• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams RB question

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely have a point SP.

Mason did fairly well against some good defenses last season (Denver, Seattle). No reason to think that he couldn't improve in Gurley's absence. Plus having drafted Gurley that will more than likely motivate the hell out of Mason.

He's basically fighting for his job. Not that he would ever get cut, but I'm sure he wants his starting role back.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely have a point SP.

Mason did fairly well against some good defenses last season (Denver, Seattle). No reason to think that he couldn't improve in Gurley's absence. Plus having drafted Gurley that will more than likely motivate the hell out of Mason.

He's basically fighting for his job. Not that he would ever get cut, but I'm sure he wants his starting role back.
no gurley absence now face........

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being a therapist im a little shocked hes cleared, but go get em toddy i wanna see you beaastssssst

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02

1) Gurley's college tape is much better than Mason's tape coming out.
2) Rams are going to be running the ball a ton
3) Cunningham is a solid 3
4) Surprisingly Pead still exists
5) Fisher usually isnt going to put someone raw but is quick to pull the hook on RBs

Don't be surprised if Gurley is starting week 1 or 2 and the starter all year

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02

1) Gurley's college tape is much better than Mason's tape coming out.
2) Rams are going to be running the ball a ton
3) Cunningham is a solid 3
4) Surprisingly Pead still exists
5) Fisher usually isnt going to put someone raw but is quick to pull the hook on RBs

Don't be surprised if Gurley is starting week 1 or 2 and the starter all year
Bold is certainly true. Gurley's YAC at UGA were crazy, and he's got more closing speed than Mason. Honestly, TG looks like a classic 2nd half back, guy you don't want to tackle when you're tired.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold is certainly true. Gurley's YAC at UGA were crazy, and he's got more closing speed than Mason. Honestly, TG looks like a classic 2nd half back, guy you don't want to tackle when you're tired.
Gurley has better speed and vision. I thought Mason was a bit of a product of the great system, oline and running QB that Auburn had. Having him go in the 3rd round was a sign that a lot of other teams viewed him that way, too.

Gurley is going to get every chance to win the starting job if he is 100% healthy. Mason and Cunningham are pretty solid but they dont appear to be stars. On a different team, I get the logic of playing Mason. According to PFF, though, the Rams are going to be heading into next season without an above average offensive starter. Fisher and Snead basically went all in on Gurley and you don't waste time on getting a running back on the field and I doubt they are going to be passing much with a bunch of run blocking young guys on the oline.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley will definitely play this year and soon IMO. I liked the Gurley pick by the Rams. I was expecting a stupid pick because their last few drafts have been mediocre considering all the ammo from Washington (spare Donald) but Gurley I actually graded an A for them.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher will use both backs lets just call them thunder and lightning. Gurley will be his thunder and Mason will be his lightning. He actually likes to have both types of backs and loves using the running game. Me personally i like Fish immensely and never wanted him to leave TN. Fish in hindsight made one mistake and that was trying to acquire too much power and pushed the GM out in TN back in 2008. Former GM Floyd Reese wanted QB Jay Cutler in 2006 and Devin Hester in round two but Fisher got his way and we got Lendale White. Can you imagine if Devin Hester did join he and Chris Johnson would be the two fastest guys in league on same team.

Anyway Reese was the one who drafted McNair,George,Rolle,Kearse,Haynesworth and put that great team together. I think had the team been able to draft Cutler then Fisher might still be in TN. All the fighting with VY ultimately lead to him leaving after 2010. Fisher from 1999 through 2010 with Titans did great and anytime there was a losing season he has the team over .500 again within two years. Considering that besides McNair Fisher has never had a franchise caliber QB he has done well. Now that Fisher has a capable QB Foles,good running game and a stout defense he should be in postseason this year.

When owners interfere its never good. Adams demanding VY be drafted doomed TN,Snyder and his ridiculous trade for RG3,Haslam demanding Manziel although his GM wanted Bridgewater.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being a therapist im a little shocked hes cleared, but go get em toddy i wanna see you beaastssssst

It is one of the huge mistakes of the PUP list IMO that guys can't practice at all.

If they would have kept him on the PUP list, Gurley wouldn't be able to take his first practice handoff until after the 6th week of the season. And in that situation, it would be highly unlikely that he would actually be ready to go live in a game until like week 8 or 9. So instead of sticking him on PUP, they just make him active in order to get him some reps in practice when he gets closer to being ready.

Having blown the knee out in mid-November, I would still be really surprised to see him dressed for an NFL game in Sept.