• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Shane Waldron is gone... We are losing a CRAZY amount of coaches and front office personnel this offseason.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you think about it. If you want to beat a QB like Mahomes it will be hard to do it from the pocket. The NFL is changing.

We’ve got the secondary and Dline to beat Mahomey. We need that thumper at ILB to help us stop the run.

and yeah like Snead said our offense has to be better than 18th in the NFL

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Shane Waldron is gone... We are losing a CRAZY amount of coaches and front office personnel this offseason.

The craze over getting coaches under Mcvay tells you something. Now we just need him to call a balance game consistently but overall the guy is doing a good job.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the base cultural approach that Sean McVay is and has developed has affected the rest of the league. There is a running joke in the NFL among owners and FOs that if a particular team wants a great and quality coach, front office personnel manager, or player development, you go to the mecca and you hire anyone and anybody who has had contact with Sean McVay. Teams are seeing the value of the cultural mentality McVay brings to the NFL and the game of football in terms of long-term success in all facets of the professional game. So, apparently the new model for success from players to coaching staff to front office personnel, is you go get somebody from Sean McVay's staff. What-do-you-know?

Here is a list of people who have come and gone in the last two years. The overwhelming majority are hired by other NFL clubs:

Matt Lafleur-HC, Green Bay Packers
Zac Taylor- HC, Cincinnati Bengals
Brandon Staley, HC, LA Chargers
Joe Barry, Assistant Coach, LA Chargers
Aubrey Pleasant, Assistant DC, Detroit Lions
Shane Waldron, OC, Seattle Seahawks- Damn Traitor
Liam Coen, Kentucky Wildcats, OC
Brad Holmes, Director, Personnel Development and College Scouting, Detroit Lions
Ray Agnew, Assistant Personnel Development and College Scouting, Detroit Lions
John Fassel, Special Teams Coach, Dallas Cowboys
Thomas Jones, don't know where this guy went
Skip Peete, same as Thomas Jones

If you suck like Bonemago, you are fired.

Coaches that come from other systems seem to thrive in the McSnead culture and everyone expects the same will happen to Morris. But if he sucks, he'll be gone within a year. Apparently, McSnead do not let losing fester for very long if at all with the Rams.

Here are two important side notes. McVay has the opportunity to block a coach's or executive's hire if either is taking a lateral move with the new team like he did with O'Connell. If the said coach or exec is getting a promotion with the new team, McVay can't block the move like with Staley. If the coach or exec moving to a new team is a minority, the original team will get a comp draft pick for two consecutive drafts after the comp picks for FA players each year are assigned. So we will get a comp pick this year and next for Pleasant, Holmes, and Agnew. Peete and Jones have already been completed.

So it is very safe to state that we will be stuck with McSnead into the foreseeable future as I am quite sure the Limp Biscuit knows what he has and he isn't going to let McVay go anytime soon

Now if we can just get McVay to learn to delegate and adjust away from his stiffy strategies of passing at all costs and go with the Jumbo more and stop being a buddy to his players and former coaching friends we may indeed have a perennial winner like say a Belicheat has in New England.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three rumors continue to persist: One, McSnead is looking to move on from Goff. Potential scenarios: Traded to the Lions for Matthew Stafford and a number three (since we are going to have like five of them this year); Two, the Rams are not going to be a destination for QB Watson; We don't have the assets to compete; Three, this new QB Devlin Hodges is a clone of Wolford. 6'1, 209lbs and he was a prolific passer and scrambler at Samford University. Perhaps another steal? Maybe.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even after I mentioned that the Rams are not going to be a destination for Watson, this article from Ramswire gives us 9 options at the QB position if and when Goff is traded (I believe it will happen) and Watson is one of the scenarios. Goff is pretty much done as a Ram, but the Rams are not going to cut him outright because of the dead cap money would just kill us until like 2024. Many of these options are very viable and I really like the notion that Darnold is an option that would really help the Rams especially in the now legendary cultural system known as McSNead. Darnold is from LA (went to school at USC), has a year of NFL experience, is a big mobile QB, and he would do quite well in McVay's offense. I also like the Trask kid from Florida.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there is no NFL Combine this year due to Goodell's falling to the politicization of Covid, the Senior Bowl this Saturday is going to be the Combine for everyone. And because the Rams like to see the draftable players in actual competition against their peers (like last year when the Rams didn't go to the combine and that is how we got Noteboom), this Saturday will have the McSnead juggernaut watching.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, Goff's production and on-the-field performance has declined in two years since the snooperbowl. Many contest that his night life, especially the night before games, has increased contributing to that decline. Other contributing aggravating factors include the play of his offensive line as well as the overall play-calling by his HC. Something has changed with Jared Goff and only he can attest to what he plans to do about all of this if anything.

He doesn't have much time as he knows the relationship with McVay has also changed to the point of being irreparable. Perhaps, he has thrown in the towel as far as the Rams are concerned and has conceded that he indeed will be traded. The last time we saw this scenario under the McSnead era was with Todd Gurley and Brandon Cooks who both are gone. I suspect the same will occur with Jared Goff before the opening of the 2021 Training Camp in July.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be nice to see McVay get a quarterback he wants and design plays based on thd quarterback's ability .

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even after I mentioned that the Rams are not going to be a destination for Watson, this article from Ramswire gives us 9 options at the QB position if and when Goff is traded (I believe it will happen) and Watson is one of the scenarios. Goff is pretty much done as a Ram, but the Rams are not going to cut him outright because of the dead cap money would just kill us until like 2024. Many of these options are very viable and I really like the notion that Darnold is an option that would really help the Rams especially in the now legendary cultural system known as McSNead. Darnold is from LA (went to school at USC), has a year of NFL experience, is a big mobile QB, and he would do quite well in McVay's offense. I also like the Trask kid from Florida.

Sorry Retro, No thank you to Darnold, in 3 years the guys has done nothing, throws about as many TDs as Int, doesnt throw for a high completion rate, just dont think hes that good and is not our answer!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Retro, No thank you to Darnold, in 3 years the guys has done nothing, throws about as many TDs as Int, doesnt throw for a high completion rate, just dont think hes that good and is not our answer!
If the Jets cut him and he came cheap, he’d be an okay backup possibly. Sometimes, guys just need a change of scenery to thrive.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are looking at a possible trade for Stafford? What would we give up?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where’s Vita? Maybe he can block the trade lol

That’s too many picks for Stafford but my guess is they are just trying to move Goff and that contract. Should open things as far as cash.

but the dude whoever ok’d that Goff contact 1 year early needs to be traded too

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really don’t plan on having 1st round picks ever, huh?

two firsts, a third and a young QB who has won 3 PO games and been to a SB for an old QB that’s never won a playoff game.

that makes total sense in Rams world.

they way overpaid yet again

Last edited: