• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams film room -- Must watch!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I liked the guy when we signed him. I think most of you did too. That said, I've been done with this cat for a long time now and it's obvious the only reason we've hung on to him this long is we are in to him $$$$ too much.

Yeah I loved his speed. But watching him block or try to catch is all I need to see now. Plus the guy really doesn't seem to gel in our offense with ANY of the 4-5 QBs we've put on the field in the last 2-3 years.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really sad too, both Cook and Kendricks, with the time that they have been with St Louis, you would of thought both would have made progress to this point and this position would be solid enough.

Instead, we are looking for one if not two TE's as starters in the two TE sets.

Actually Kendricks is the blocking TE and has done well enough in the past. I just hoped he would of had more success on some of the targets that he has seen this year.

In past years he's done well enough on targets, since he was in fact the 'blocking TE' on the roster.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent breakdown. I'm so over Jared Cook and his crippling drops.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty much done with Cook since he shoved Davis on the sideline after HE dropped a TD pass last season... Since that time, he's done nothing to make me think twice about my opinion.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been too impressed with Tim Barnes in the past but he did a really good job blocking on a few of these plays. Its seems like the whole team is blocking because they know Gurley can find space.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been too impressed with Tim Barnes in the past but he did a really good job blocking on a few of these plays. Its seems like the whole team is blocking because they know Gurley can find space.

It's gotta be a motivator Clayton. Now I'm hoping the same cause and effect happens to our WR corp.

If opposing teams go to putting 8 maybe 9 at times in the box, the WR's and Foles should have some success. That is of course the O line can give them time to hook up on those mid range crossing patterns and even going deep!

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been too impressed with Tim Barnes in the past but he did a really good job blocking on a few of these plays
Just watched the video, and you are right! On a lot of these, Timmy get off an initial block after the snap, gets off his block and moves to the next level pretty damned good!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like the way Foles throws the ball and his overall gutsy, aggressiveness. If you watch his TD pass to Britt, he had time, he throws mechanically sound, and he throws a pinpoint pass, at least as of yesterday. I stated from the beginning. This guy is going to be a damn good QB if the O-line continues to develop and he gets time to throw.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like the way Foles throws the ball and his overall gutsy, aggressiveness. If you watch his TD pass to Britt, he had time, he throws mechanically sound, and he throws a pinpoint pass, at least as of yesterday. I stated from the beginning. This guy is going to be a damn good QB if the O-line continues to develop and he gets time to throw.
The big thing with Foles is that he needs time. When he is comfortable throwing the ball, he does really well and when things break down he is pretty terrible. Gurley getting 160yds a game should be the best thing to ever happen to Foles. Teams will probably stop blitzing Foles all of the time and instead employ the Steven Jackson defense and dare Foles to throw deep.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The big thing with Foles is that he needs time. When he is comfortable throwing the ball, he does really well and when things break down he is pretty terrible. Gurley getting 160yds a game should be the best thing to ever happen to Foles. Teams will probably stop blitzing Foles all of the time and instead employ the Steven Jackson defense and dare Foles to throw deep.

When Foles was under pressure, he only managed to complete 42.9 percent of his passes; when he had a clean pocket to work from, that rose to 75.0 percent and 141 yards.
You couldn't have said it better Clayton!

I was looking for this post from Snake Eyes from earlier today in another thread to post in reply to RR.

Man the Offensive Line is getting it with Gurley, now Cignetti & Boudreau need to show the Offensive line not only these stats, but put together tape that reflects these stats.

Hopefully light bulbs start going off in their heads like the ones that have been going off seeing Gurley getting his each week!!!