• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something ya can't really coach or teach and McShit-fer-Brains wants his RBs to have more vision and creativity. LOL, WTH?? It's called great vision for RBs. Look at post 10330 above posted by ALR. Look at how many options Akers has for a big gain but this play went for 3 yards. Literally, the guy that had the best of it McShit-fer-Brains and Snead let walk and that was Michel. Brown has some of it. Henderson is lacking a bit. What we need is a new infusion of young new talent.

BTW, who are the scouts who are finding our draft picks over the last three drafts?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Cam Akers has left the team for "personal reasons"...
Strange.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I really think Akers career is done. I think he has been having trouble mentally which is effectively disrupting his physicality and his post-operative prognoses has been kept secret but it is obvious he is not the same player as the one before the Achilles rupture.

I am pretty sure, the Rams will put him on the PUP list for a while and eventually he'll retire. Looks like Skowronek is going to get a lot more work as a RB.

The Rams will now have to find more RB help other than what they have. I hope they don't go poach Funk back form New Orleans. Another player coming back from injury who is not the same as when he was drafted and he wasn't that good when they drafted him.

My suspicion is the Rams will activate Ronny Rivers simply because they need bodies but he is def not the answer. Maybe the Rams will now go after Kareem Hunt or D'Ernest Johnson from Cleveland.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams are beginning to sense that the Superbowl team may be dismantling itself with retirements, career-ending injuries, and exodus of players looking for bigger money. If things go south this year, AD may be the next one to leave via retirement. If that is the case and the D-line is next on the agenda behind the O-line and RB's situations, maybe the Rams should start mini-rebuilding and the Burns OLB is a good place to start. Floyd may be on his last go-around this year and the Rams be thinking of moving him at the end of his contract which I believe is after this season. So time to begin looking for the next stud DT. Potential stud DE Bobby Brown returns after the Bye Week. maybe he will breath some new energy into the defense.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something ya can't really coach or teach and McShit-fer-Brains wants his RBs to have more vision and creativity. LOL, WTH?? It's called great vision for RBs. Look at post 10330 above posted by ALR. Look at how many options Akers has for a big gain but this play went for 3 yards. Literally, the guy that had the best of it McShit-fer-Brains and Snead let walk and that was Michel. Brown has some of it. Henderson is lacking a bit. What we need is a new infusion of young new talent.

BTW, who are the scouts who are finding our draft picks over the last three drafts?

Our director of scouting left for Detroit, and the last 2 drafts by both organizations show where the scouting talent went.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update.

You know the biggest thing from that article?

McVay has given Akers 151 Carrie’s when he is averaging a paltry 3 ypc.

McVay has given Henderson 34 carries when he is averaging 4.1 ypc.

That, folks, is the very definition of insanity.

And, I’m sorry, but you can no longer be called an offensive genius when you allow that game planning to happen. There is absolutely no excuse for that blatant stupidity.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, at least now we know the kind of money OBJ is looking for.

Don’t know how the Rams afford that when they are wasting 15.5M on Robinson. Should’ve saved that money and offered it to OBJ who is light years better than Robinson at this point in their careers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep ALR, Akers is done as a Rams player. It will be interesting to see who we get in return. An Akers and Robinson for Burns and Corbett would be dynamite.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams do a salary dump like with Akers and they move a Robinson and Rapp or one of our young DBs and bring back a Burns and Corbett, we then may be able to afford OBJ. Otherwise he will be headed to the Bills, Geeants, or Packers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, low-balling OBJ is only going to piss him off to the point he doesn’t want to come back.

If he's expecting the Bills to pony up, he's going to be disappointed. I think he's only using the Bills, Ravens, etc as leverage on the Rams, but as the losses grow, who knows.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree ALR. They gave Robinson way too much money and I don't know if there is a cut-clause in his contract once the season starts. They may have screwed themselves.

The ideal would be to release Robinson and take that money to pay OBJ but I am sure there would be dead money to pay, just when we got out from under a host of dead money contracts.
Can't cut Robinson until after the 2023 season, way too much dead money. After 2023, only $8.4M in dead money.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, at least now we know the kind of money OBJ is looking for.

Don’t know how the Rams afford that when they are wasting 15.5M on Robinson. Should’ve saved that money and offered it to OBJ who is light years better than Robinson at this point in their careers.

There is the little problem of availability and health with OBJ. Gallup-type money with about half that in the first season might make sense. Not going to pay him for games he can't play (and neither is anyone else).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson saved his job on Sunday with some nice catches and he was a contributing factor in the offense with quite a few targets. No trade or cutting now. Maybe the article is right. Perhaps Robinson finally turned a corner on Sunday.

The Rams signed a real old OT that was with them when they were in St Louis. Stupid signing. Dude is 36-years old but is probably back-up. It is stupid because there sits Darryl Williams, 6'6 330lb OT-OC sitting on the Jaguars PS. They could easily poach him and they could use him as back-up with a very young OT rather than one whose career is just about done.

The Rams should try to find a trading partner for Akers and here are four guys the Rams should choose from like yesterday. Shoot, Meinerz is even on the this list. My choices would be Burns, Uche, Meinerz and D'Ernest Johnson.