• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams O

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bout time we get this thread going...

Last two games, both end with L's, with nearly 900 passing yards & just over 100 rushing yards for the two games combined!

Now, what could be the problem?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a few beers, I was thinking...

picmonkey-collagemartz-mcvay.png

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SJ76 is that our RT Rob?

giphy.gif

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to think of something for our Center...

source.gif

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bout time we get this thread going...

Last two games, both end with L's, with nearly 900 passing yards & just over 100 rushing yards for the two games combined!

Now, what could be the problem?

Too many turnovers against Tampa. Pretty sure Greg Z could have won the game last night.

That and Russ Wilson outplayed your lover boy Goff last night

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and Russ Wilson outplayed your lover boy Goff last night
Your hate does not equal my love, lets get that straight.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is the man, but he won by a 1 point at home getting 160+ rushing yards, sure some of those were his but this Rams offense better get a grip and start running the ball or we are going to see a lot more L's in the win loss column.

Just breaking a total of 100 rushing yards total in the last two games is gonna be the end of both Goff and McVay, and Goff doesn't have much say in the matter.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all begins in the trenches, the O-line and the Rams D-line are both struggling. I think we have to look beyond the players. The Rams have talent and should be crushing teams.

Something is wrong with the coaching and decision making on the field. Maybe McVay is getting to cute or he is still coaching last seasons team not this seasons team. Or maybe the Rams have become too predictable.

So I don't blame any player, I blame the coaching staff. The players are playing their hearts out.

I did notice something last night that concerned me. Goff threw a low pass to Gurley. And Gurley didn't catch the pass, when Gurley came back into the huddle Goff said something to him and Gurley rolled his eyes behind Goff's back. So this team may be at a point where they are pointing fingers and that is never good.

I'm afraid the Super Bowl losing jinx is in full swing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again our O-line has been viewed as one of the league's worst. The only guy who has played consistently in a decent fashion is Noteboom. Several articles on Ramswire indicate that Havenstein and Blythe are being exposed as the average O-lineman they have been for some time. Whitworth's age is becoming a factor and Allen is really struggling. How can a center be called for penalties in successive games that are virtually non-existent at the pro level? That being false start and delay of game. The fact the we are putting points on the board and moving the ball to a certain degree is a testament to Goff and some other players like Everett, Kupp, and the receiving core. Gurley did get going last night but not without an early struggle. This offense depends on a very good O-line and right now, we don't have one.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The filthy niners are next so the Rams had better get ready fast.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your hate does not equal my love, lets get that straight.

Average is average man. Lol. Has nothing to do with hate. Don’t get all obsessed.

Russ put on a clinic last night. Under pressure all night. Goff had some really good throws no doubt. I stated that. He also had some really bad ones. That’s Goff. Has nothing to do with me

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back in Toronto this weekend so hopefully i'll be able to catch the game this weekend at mom n laws.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are...
22nd in 3rd down conversion
31st in 4th down conversion
29th in time of possession
32nd in 2 pointers percentage
22nd in rushing attempts
22nd in yards per rushing attempt
same many fumbles, as rushing touchdowns and passing touchdowns with 11
26th in passing touchdown percentage
24th in passing touchdowns
26th in passing completion percentage
7th in interceptions and interception percentage
5th in sacks allowed
27th in qb rating
21st in 4th quarter comebacks

The ugliness of the offense

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can a team go from the top of many the same categories just one year removed to the bottom third with only three changes: Saffold and Sullivan gone and Kupp returns? How is that possible? Do you think this would happen with say a Belicheat or Andy Reid? Nope. Both are doing the same things as last year with a few changes and still are winning? Says a lot about how stupid boy genius really is.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is time for McVay to stop all the bullshit excuses and lame rah-rah, positive, I-guarantee-we-will-get-better bullshit talking this late in the season and start demanding his players execute or they'll be replaced. He should take a page from the coach his grandfather hired that led to 5 snooperbowl wins and demand perfection in his offense by consistent execution or out the door you go. Every HC who demanded perfection of his players were legendary winners and none of them were the players' buddies. From Lombardi, to Chuck Noll, to Tom Landry, Parcells, Gibbs, Shula, Belicheat, and Tom Coughlin, the HCs who were relentless taskmasters won it all and several times. Not genius boy. He is more interested in having a warm and fuzzy kumbayah moment every time the team gets together.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What new wrinkle has genius boy derived for his offense that defenses have not seen and utilizes the O talent we already have? McVay trotted-out his version of the jumbo in one of the games this year where all three TEs were on the field with Gurley and we ran and threw out of that formation with good success. Where has that gone since?

Could he not have easily resurrected that in the Stillers game and actually won the game because of the poor Stillers' run defense? I mean, where does all of these good ideas go on game day? It is almost like McVay prepares all week with who knows what strategy and then when he takes his pre-game shit, everything goes right down the toilet and he goes into paralysis mode, or so it seems.

Geez, how can McVay be this much of an airhead on game day?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a clue Genius Boy!

Also called "jumbo", "heavy", "full house" and other similar names, this formation is used exclusively in short-yardage situations, and especially near the goal line. This formation typically has no wide receivers, and often employs 3 tight ends and 2 running backs, or alternately 2 tight ends and 3 running backs. Often, a tight end or full back position is occupied by a player who normally plays offensive line or defensive line positions to act as an extra blocker. The Chicago Bears of the mid-1980s famously used defensive tackle William "The Refrigerator" Perry as a fullback in this formation. In most cases, it is exclusively a running formation, designed to score by brute force. Some teams have successfully used this formation for pass plays, most famously the New England Patriots, who used linebacker Mike Vrabel as a tight end to catch touchdown passes in both Super Bowl XXXVIII and Super Bowl XXXIX, two of ten completions – all for touchdowns – in fourteen such targets.

You can also throw and run out of this formation and it not necessarily has to be used near the goal line. Joe Gibbs with the Redskins utilized this formation and his version of it to set-up a run with the diesel (John Riggins) as the fullback and with two TEs during their snooperbowl appearances. Gibbs also effectively threw passes from this formation.

So, you are the genius boy, use it to add two TEs and two backs, say Gurley and Brown or Henderson. Since Gurley is a decent pass-catcher, you could derive a host of plays that would have defenses reeling. But noooo, you McVay want to use golden boy/bust boy Goff to throw it until he can't throw it anymore. This nonsense is so blatant, the whole mess is getting laughable.

Last edited: