• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is yet another example of how McVay's loyalty gets in the way of better business sense. The Rams passed on WR John Ross, the fastest player in the NFL in favor of an oft-injured, aging DeSean Jackson. Ya got ask the question: What the hell for? The only logical reasons are they waited too long to sign Ross and McVay's loyalty got in the way. That is my answer.

They are doing the same with Adoree Jackson. Now in this case it may be a matter of money and cap hell problems but have they contacted the dude and brought him in to give him a "we-want-you-bad" treatment? IDK.

If you're going to condemn Jackson for his injury history, Ross shouldn't be on the radar either. 20 games started in 4 years and a 41% catch percentage.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why they didn't sign Ross. he is younger than Jackson, and both have injury histories.

Ross would've made more sense, and possibly been cheaper. I bet DJ's contract is for more than Ross'.
41% catch percentage when he IS healthy doesn't help. The Raiders should've signed him, lol.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Rams and receiver DeSean Jackson agreed to a one-year deal that was initially reported on Sunday. Jackson signed his contract Thursday, Garafolo reported, and it's for a $4.5 million base value with incentives that can take it up to $6.25 million

Told you all Jackson’s contract would be more than Ross. This is why you sign Ross over Jackson. They paid twice as much to get Jackson than it would’ve cost to sign Ross.

that is stupid for a team in cap hell.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Rams and receiver DeSean Jackson agreed to a one-year deal that was initially reported on Sunday. Jackson signed his contract Thursday, Garafolo reported, and it's for a $4.5 million base value with incentives that can take it up to $6.25 million

Told you all Jackson’s contract would be more than Ross. This is why you sign Ross over Jackson. They paid twice as much to get Jackson than it would’ve cost to sign Ross.

that is stupid for a team in cap hell.

Ross signed a week ago, was no longer available. Jackson has NEVER had a season with a catch percentage as low as Ross' career numbers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually a lot of the pundits have a real problem with the Rams brain-trust for signing Floyd for so much money more than the Jackson/Ross debate.

These same folks believe that the Rams really made a mistake letting Johnson walk and they also are substantiating that belief by stating that the Rams could have signed Floyd for much less and with the savings and all of the re-structures could have easily covered Johnson and Floyd's re-signings.

Only time will tell on this one.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually a lot of the pundits have a real problem with the Rams brain-trust for signing Floyd for so much money more than the Jackson/Ross debate.

These same folks believe that the Rams really made a mistake letting Johnson walk and they also are substantiating that belief by stating that the Rams could have signed Floyd for much less and with the savings and all of the re-structures could have easily covered Johnson and Floyd's re-signings.

Only time will tell on this one.
if that is indeed the case it wouldn't come as a surprise, but this season will tell if there is significant drop off or if our braintrust had yet another brain fart.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so he basically signed for 1 mil and we couldn't match that??? So is the plan to go with a 38 yr old LT (Whitt), RT (havenstein) OG (Corbett), ? at Center and ? at G?... I'm not understanding the logic.
Better to not have him and the Rams finally address the C position in the draft than to keep playing below average OL.

there is a reason it took so long for him to get signed and only got 1M.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to not have him and the Rams finally address the C position in the draft than to keep playing below average OL.

there is a reason it took so long for him to get signed and only got 1M.

This right here. And maybe the Olineman we drafted from Clemson last year plays center? Who knows

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so he basically signed for 1 mil and we couldn't match that??? So is the plan to go with a 38 yr old LT (Whitt), RT (havenstein) OG (Corbett), ? at Center and ? at G?... I'm not understanding the logic.

If they don't get someone that can start at center immediately, they can go with Allen or slide Corbett to center. Two of Noteboom, Anchrum, and Edwards would fill out the OG pending the draft if Corbett moves to the middle.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all about BPA. But with the combinations we have on the Oline just leads me to believe we take a ILB in round 2. Unless that DB or Center is there that we can’t pass up. I actually like 3 FSU players this year... I know major homer but 2 of them are extremely underrated and would be great additions to the Rams.

DT M Wilson
WR T Terry

DB Asante Samuel Jr I just don’t know if he’s 2nd round talent. His dad was obviously HOF talent but you never know.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Shoopla draft starts Monday. I did the simulator a bit.. this is what I came up with trading down once

0BAEE1F2-D2E1-455C-ADDA-0A19D8A96E0D.png

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like if the Rams trade back a few times there is still a lot of talent there. If they can’t get there guy (starter) with that #57 pick then I will assume they trade it and get more picks. This draft is pretty deep for LB and OT