• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams@Seahawks, Post-Game Analysis: Rams Lose, 6-20

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching another disjointed effort by the Rams yesterday (except for the defense), I found myself mulling over the latest common phrase that keeps appearing when pundits and fans alike discuss this Rams team. That is, everyone keeps stating: “Fisher and the Rams are close.” After watching yet another laughable team debacle by the Rams, the question that comes to mind is: “Close to what?” The answer is numerous ranging from: Being competitive (whatever that means) to, what, another 6-10 season, to, a 7-9season, maybe 8-8, or even a 9-7 season.

But all of these “guesses” fail to account for the continued underlining failures that still have yet to be remedied. This team still finds a way to lose and these failures continue to contribute to the laughable index this team can engender at any given moment in any given game. Classic example: As we have discussed many times, the offense is progressing excruciatingly slowly and after a great offensive game against the Raiders and the Skins, facing the number one defense in the NFL produced a laughable effort. This was especially poignant in the closing seconds of the game when we were defeated and facing a 4th and 35, Shottenheimer waves off the punt in favor of a play with 2:35 to go. Everyone is thinking a Hail-Mary pass or a clever ingenious 40-yard pass play to get a first down and the continuance of the drive to at least leave the game with a face-saving TD. But nooooooo. Shottenheimer calls for an underneath play that nets 7 yards and has no hopes of succeeding blatantly displaying what everyone has been saying about this team all season long.

The play was a joke! It was so utterly laughable to the point of shedding tears because it exemplified the abject futility and deception-masquerading quality of a professional franchise that has personified the word ineptitude for nearly a decade and a half. Underneath all the promises and attempts to raise this franchise out of an incredible miserable hole of uselessness and deception by this latest attempt of a Snisher administration, the true characteristic of this team of embracing loser status as a thing to be cherished appeared again in a completely ridiculous play.

Is it then any wonder why the rest of the league continues to believe the Rams to be weak, soft, and a dependable perennial loser? There really is a reason why Rams fans are so skeptical. We have been promised so many good things and the hope of leaving the losing mentality behind so many times in so many forms and then have it all blow up in our faces that we no longer trust the promises by any administration including the present one. This is because the results don’t lie and are always the same- ANOTHER LOSING SEASON-WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR. This team has no Heart let alone being competitive. This team in several words is TENUOUS AT BEST!!

On Offense. The Positives. Not much here. Everyone knew this was going to be a defensive struggle as two good defenses went at it. We had 66 total yards going into the third quarter but we were still ahead 6-3. For the record, Hill went 26 of 37 for 243 yards and the offense finished the game with a whopping 245 yards compared to Seattle’s 354. Mason was the high man rushing with 11 carries for 28 yards and B. Cunningham was the top receiver with 7 catches for 57 yards.

On Offense. The Negatives. Too numerous to list. I’ll just state that Hill had three TOs (2 INTs and a fumble lost), the O-line gave up 4 sacks for 40 yards, B. Cunningham had a fumble lost, and we basically sucked on offense the majority of the game.

On Defense. The Positives. This was the one unit that showed up for this game unlike last week. We finished the year in the top ten of defenses and the D-lineman rack up some more impressive sack totals for the year. Our D held the Seattle offense to no TDs for nearly three quarters. We had 3 sacks, an INT, and a fumble recovery, and we beat up Russell a good portion of the day. A. Donald was a stud again registering a sack along with Mark Barron and LaMarcus Joyner, and Laurinaitus was top man on tackles with 9 and Olgetree had 8. Donald is headed to the Pro Bowl and that is a good thing. One of the few draft picks that was a steal and congrats to a real stud on defense.

On Defense. The Negatives. We gave up 132 yards rushing spread over several Seahawks RBs and eventually got tired and began giving up TDs in the fourth quarter. Janoris Jenkins continues to get beat resulting in huge plays and Dunbar has become relegated to back-up status. Not too many changes are need on this defense.

On Special Teams. The Postives. Zuerlein was 2 for 2 on FGs. Special teams played average but had no penalties. Hekker is still booming punts and he had a 57 yarder that got us out of a hole in the second half. Other than that, just a routine day.

On Special Teams The Negatives. Nothing to report here.

Well, Rams fans, we close out this year with some noticable progress. We are young and we are better on defense than when we started the season but our offense needs addressing in this upcoming draft. The defense and special teams were fun to watch this year but the offense just made nearly every game tenuous. Many changes need to occur on offense and Shottenheimer has absolutely proven he is really part of the problem and not part of the solution. All I can state here is stay tuned for next year. :yahoo: RR.

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sentence has been passed. This team is an overall joke. One mans opinion is as good as another. No need for debate then. :yahoo:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your frustration Retro!
For a second there I thought we were going to have to turn this into a vent thread! (just kidding).

There are many here that dont like to hear critisism. But 11 years of losing is a good reason for people to call for heads! I dont know what it is, but it just seems as though this team just cant catch a break. We just dont know how to win or how to battle till the end! I know a lot here get mad at me for critisizing but its just out of frustration. I actually forgot what it was like to see my team play in January! Anyways sorry for rambling but great write up!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Zeke. Yea, perhaps my analysis could be construed as negativity better suited for the vent thread but the reality is that we are still committing the same errors and not fixng problems that continue to contribute to poor performances and overall losing seasons. Are we better than last year overall? Perhaps, but until those things get fixed, I could just as easily cut and paste this analysis into next year as well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only thing the defense needs right now is a shutdown CB to be a dominant defense like (or better than) Seattle or Arizona (when they're healthy). Eli Manning was able to go after Johnson and Jenkins more often than not is target by most people and his lapse against Seattle was ridiculous. Joyner is promising but not a guy to put on #1s. Gaines was solid for most of the year and Roberson might have some upside.

The offense is a trainwreck without leadership, brains or accountability.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Zeke. Yea, perhaps my analysis could be construed as negativity better suited for the vent thread but the reality is that we are still committing the same errors and not fixng problems that continue to contribute to poor performances and overall losing seasons. Are we better than last year overall? Perhaps, but until those things get fixed, I could just as easily cut and paste this analysis into next year as well.

I think that a 6-10 year deserves some negativity. I fully agree about the copy and paste thing. I think it's glaringly obvious what holes this team has (OLine, QB, CB and possibly the most important of all... a decent Offensive Coordinator).

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. A thousand times, this.

I had the same exact reaction

Leadership = No QB

Brains = Brian Schittyhammer

Accountability = A picture of Cook with his hands raised....

I wish I had my photoshop on this computer I would make a meme.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Retro, thanks for posting these threads. They're a pleasure to read and I think it truly expresses how we all feel about the Rams.

One thing I think sums up the Rams entire season and it you can put a staple in it.

Both teams had turn overs. Seattle did something with them and the Rams did not.
it truly was men among boys on the field yesterday.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks jacobarch and your position analysis is not too shabby as well.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had this season ending analysis all wrote out and the net dropped, just like Shotts brain in the 3rd quarter, will try again today.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang in there Blue. More analysis is always welcome.