• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams O

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people don't believe that McSnead have mismanaged the O-line, this article provides even more evidence. This is a growing story along with the lack of attention given to RBs and LBs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows the Rams need RBs. A third of the Rams' RBs are gonso in one capacity or another primarily injury-related. The writer of this article believes the Rams won't sign one even though they are scouring the waiver wire. Apparently the article indicates that the signing is not so much that the Rams Coaching Trust are not interested in Veteran RBs, but is more of a case of most NFL vet RB aren't interested in playing a limited role for a team just for a paycheck. Most NFL RB vets want to be THE guy which inhibits guys like Jones and Funk from major playing time.

Secondly, five weeks post-injury, Akers is walking on a treadmill and the Rams are hoping that he will return this season in a playing capacity. That hope is simply a recipe for disaster because historically, athletes who come back from an Achilles too early usually pay a long-term price that results in a second catastrophic injury that can the prematurely end the career of said athlete.

Knowing the attitudes of the dumbass twins, they will take Akers early return under the guise of "letting the athlete determine his physical healing progress" and whether he can comeback as before. That is a convenient stance taken by the dumbass twins as they are in a bind by their own refusal to address their roster problem areas in the recent drafts (failure to address the RBs, O-line, and LBs groups more consistently).

A better solution is to not rush Akers back no matter what progress he thinks he has and obtain younger, bigger RBs through available trades like sending John Daka back to the Jets for say RB Josh Adams. I don't know if they are considering this approach but it would help alleviate the bind they are now in and perhaps teach the dumbass twins a lesson they should already have addressed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions of durability are now re-surfacing. Henderson is already banged-up and we are just two weeks into the Preseason. If McSnead don't get off their collective snides and arrange for some signings through FAs or Trades, we will be forced to go to the Jumbo because we will not have enough healthy RBs. That is a little bit unsettling because I still think McVay does not know what the Jumbo Offense is.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wasn't kidding @SJ76! Guess who rushed for more yards last year, Frank Gore with the NY Jets or Cam Akers with the LA Rams?

FG - 187/653
CA - 145/625.

Sure the young stud Cam has a better YPC stat but the 37 y/o Gore had 32 1st downs to Akers 26.

So he can still hold his own, and could be our 5'9" 212 lbs bowling ball RB, even at 38.

Frank does have the longest NFL streak ever of +500 yard seasons (16*) ahead of Walter Payton (13) and Emmitt Smith (13)

*Active streak

Hell, I don't think Gore would be anything more than a stop gap until Cam comes back, but I do think he would bring a lot to a team like ours.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wasn't kidding @SJ76! Guess who rushed for more yards last year, Frank Gore with the NY Jets or Cam Akers with the LA Rams?

FG - 187/653
CA - 145/625.

Sure the young stud Cam has a better YPC stat but the 37 y/o Gore had 32 1st downs to Akers 26.

So he can still hold his own, and could be our 5'9" 212 lbs bowling ball RB, even at 38.

Frank does have the longest NFL streak ever of +500 yard seasons (16*) ahead of Walter Payton (13) and Emmitt Smith (13*)

*Active streaks

Hell, I don't think Gore would be anything more than a stop gap until Cam comes back, but I do think he would bring a lot to a team like ours.

We may not have a choice. Leveon Bell is interesting too.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people don't believe that McSnead have mismanaged the O-line, this article provides even more evidence. This is a growing story along with the lack of attention given to RBs and LBs.

i read that article and it hit the nail on the head... McSneed needs to wake up or this can become a major problem easily. We didn't pull the trigger on Stafford to have him sitting on his ass and these 2 dumbasses seem to forget that.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe we are all in agreeance that we need a veteran RB presence... trainiing the youngins is necessary but the Rams need to win games, we need the 230 lb bruiser that's out there to move the chains.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Jermaine and I believe he is available in a neat and fit trade straight-up with the Jets. John Daka for Josh Adams. The Jets are interested in Daka because he was there previously and since their number one LB/Edge Lawson went down with a season-ending knee injury, they have been calling the Rams about the availability of Daka. Adams is 6'2 about 230lbs back-up RB just the type of back we need and to date, the dumbass twins have done nothing.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe we are all in agreeance that we need a veteran RB presence... trainiing the youngins is necessary but the Rams need to win games, we need the 230 lb bruiser that's out there to move the chains.
As the ole saying goes @Jermaine133....

"Don't bitch if you can't pitch"

Frank Gore has moved the chains 893 times, who you got that's better at 230lbs?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Gore at 37 is pretty damn tough and he still puts-up good numbers. He is C.J.Anderson 2.0. McSnead are just plain stupid not to move to pick this guy up if they aren't willing to move Daka for Adams as has been suggested by a number of sports pundits. You have to wonder what McSnead are thinking when they do stupid shit like this and also to cut TE Markway to bring back a second punter in Borjorquez from being sick. I really am beginning to wonder about the dumbass twins when it comes to personnel decisions these days.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I stand corrected as Ramblinfan has an article that clarifies that Markway was sent packing as a no-return player meaning he is done with the Rams. Also, Bojorquez may be a factor in the final punter decision as he can also be used in a trade. So I guess this is a good move. Question is can he throw a football like Hekker?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody expected us to have the number one defense last year, and everyone is expecting our defense to be worst because of JJ3, Brockers and Staley leaving. But I feel better this year about the defense, JJ3 can be replaced, Brockers too. But it finally feels like we starting to have some good depth, thanks to good drafting, other than offensive lineman. McVay had to rebuild the roster, now we finally have starters and depth. Our secondary should be just as goo, Fuller, Burgess, Rapp and Scott are a nice safety group, we have an elite corner group in Ramsey and Williams, Rochell and Long.

Defensive line will be better than last year, Aaron Donald is getting older but has some good help on the defensive line this year. Sebastian Day is my pick from breakout year player, he just destroyed a blocking sled in practice, lol. He was making plays coming off the bench last year and was our number one defender versus the run, he is wreck offenses this year. A'Shawn Robinson came into camp in tremendous shape and is just starting to enter his prime. You have to love Bobby Brown's potential.

Linebacker position seems to finally seems to ave more answers than questions. We know what Floyd brings to the table, Hollins, Lawler and Garrett have been killing it in the preseason and practice. Ogbo and Lewis are just questionable because of health. Rookie Ernest Jones has been put in a leadership situation and one of the best tacklers on the team. Before injuries depleted this unit and lack of depth, this unit has been addressed the most and should improve the most.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I stand corrected as Ramblinfan has an article that clarifies that Markway was sent packing as a no-return player meaning he is done with the Rams. Also, Bojorquez may be a factor in the final punter decision as he can also be used in a trade. So I guess this is a good move. Question is can he throw a football like Hekker?

Just a matter of when, when Hekker leaves for the Cowboys.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the ole saying goes @Jermaine133....

"Don't bitch if you can't pitch"

Frank Gore has moved the chains 893 times, who you got that's better at 230lbs?
.....dude, i don't have an issue with Frank Gore if he's available then yes, i'd love to bring him in. I don't have the latest update but figured he was still in the jets plans. At this point any good back over 205 will do because we don't have "him" on the roster.