• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams O

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the fence with this trade.

Michel has been very hit and miss with the Pats and has injury history himself.

Giving up a 4th rounder for a guy that will be a FA after the season seems steep for a 1 year rental, especially when the Rams draft well in the 3rd and 4th rounds. That is a valuable pick to lose for a guy that doesn't stay healthy and is inconsitent when he is.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the fence with this trade.

Michel has been very hit and miss with the Pats and has injury history himself.

Giving up a 4th rounder for a guy that will be a FA after the season seems steep for a 1 year rental, especially when the Rams draft well in the 3rd and 4th rounds. That is a valuable pick to lose for a guy that doesn't stay healthy and is inconsitent when he is.

We are supposed to have 11 picks (with comps) in 2022 before this trade. Sounds like Sony was having a great camp in NE as well. I don’t mind it at all

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are supposed to have 11 picks (with comps) in 2022 before this trade. Sounds like Sony was having a great camp in NE as well. I don’t mind it at all
I get it SJ

just seems like a wasted pick because he’ll be gone after the season.

so, you give up a quality pick for a rental. That’s what I don’t like.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it SJ

just seems like a wasted pick because he’ll be gone after the season.

so, you give up a quality pick for a rental. That’s what I don’t like.

While Sony did have some injury issues he was very good for the Pats when on the field.

He's not really a one year rental in that I believe the Rams can now pick up the 5th year option on his rookie contract(something the Pats declined).

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Sony did have some injury issues he was very good for the Pats when on the field.

He's not really a one year rental in that I believe the Rams can now pick up the 5th year option on his rookie contract(something the Pats declined).

Even if he is a 1 year rental it’s only a bad trade if he’s hurt for weeks. 4th rounder is a middle of the road pick. But we really don’t have a choice with our RBs getting hurt. So basically it’s rolling the dice on 1st/2nd round talent but still having 9-10 picks even after the trade.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Ram RB have a 5.4 yard per carry average in 2020? He's got a 5.8 YPC so far in the preseason this year. The Rams got a fair deal for an excellent RB, knowing that he will only be with them this year. Just pray that he doesn't have a 1200 yard season and walk away to the 49ers or Seahawks.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should trade that 2nd rounder in 2022 for an Olineman or LB and picks right now before we screw that pick up. Lol

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re giving up either a fifth- and sixth-round pick in 2022 or the compensatory fourth-rounder they’ll get for losing safety John Johnson in free agency. That seems like a lot to give up for a former Georgia tailback with multiple injuries including a potentially degenerative knee condition, especially given that the Rams aren’t very far removed in the grand scheme of things from escaping a contract with a former Georgia tailback with multiple injuries including a degenerative knee condition.

In the coming days, plenty of young and healthy and capable tailbacks will be available as rosters fall from 80 to 53. Other veterans can be had with no sacrifice of draft picks, like Frank Gore and Adrian Petersen. (Todd Gurley — the aforementioned other former Georgia tailback — also is available. But a reunion was always highly unlikely.)

As one league source put it, “Great trade for New England. The Rams hate to draft these days.”

Indeed they do. With no first-round pick next year or the year after, that compensatory fourth-rounder would have come in handy. Now, it’s being used on a running back who is entering the final year of his rookie contract, because he didn’t do enough in his first three seasons to get the Patriots to pick up the fifth-year option.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he is a 1 year rental it’s only a bad trade if he’s hurt for weeks. 4th rounder is a middle of the road pick. But we really don’t have a choice with our RBs getting hurt. So basically it’s rolling the dice on 1st/2nd round talent but still having 9-10 picks even after the trade.

Personally, I think the Rams scored big time on this one(assuming Sony plays the majority of the season which i think he will). I didn't want the Pats to trade him but knew they likely would based on us having a full stable of backs and them not picking up Sony's 5th year option.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know SJ76 is pleased with the Michel trade because Michel is another SEC player. LOL! And SJ76 is usually right about SEC players because the overwhelming majority of them come from schools who are highly competitive and know how to win. Michel played at Georgia with the Rams new RBs coach Thomas Brown. With McSnead, this is one of their major dynamics they use to go get a proven player. Has he worked with somebody on our staff preferably in the position that player is coming in to do? Since McVay and Belicheat are brothers-under-the-skin (Bonesman) buds, New England was the first place the dumbass twins went. That and because New England is loaded at the RBs position. This is not like any other industry decision-making process I suppose.

The dumbass twins totally ignored bigger and younger backs the Rams could have obtained for the same compensation package we gave New England for Michel but, in this case, and it is a very significant "BUT", a Cam Akers clone (both are about 5'10-5'11, 215-218lbs and are decent hard-working backs that know how to win) is not necessarily what we need on offense, especially in the Red Zone. Everyone knows we need a big, fast, bruiser back of whom we do not have.

Add to this is the fact that Michel has durability issues and he is not necessarily known for his pass catching skills which supposedly Xavier jones will cover. Moreover, we got a one-year rental which sets us up for that douchebag Demoff to extend this guy with another one of those ridiculous albatross contracts that gets players sent out the door when they start having even greater issues like chronic injuries or locker room canceritis.

I can just see Demoff creamin'-his-jeans over getting the chance to spend gobs more of the Limp Biscuit's money on yet another "deserving" player. Probably has a stiffy right now over the mere thought of it all

Last edited:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the following is true.

Sony Michel facts 1) The Rams ran outsize zone or man on 69% of their run plays last year; highest rate in the NFL. 2) Michel averaged 4.2 yards after contact per attempt on those runs in 2020, leading the league (min. 20 attempts) 3) Michel averaged 3.0 on all other runs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re giving up either a fifth- and sixth-round pick in 2022 or the compensatory fourth-rounder they’ll get for losing safety John Johnson in free agency. That seems like a lot to give up for a former Georgia tailback with multiple injuries including a potentially degenerative knee condition, especially given that the Rams aren’t very far removed in the grand scheme of things from escaping a contract with a former Georgia tailback with multiple injuries including a degenerative knee condition.

In the coming days, plenty of young and healthy and capable tailbacks will be available as rosters fall from 80 to 53. Other veterans can be had with no sacrifice of draft picks, like Frank Gore and Adrian Petersen. (Todd Gurley — the aforementioned other former Georgia tailback — also is available. But a reunion was always highly unlikely.)

As one league source put it, “Great trade for New England. The Rams hate to draft these days.”

Indeed they do. With no first-round pick next year or the year after, that compensatory fourth-rounder would have come in handy. Now, it’s being used on a running back who is entering the final year of his rookie contract, because he didn’t do enough in his first three seasons to get the Patriots to pick up the fifth-year option.
You are exactly correct ALR. The insanity of the FO braintrust is being revealed slowly but surely by their own actions for this kind of exercising the definition of insanity. That being doing the same behavior and expecting different results. They had Todd Gurley with a career-ending degenerative knees condition and then they go out and dump more draft assets on a guy with the same situation, who has durability issues, doesn't catch passes well, and is a one-year rental. He does have league-leading Yards-After-Contact stats that are impressive.

I am now convinced that McSnead will never win a snooperbowl because of the accumulation of little small insanities that in total lead to a disaster at the wrong time. If a given company, corporation, or business does little stupid shit all the time, over time they set themselves up for a massive failure at a time when they really want a major success. Case in point: The Los Angeles Rams under the tenure of one set of dumbass twins known McSnead.

I hope I am wrong here but stay tuned on this one!

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also ALR, I can't see McSnead sitting idle in the fourth round with no pick. I am quite sure, Snead will do some wizardry to obtain one or more fourth rounders because he will potentially have 4, sixth rounders and 2, seventh rounders to play with when the compensatory picks are eventually awarded.

I don't believe the Rams are done trading yet either in this Preseason as I am pretty sure they are going to send Hekker some place. Part of that trade could easily be obtaining a fourth rounder or maybe a fourth and a fifth rounder. Hekker is the highest paid punter in the league and his play is beginning to wane a bit. And because of that big contract, we all know what that means,

The Rams have also been mentioned in a potential trade of Rapp to the Eagles for OT Dillard that could include picks. Dillard BTW, is a 2019 First Rounder by the Eagles. Again stay tuned on this one as well.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are exactly correct ALR. The insanity of the FO braintrust is being revealed slowly but surely by their own actions for this kind of exercising the definition of insanity. That being doing the same behavior and expecting different results. They had Todd Gurley with a career-ending degenerative knees condition and then they go out and dump more draft assets on a guy with the same situation, who has durability issues, doesn't catch pass well, and is a one-year rental.

I am now convinced that McSnead will never win a snooperbowl because of the accumulation of little small insanities that in total lead to a disaster at the wrong time. If a given company, corporation, or business does little stupid shit all the time, over time they set themselves up for a massive failure at a time when they really want a major success. Case in point: The Los Angeles Rams under the tenure of one set of dumbass twins known McSnead. I hope I am wrong here but stay tuned on this one!
I'd love to take credit Retro, but that post was from an article about the trade.

I just don't understand the trade at this point instead of waiting to see who would've been available after cuts.

and you are right about the knee issue. It's a big issue/concern that McSnead apparently don't care about going down that road again.

SJ keeps saying we are getting a former #1 RB for a 4th, but we can all agree he is a bust for a 1st rounder. Doesn't matter where the guy was drafted if his stats don't match the position drafted. And, of course, now that they have Michel, that will put Jones and Funk on the back burner and severely hinder their development.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right ALR. I do believe that because Michel doesn't excel so much in pass-catching ability, Funk and Jones will see more playing time than if Michel was not obtained in a trade. But this is all subjective and with our stellar coaching staff that McVay raves about, maybe the Rams are not concerned with Michel's pass-catching ability so much as they are with his excellent, sometimes league-leading Yards-After-Contact stats. We shall see though, about how all of this affects Jones and Funk's development through playing time.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ keeps saying we are getting a former #1 RB for a 4th, but we can all agree he is a bust for a 1st rounder. Doesn't matter where the guy was drafted if his stats don't match the position drafted. And, of course, now that they have Michel, that will put Jones and Funk on the back burner and severely hinder their development.

1) what other RB do you want to get?

2) how is Michel a bust? Lol. He rushed for over 900 yards in his first two season in the NFL and on a team that throws alot and always has a deep RB crew.

even tho the dude was hurt last year he still played 9 games.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Ram RB have a 5.4 yard per carry average in 2020? He's got a 5.8 YPC so far in the preseason this year. The Rams got a fair deal for an excellent RB, knowing that he will only be with them this year. Just pray that he doesn't have a 1200 yard season and walk away to the 49ers or Seahawks.

Since NE declined his option, we can’t claim it? I don’t know

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know SJ76 is pleased with the Michel trade because Michel is another SEC player. LOL! And SJ76 is usually right about SEC players because the overwhelming majority of them come from schools who are highly competitive and know how to win. Michel played at Georgia with the Rams new RBs coach Thomas Brown. With McSnead, this is one of their major dynamics they use to go get a proven player. Has he worked with somebody on our staff preferably in the position that player is coming in to do? Since McVay and Belicheat are brothers-under-the-skin (Bonesman) buds, New England was the first place the dumbass twins went. That and because New England is loaded at the RBs position. This is not like any other industry decision-making process I suppose.

The dumbass twins totally ignored bigger and younger backs the Rams could have obtained for the same compensation package we gave New England for Michel but, in this case, and it is a very significant "BUT", a Cam Akers clone (both are about 5'10-5'11, 215-218lbs and are decent hard-working backs that know how to win) is not necessarily what we need on offense, especially in the Red Zone. Everyone knows we need a big, fast, bruiser back of whom we do not have.

Add to this is the fact that Michel has durability issues and he is not necessarily known for his pass catching skills which supposedly Xavier jones will cover. Moreover, we got a one-year rental which sets us up for that douchebag Demoff to extend this guy with another one of those ridiculous albatross contracts that gets players sent out the door when they start having even greater issues like chronic injuries or locker room canceritis.

I can just see Demoff creamin'-his-jeans over getting the chance to spend gobs more of the Limp Biscuit's money on yet another "deserving" player. Probably has a stiffy right now over the mere thought of it all

We had to make a move. This is a good one. Typically SEC RBs are worn down but Georgia like Alabama always have a few good ones. Wonder what Stafford thinks about this? Both he and Michel both Georgia boys

Ideally Henderson and Michel can split the load, while Funk continues to improve and be that 6th round steal we need again. That and pick up another RB coming off of waivers that can share some of the load. Need to stay healthy and squash injury bug right meow