• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a problem with AD wanting a new contract already when he still has 3 years left on his current deal. It’s not like he is on the last year.

Also, as the article points out, he got the bulk of his pay already and the rest of his contract is team friendly, thus why AD wants a new contract because he already took a big chunk of his 6 year contract.

I also have a problem with Kupp wanting a new deal when he just started playing under his new deal last season.

What do these players think? That the Rams can pay everyone too if the market money and still field a contender or worse, be in cap he’ll for years after said players are no longer around?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just ended the last go around of cap hell with the Gurley, Goff, and Cooks but we are about at $2-$4 million of cap space and we still have Beckham and all the rooks to sign. Spotrac has the exact numbers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you come to an invite to the Rams these days, you'd better bring your max stuff especially if you play along the D-line with all of our stalwarts. Otherwise, you get shown the door ASAP. The second UDFA to be cut.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more long-time PS players were cut. Hawkins and Brooks shown the door. I am sure if there are injuries and these two are available they'll be re-signed. Lance McCutcheon, a WR is added.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there are whispers AD might retire if he doesn't get a new deal. I say, well go ahead already. The Rams need to begin to think about things without him. He can always unretire like Whitworth has been talking about lately.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when these overpaid numbnuts start chirping for a new contract and the first thing out of their stupid mouths is: "It isn't about the money". REALLY? Well if that is the case, then play for FREE!! Same stupid story from the same stupid athletes.

This article is laughable. Sure its a business and if it surely is, then honor your present contract you just recently signed. Everyone wants to win another SB, but money is limited in all sports and if you can't live with that then retire.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of the same twisted and foggy lack-of-integrity thinking that is beginning to define AD which has spilled-over into Cooper Kupp now thinking the same way.

Seriously, if AD set a limit of 8 years to define his playing career, then retire. Granted he is honoring his teammates with an amendment to that self-promise but if he doesn't get his way, I am sure he will retire and may be during the season. How hard is he going to play if he doesn't get a new deal knowing that he is "at peace" with his career. Sounds to me like he is moving down that avenue of "no return".

And that is fine. We won't have the number one Defensive player on Defense anymore but I am sure the Rams can find another one like him. We thought the world was coming to an end when Deacon Jones left back-in-the-day and then Merlin retired. It is inevitable. Father time is undefeated.

Maybe he should call it a career and the let the Rams move on to the next "AD". Seriously.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of the same twisted and foggy lack-of-integrity thinking that is beginning to define AD which has spilled-over into Cooper Kupp now thinking the same way.

Seriously, if AD set a limit of 8 years to being playing then retire. Granted he is honoring his teammates with an amendment to that self-promise but if he doesn't get his way, I am sure he will retire and may be during the season. How hard is he going to play if he doesn't get a new deal knowing that he is "at peace" with his career. Sounds to me like he is moving down that avenue of "no return".

And that is fine. We won't have the number one Defensive player on Defense anymore but I am sure the Rams can find another one like him. We thought the world was coming to an end when Deacon Jones left back-in-the-day and then Merlin retired. It is inevitable. Father time is undefeated.

Maybe he should call it a career and the let the Rams move on to the next "AD". Seriously.

Maybe the Rams should try and trade him to a team willing to pay him his ridiculous demands.

Rather than eat the dead cap money from his current contract, they can get some picks instead. Clearly he is about the money and not just wanting to retire. So, let some other team pay him 30M per and move on to guys that actually want to play for the team and help the team win.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in agreement with you ALR at this point. The Rams did this with Brockers at about this stage in his career. The Rams would do themselves a favor to get say a First (maybe two) and a couple of Seconds for AD. But because McShit-fer-brains do not believe in the First or Second Rounds (even though AD was selected in the First by Drama Queen), trading AD will probably only net us a 6th rounder and it'll be two or three years from now, just like Brockers.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams do extend Donald, and he gets his 30M per yr that he wants, you can wave goodbye to Greg Gaines after this season.

The Rams are already in cap hell for the 2023 season, to extend Donald to his asking price means the Rams won’t be able to keep Gaines.

Yet another young stud that the Rams spent time developing will be lost to FA because players want to be greedy.

These guys talk about wanting to be in a winning team, to win the SB, etc, but forget it takes 53 guys to do it, and that takes money. And if you are going to suck up a HUGE chunk of the salary cap on just a few players, the rest of the team ends up being subpar.

As much as I can’t stand Brady, I at least respect him for the fact he understands it’s about the team in order to be successful, and he never reset the market for QB pay even though he could have many times over. He always took less so the Pats to build a better team around him, or keep other star players vs losing them in FA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a problem with AD wanting a new contract already when he still has 3 years left on his current deal. It’s not like he is on the last year.

Also, as the article points out, he got the bulk of his pay already and the rest of his contract is team friendly, thus why AD wants a new contract because he already took a big chunk of his 6 year contract.

I also have a problem with Kupp wanting a new deal when he just started playing under his new deal last season.

What do these players think? That the Rams can pay everyone too if the market money and still field a contender or worse, be in cap he’ll for years after said players are no longer around?

A Kupp restructure is potentially needed to absorb any cap hit for AD and/or re-signing OBJ.

That is an interesting point RE: Donald though. His average annual salary is $22.5M, not the $14M number that is being tossed around. Taking an advance on your paycheck doesn't change your annual salary lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same reason we wasted a 2nd Rounder on the Little Turd, 2.0. The obsession with speed I suppose. McDumbshits got a stiffy for 2.0 the same way the Drama Queen went after The Little Turd 1.0. The Second will be a bust just like the first one was/is.