.

Can you call him a 3rd year vet if he's never started a game before this season and was always the 3rd or 4th string QB? I don't think thats a fair association

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Hundley as the backup is that he is a first rounder. I know mocks have him going in the 2nd now but there is always a guys with ???? and upside like Manziel, Flacco, Manuel, Locker, Gabbert, Bridgewater or Freeman and they go later in the first round.

If you draft a QB in the first round, he is your Week 1 starter or starting by like week 5 at the latest.

I still havent really looked at tape to see if these guys are legit franchise QB prospects yet. Ill certainly be watching the Kansas St vs UCLA game and the Oregon vs Florida St game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you call him a 3rd year vet if he's never started a game before this season and was always the 3rd or 4th string QB? I don't think thats a fair association
Davis has been in the NFL for three seasons, he has been to three training camps and all under the same OC. He has looked at more film, has had a ton more snaps vs NFL talent than any rookie regardless of his role on the team. Davis should have an in depth understanding from all his work with the coaching staff what they are trying to accomplish and what Defensive Coordinators are trying to accomplish against him at this level than some rookie QB.

So jacob, I do think it's fair when comparing him to an UDFA rookie QB thrown into a horrible situation that year in Houston.

Rookies in general have their heads spinning trying to understand their job and the job of everyone around them. When its the QB, I'm actually amazed anytime a Rookie QB starts an NFL game no matter where they are drafted.

In most comparisons I would probably refer to Davis as a first year starter but not against an UDFA rookie.

Besides that, it was all in response to Smed stating that Case didn't 'get it' with blitzes and wonder how he was going to 'get it' with us.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Hundley as the backup is that he is a first rounder. I know mocks have him going in the 2nd now but there is always a guys with ???? and upside like Manziel, Flacco, Manuel, Locker, Gabbert, Bridgewater or Freeman and they go later in the first round.

If you draft a QB in the first round, he is your Week 1 starter or starting by like week 5 at the latest.

I still havent really looked at tape to see if these guys are legit franchise QB prospects yet. Ill certainly be watching the Kansas St vs UCLA game and the Oregon vs Florida St game.
Maybe not with Fisher....

Since he is bent on running the course with Sam Bradford, then he may just let the guy hold the clip board their entire rookie season even if Sam were to go down to injury sometime in the season. In this scenario, I see Jeff starting a system guy like Davis, Hill or Keenum whoever we pick up and pick up the games as the backup until Sam were to come back or to finish off the season.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, and if you want to compare college numbers, Davis broke all of Farve's records. I will be fair "if" they decide to go with Case, but Yiu also left out the fact that Case only completed like 53% of his passes compared to Davis's 64%, that's a big difference, considering you said Case is very accurate. He also had two, that's two stud number one WR's he was throwing to, along with a verupy good running game.

I agree that Davis will probably be gone, I just don't feel he was given that good of a shot, 8 games , of which 6 were pretty good is not a very look at what he can do, you can say the same thing about Case even though he was 0-8 as, but he also had a ton more to work with!

Hey, as always, just my opinion!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis has been in the NFL for three seasons, he has been to three training camps and all under the same OC. He has looked at more film, has had a ton more snaps vs NFL talent than any rookie regardless of his role on the team. Davis should have an in depth understanding from all his work with the coaching staff what they are trying to accomplish and what Defensive Coordinators are trying to accomplish against him at this level than some rookie QB.

So jacob, I do think it's fair when comparing him to an UDFA rookie QB thrown into a horrible situation that year in Houston.

Rookies in general have their heads spinning trying to understand their job and the job of everyone around them. When its the QB, I'm actually amazed anytime a Rookie QB starts an NFL game no matter where they are drafted

In most comparisons I would probably refer to Davis as a first year starter but not against an UDFA rookie.

Besides that, it was all in response to Smed stating that Case didn't 'get it' with blitzes and wonder how he was going to 'get it' with us.

Actually it wasnt actually my statement, that was a statement I read from an article as to why Houston cut him.

Davis has pretty much been the 3rd string QB since he has been here, I don't believe he's getting as many reps as you think he did, and if he was it wasn't with the starters, Davis was thrown in behind a bad oline, which didn't help our running game, and our WR aren't great, they are getting better, but what Case "was thrown in to" at Houston was a good to great running game, and two NUMBER ONE WR, I'm sure Davis or any other QB in the league would love to be "thrown into" that Situation!

Also, FYi, I know it won't make any difference to you, but Davis has only started 8 games, the same as Case!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I too think if you draft a QB that high he should probably start, especially when the starters you do have aren't the answer?

But you can look at all the tape you want and it won't matter, the NFL is littered with QB's that were can't miss QB's. There are people that will say "I knew he would be a stud" but that's after the fact, there are just as many people that said the same thing about guys that didn't make it!

I don't see anyone in this draft that is automatic, Marriota, is very good, is it his system, I don't know, not willing to risk #1 pick and be right where we are now. Theres just as good a chance of one of the other later round QB's making it, it's just a question of which one, no one knows for sure!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too think if you draft a QB that high he should probably start, especially when the starters you do have aren't the answer?

But you can look at all the tape you want and it won't matter, the NFL is littered with QB's that were can't miss QB's. There are people that will say "I knew he would be a stud" but that's after the fact, there are just as many people that said the same thing about guys that didn't make it!

I don't see anyone in this draft that is automatic, Marriota, is very good, is it his system, I don't know, not willing to risk #1 pick and be right where we are now. Theres just as good a chance of one of the other later round QB's making it, it's just a question of which one, no one knows for sure!
Yeah, QB evaluation is almost impossible because the game changes so much from college to the NFL. In college, everyone is open and in the NFL, no one is open. So the best QBs are the guys who make great throws when a guy is covered....but thats a catch 22 in college because if the QB is throwing to a guy who is covered then he is throwing it to the wrong guy

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rookies in general have their heads spinning trying to understand their job and the job of everyone around them. When its the QB, I'm actually amazed anytime a Rookie QB starts an NFL game no matter where they are drafted.

Well I would love to see Davis get another shot with a full offseason working with the 1st team starters and a offensive line that was playing as ours is now.