• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for all you fantasy football guys.

I have the 1st pick in my dynasty league with a chance to draft Akers ( who I think will be the guy ).

I need RB help ( as evidenced by having the 1st pick ).

I’ve been offered Derrick Henry, his 1.8 and 2.8 for my 1.1, 2.1 and 4.1

Henry is proven, but he is one-dimensional, not proving much in the passing game. And, I would be passing on Akers if I do this trade.

would you guys do the trade or stay put and take Akers?
Akers is my vote

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh crap.... Jamal Adams was just traded to the Seahawks... :gaah:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t like the Rams giving up (2) 1st’s for Ramsey, but given the way the off-season went with no pro-days, etc, and the uncertainty of CF this year and draft next year, that trade may look more like a fleecing when all is said and done.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t like the Rams giving up (2) 1st’s for Ramsey, but given the way the off-season went with no pro-days, etc, and the uncertainty of CF this year and draft next year, that trade may look more like a fleecing when all is said and done.

Agreed... Many people don't realize that even if we lose Ramsay to free agency we still end up with 2 first rounders as compensation.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All nine draft picks have signed their rook contracts. Now we have to wait and see if the NFL plays any preseason games or not or they just go to camp at the end of August and then start the regular season on time. The NFL is watching how Baseball and the NBA handle this virus nonsense. I suspect they will go ahead with the season on time because everyone is losing money if they don't.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of the 25th of July, these players were waived: WR Greg Dortch, DB Jake Gervase, C Nate Trewyn, TE Ethan Wolf.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler Brewer opts out of 2020 season, two rookies added to Reserve/COVID-19 list
The Los Angeles Rams have placed offensive tackle Chandler Brewer on the Reserve/Opt-Out list under the "Higher Risk" opt-out category. Additionally, the club has also placed rookie defensive tackle Michael Hoecht and rookie linebacker Terrell Lewis on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.

"With my history with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, I am at high risk and will opt out of playing in the NFL this season," Brewer said. "I would like to thank the Rams for their support and I look forward to getting back on the field in 2021 and beyond."

"Chandler is a promising player in this league and we fully support his decision," Rams General Manager Les Snead said. "He has fought through adversity before and we look forward to him being back on the field with us next year."

The Reserve/COVID-19 list was created for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been quarantined after having been in close contact with an infected person or persons. Clubs are required to place players who fall into either of these categories on this new reserve list. Due to agreed upon NFL-NFLPA policy, teams are prohibited from commenting on a player's medical status other than referring to their roster status. This includes disclosing whether a player is in quarantine or is positive for COVID-19.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Lewis is on this list. Maybe he wants to sit out a season just to heal-up all of the injury issues he would have brought to camp from college. Hoecht probably was not going to make the final roster so this way he gets paid for sitting at home. But the vaunted stud steal of the draft Lewis has faded into oblivion for now.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Lewis is on this list. Maybe he wants to sit out a season just to heal-up all of the injury issues he would have brought to camp from college. Hoecht probably was not going to make the final roster so this way he gets paid for sitting at home. But the vaunted stud steal of the draft Lewis has faded into oblivion for now.

Lewis is not sitting out the season. He just has to be quarantined. That’s not a season long situation

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewer is choosing to opt-out of the season. Lewis and Hoecht are quarantining right now but have the option to sit the season out if that is how things develop. So right now those two are in limbo.

This Reserve list has been generated for this type of player health/flexibility in facing these types of circumstances with a respiratory-based engineered biowarfare agent.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler Brewer remains the only Rams player to opt out of the season. Hoecht has been taken off the Covid Reserve list and activated to the camp roster. Lewis remains on the list.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bleacher Report has presented its UDFA list of one player for each team in the NFL that is going to break-through and surprise a boatload of people. For us, it is Bryce Perkins.

Los Angeles Rams: QB Bryce Perkins

1. 568737736ce8b36961780ee2dae410b7_crop_exact.jpg

The Los Angeles Rams have some interesting undrafted players, yet not one has the ability to shine brighter than a quarterback.

It helps that Virginia product Bryce Perkins is so explosive and versatile. Last year, he completed 64.4 percent of his passes while throwing for 3,530 yards and 22 touchdowns. He posted another 769 yards and 11 scores on the ground via a 3.4 per-carry average.

One of the top dual-threat prospects in this year's class, Perkins could have the upside to unseat John Wolford behind Jared Goff or possibly encourage the Rams to keep three passers when it's time to cut to 53. Either way, Perkins' playmaking ability entrenches him as a standout candidate.

Meanwhile, an OL I thought the Rams were going to take in the sixth or seventh round or sign as a UDFA is Trey Adams, the big Tackle from Washington who had a horrible combine. The dude is a load at 6-8, nearly 350 and he found a spot with the Buffalo Bills Training Camp. Coincidentally, Adams is chosen by the Bleacher Report to be the steal of UFDA's for the Bills this year.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bleacher Report has presented its UDFA list of one player for each team in the NFL that is going to break-through and surprise a boatload of people. For us, it is Bryce Perkins.

Los Angeles Rams: QB Bryce Perkins

1. 568737736ce8b36961780ee2dae410b7_crop_exact.jpg

The Los Angeles Rams have some interesting undrafted players, yet not one has the ability to shine brighter than a quarterback.

It helps that Virginia product Bryce Perkins is so explosive and versatile. Last year, he completed 64.4 percent of his passes while throwing for 3,530 yards and 22 touchdowns. He posted another 769 yards and 11 scores on the ground via a 3.4 per-carry average.

One of the top dual-threat prospects in this year's class, Perkins could have the upside to unseat John Wolford behind Jared Goff or possibly encourage the Rams to keep three passers when it's time to cut to 53. Either way, Perkins' playmaking ability entrenches him as a standout candidate.
The reason that he threw for that many yards is because we had absolutely no running game other than him and a really bad offensive line as well. He needs to learn to not telegraph his passes because a lot of the time he'll stare down the receiver he wants, no matter how many guys are covering him. He is a guy that he can make really great plays and other times you're wondering how in the hell did he make it this far in football.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree UVA. Our new OC is being lauded as a great signing and because he is the new QB coach overseer during practice, I suspect this Perkins kid could easily unseat Wolford as the number two guy with the tutelege of the new OC, O'Connell!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree UVA. Our new OC is being lauded as a great signing and because he is the new QB coach overseer during practice, I suspect this Perkins kid could easily unseat Wolford as the number two guy with the tutelege of the new OC, O'Connell!
He'd probably have to add a lot of new plays in the playbook if he does end up as the QB because Perkins doesn't really throw deep down the field much and his first instinct when there's any amount of pressure is to run... even if that's 20 yards behind the LOS.