• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams O

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade had to be modified as it violated league policy.

Rams are now sending a 6th rounder in 2022 and a 4th in 2023 for Michel.

That is too much for a 1 year rental.

Yeah that guy is an idiot. We’ve got 11 picks (now 10) in 2022 draft. 4 sixth round comps are projected and could very well get a comp pick for Sony. So now we will only have 3 sixth rounders in 2022. :L Hell 2023 we have a 1st rounder

You bitch about picking up good players in trades and you bitch about draft picks that are chosen.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade had to be modified as it violated league policy.

Rams are now sending a 6th rounder in 2022 and a 4th in 2023 for Michel.

That is too much for a 1 year rental.
The difference in getting an RB now as opposed to 8/31 when teams move to 53, is a huge difference. To pick up such a player off the wire would be to put all our eggs in one basket, and assure this waiver wire guy a spot on our 53 man roster. Meaning we would need to be at 52 in reality.

Sure Michel is likely a lock for the 53 man roster but we now have the Vet in training camp, and can get him up to speed in McVays system should he be the one to handle the bulk of carries Week 1. A contingency plan now needs to be in place should Darrell Henderson not be ready Week 1 on Sept 12 for one reason or another. 11 Calendar days is not a lot of time for a waiver wire guy to join the team, and take the majority of the snaps which could cost us Week 1 to the Bears. Losing that game when we will likely be favored by a TD is unacceptable specifically if the reason we lose is a failure to execute at RB. Imagine a missed assignment in pass pro that put Stafford's health in jeopardy? That is what you risk by dragging ass, risking your huge off season trade because you didn't use a freaking 4th round draft pick when you had the chance. We would crucify McSnead on these boards if that happened, and rightfully so!

Sure that would be worse case, but it's still big picture ALR! Big picture, just dropping Week 1 due to a lack of planning at the RB spot could end up costing us the Division. Every win, every loss counts especially in the NFC West, and we especially need to win the games at home where we are huge favorites.

Basically what I am saying, is you pick guys off the wire who are talented and can give you solid dept on your roster, not for guys you may need to carry the load at their position in Week 1. If you're in that spot you fill that need ASAP at all cost, and that is what the Rams did.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sony has great vision for hitting the hole, his timing and patience is elite.
Probably the two most important aspects of being a good running back, patience and vision. Give me those two traits anyday of the week, we seen a lot of busts try to outrun their blocks, Trung Candidate being one. Really? You don't want to get behind big O. You have to make sure your blockers get in position to make the play work.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that guy is an idiot. We’ve got 11 picks (now 10) in 2022 draft. 4 sixth round comps are projected and could very well get a comp pick for Sony. So now we will only have 3 sixth rounders in 2022. :L Hell 2023 we have a 1st rounder

You bitch about picking up good players in trades and you bitch about draft picks that are chosen.
So, you are ok with trading multiple picks for a RB with the same degenerative knee condition as Gurley, who is also just a 1 year rental?

plus, you act like this guy is Young AP or something.

please tell me what Michel can do that a CJ Anderson couldn’t do? And CJ doesn’t have injury history, wouldn’t coat draft picks and already knows the system.

it’s not that they traded the picks, it’s who they used them for- an injury prone RB with a degenerative knee issue on an expiring contract.

so, the Rams have an injury bug at RB and their solution was to trade for a RB with an injury history. What about that makes sense to you?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of speed, or juke moves Bunc, but I do like what I see!

Sony has great vision for hitting the hole, his timing and patience is elite.
Sony has some burst and good size. That with good vision can be lethal

Just stay healthy dammit!!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you are ok with trading multiple picks for a RB with the same degenerative knee condition as Gurley, who is also just a 1 year rental?

please tell me what Michel can do that a CJ Anderson couldn’t do? And CJ doesn’t have injury history, wouldn’t coat draft picks and already knows the system.

it’s not that they traded the picks, it’s who they used them for- an injury prone RB with a degenerative knee issue on an expiring contract.

so, the Rams have an injury bug at RB and their solution was to trade for a RB with an injury history. What about that makes sense to you?

a 6th in 2022 and a 4th in 2023? Are you kidding? I already told you we have 4 projected 6th rounders in 2022.

A young AP isn’t available. And you never answered me when I asked you who else would you want?

Sony is not CJ. 2 completely different backs. Sony is more like Cam. But Sony is probably the best RB we could find with lower valued draft picks. This guy was hurt last year (his 3rd year) and still played 9 games. :L his first 2 years he almost hit 1000 yards. This is year 4 so he’s still got some rubber on those tires

This is insurance behind Henderson. The injury bug bites sometimes. Let’s hope it doesn’t get worse. Nothing you can do besides try to find more talent and that’s not easy to do.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you both have legitimate points, ALR and SJ76. This guy is going to be an Akers clone not a bruiser and he does have a degenerative knee condition that may limit the Rams from extending this guy at the end of the year and that would be an essentially a one-year rental but if he helps us get to the snooperbowl and win it, then I am sure the rental would be worth the picks they gave up. One of you is going to be mostly right. We shall see how this plays out.

I am looking at a bigger issue that this exposes which is the double-talking going on between the dumbass brothers when they face the press. One promises one thing, the other another, and then before you know it, they do what they want. Also, the failure of McSnead to not address certain position groups in favor of a focus on others has become glaringly obvious but it has provided trade assets we may use to cover those weak areas we all know about. Bottom line, these two are hedging there bets .

In essence, the Rams have somewhat backed themselves into this corner (similar to the big contracts stranglehold on the club) by not selecting more than one O-lineman, RB, or Linebacker (inside) in the last three drafts outside of Akers, Anchrum, Edwards, Evans, OKO, Kiser, and now Garrett.

When they did draft an Edge, the guy was incredibly talented but has a huge injuries history issue. Garrett is one of the few Edge guys they drafted who is going to be a stud. We have not drafted a big, bruising RB or Middle Linebacker (inside) in the last three drafts.

So, as I mentioned in other posts, if a company or business does little stupid shit all of the time, eventually it will come back to bite them when they want success the most.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what the Hell? ShaneC!!! Ya plan on stickin around? If so, I am glad to have ya back on the Rams board!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are going to feel so dumb when the Rams win the Super Bowl this year.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da hell happened to Coug? What a wuss