• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA, I believe Higbee is legit and only his live performance on the field in the preseason and the regular season are the last remaining question marks. We might have several players in this year's draft that were steals. This kid, Cooper, and Thomas are the logical choices.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is yet another unfortunate example of what happens to 78% of Pro Sports athletes. They don't know how to say no to manage their millions and they end up out of football and flat broke. Sad indeed.

NFL player Trent Richardson’s family blew $1.6 million of his money in less than a year
That's one of those things that's sad but I can't really feel too much empathy for them since a lot of people won't even come close to seeing that amount of money in a lifetime. I always thought that they had classes or seminars for rookies to help them know how to manage their money so they could prevent these types of things from happening as often as they do. That's why these guys need to always have a backup plan in case things don't work out for whatever reason.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do UVA. The NFL now requires all rooks to attend a week long seminar-type introduction to the NFL where ex-players who had this occur to them come in and speak. It apparently does little to stem the tide of this nonsense. Dumbasses still go out and do stupid stuff like Steadman Bailey and this Richardson dolt.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do UVA. The NFL now requires all rooks to attend a week long seminar-type introduction to the NFL where ex-players who had this occur to them come in and speak. It apparently does little to stem the tide of this nonsense. Dumbasses still go out and do stupid stuff like Steadman Bailey and this Richardson dolt.

A seminar isn't enough...If the NFL REALLY wants to help these guys, they should appoint each one an independant financial expert(of course many could represent multiple guys). If they get ripped off by that expert, the league is responsibile...The expert would represent the player but paid by the NFL...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A seminar isn't enough...If the NFL REALLY wants to help these guys, they should appoint each one an independant financial expert(of course many could represent multiple guys). If they get ripped off by that expert, the league is responsibile...The expert would represent the player but paid by the NFL...
I don't think that it should be up to the NFL, that should be something the players agent should be doing.

That's what I was thinking and where Cris Carter acted like a complete idiot a year or two ago. I'm assuming that these guys think that now that they're in the NFL, that they're going to be making the big bucks and that money is going to keep rolling on in for years and years because they feel invincible and that it'll never happen to them. The first guy that comes to mind when I think about stuff like this is Andre Rison and how he went completely bankrupt if memory serves.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that it should be up to the NFL, that should be something the players agent should be doing.

That's what I was thinking and where Cris Carter acted like a complete idiot a year or two ago. I'm assuming that these guys think that now that they're in the NFL, that they're going to be making the big bucks and that money is going to keep rolling on in for years and years because they feel invincible and that it'll never happen to them. The first guy that comes to mind when I think about stuff like this is Andre Rison and how he went completely bankrupt if memory serves.

Not sure I trust the agents these days...Do they work for the player or themselves? Guess it depends on the agent...Rather have someone impartial do it...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I trust the agents these days...Do they work for the player or themselves? Guess it depends on the agent...Rather have someone impartial do it...
I believe they work for both themselves and the player. They need to keep their client happy or else risk losing them to another agency. And if you lose someone to another company, it makes them and the company look bad and thus, less people will want to work with them.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they work for both themselves and the player. They need to keep their client happy or else risk losing them to another agency. And if you lose someone to another company, it makes them and the company look bad and thus, less people will want to work with them.

I hear ya...But if you had a financial expert not attached to the player or the agent, but the league instead, it would prob be best for all(long term)...The player likely wouldn't end up ripped off or broke and if they were, they'd have someone to sue(the NFL itself)...Agents and agencies can come and go, but the NFL is the stable force in the middle of it all...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is struggling and Gaines has not returned to his pre-injury play. Joyner has surpassed him along with Jordon. He may even get cut at this juncture after his return.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Colin Kapernick is back in the news! :L
I cant wait until week 1 on Monday Night! Lets all hope Greg Williams goes back to his ole ways and puts out a BOUNTY on this ass hole!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams cuts to 75:

QB Dylan Thompson
WR Marquez North
WR David Richards
TE Benson Browne
TE Jake Stoneburner
FB Zach Laskey
C Brian Folkerts
OL Jordan Swindle

DT Zach Colvin
LB-DE Quinton Coples
LB Darreon Henning
DB Mike Caputo

LS Jeff Overbaugh
K Taylor Bertolet

All expected other than maybe Coples, although he wasn't impressive at all. Worth a shot, but the younger guys clearly outplayed him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coples didn't really impress especially when we have Seau and Longacre. Methinks Coples career is done unless he comes back later after the dust settles during injury season.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coples makes it through the first cut if he didn't have that $6.5M contract, only his signing bonus was guaranteed.

Just not worth his projected salary. Pretty sure he will sign on with someone else at a very reduced contract amount.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPOILER ALERT!

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seau was a mistake as was the Fox cut. Maybe both will clear waivers and end up on the practice squad.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Queen Sam B traded to the Vikes, sounds like someone here will be changing favorite teams again.