• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the Rams waited to do the extensions like they should’ve, they wouldn’t be in cap hell.

They wouldn’t be eating all this dead money for Gurley and Cooks.

And with the deconstruction of the roster because of the cap issues, it makes the Ramsey trade look even worse because they are not a championship caliber team anymore.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McSnead knew, with what happened last season, that the Rams had some serious issues and were not going to be a consistent championship level team going forward because of what and how giving all those big extensions too soon was going to affect the team. They had to do something ASAP or they were going to have some serious issues to contend with which would have put the Rams further behind in a very competitive division going into the future. They created their own mess and maybe they have learned a very valuable lesson-maybe.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, ALR, some sports pundits agree with you. Some are calling for the Rams to wait longer on any extension to see how Ramsey plays this year before extending him. Sort of what they did with AD.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we got Cooks from New England we also got their 4th rounder for our first rounder. Fast forward a few years and some BC concussions, we got a 2nd rounder back and gave back the 4th rounder.

Time to get younger and cheaper through the draft to compliment what we currently have in place.
So now we have 2 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounders, 4th, 6th and 7th. I am guessing we trade down at least once to grab a 5th in this 2020 draft.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, ALR, some sports pundits agree with you. Some are calling for the Rams to wait longer on any extension to see how Ramsey plays this year before extending him. Sort of what they did with AD.

Yeah, pretty crazy how the only guy that deserved an early extension was the one they took the longest to get done.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this rate of selling assets it would not surprise me if Donald and Ramsey were shown the door too.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My question is, why didn’t McVay use 2 TE’s more?

He drafted Everett in the 2nd for a reason and he has used him sparingly.

Then, they fave Higbee that huge extension that we all thought was crazy because, again, McVay barely used him in the passing game, and we all thought that was a lot of dough to pay for a blocking TE.

Then, McVay started involving Higbee in the passing game out of necessity because Everett was hurt, and eureka, the light bulb finally comes on for the guy?

Not much of a “genius” if it takes that long to figure out you have 2 great receiving TE’s and didn’t bother utilizing them together to improve not only the passing game, but the run game as well.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, after the Bears exposed the 11 personnel by using the 6-1 defense, that’s when he should’ve changed it up and implemented the 12 personnel package.

How different would the SB have gone then?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, after the Bears exposed the 11 personnel by using the 6-1 defense, that’s when he should’ve changed it up and implemented the 12 personnel package.

How different would the SB have gone then?

Well if Brandin Cooks didn't drop the TD pass and if Kupp played, we would of won.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then, they fave Higbee that huge extension that we all thought was crazy because, again, McVay barely used him in the passing game, and we all thought that was a lot of dough to pay for a blocking TE.

Then, McVay started involving Higbee in the passing game out of necessity because Everett was hurt, and eureka, the light bulb finally comes on for the guy?

Not much of a “genius” if it takes that long to figure out you have 2 great receiving TE’s and didn’t bother utilizing them together to improve not only the passing game, but the run game as well.

Well Higbee until last year was an unproven commodity, your not going to keep throwing him the ball until he starts producing, besides a few instances of here and there, Higbee didn't really do much all the field besides last year, so McVay was using him for what he did well, which was block. The genius is the fact he evolved, with the offensive line being ticky tack, with the injuries piling up. His best players at some point missed a good amount of games or not play up to their standard, ie Gurely, Kupp, Cooks, Woods.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think all of the changes last season on offense had to do with an O-line that couldn't block and protect Goff. McVay was trying to find a way to move the ball with a back that lost a step and has knee problems and a line that was torn up by injuries.
And to add to that a defense that gave up too many yards. And too many points.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Brandin Cooks didn't drop the TD pass and if Kupp played, we would of won.

Cooks didn’t drop it, he was interfered.

And, yes, Kupp would’ve made a huge difference in that game.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Higbee until last year was an unproven commodity, your not going to keep throwing him the ball until he starts producing, besides a few instances of here and there, Higbee didn't really do much all the field besides last year, so McVay was using him for what he did well, which was block. The genius is the fact he evolved, with the offensive line being ticky tack, with the injuries piling up. His best players at some point missed a good amount of games or not play up to their standard, ie Gurely, Kupp, Cooks, Woods.

You can’t produce when you aren’t involved.

My point was, McVay never really got the TE’s involved in the passing attack which is crazy considering he used Reed in Washington in his game plan all the time.

Then, he drafted Everett in the 2nd to be his Reed, and he leaves him out of the game plan for weeks at a time.

And you can’t tell me they didn’t see Higbee produce in practices unless, again, McVay wasn’t utilizing him that way.

It’s not like Higbee just woke up in December and all of a sudden learned to catch the freakin football.

Under-utilizing your players talents is on the playcaller ( offense or defense ). In this case, that lands squarely on McVay.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t produce when you aren’t involved.

My point was, McVay never really got the TE’s involved in the passing attack which is crazy considering he used Reed in Washington in his game plan all the time.

Then, he drafted Everett in the 2nd to be his Reed, and he leaves him out of the game plan for weeks at a time.

And you can’t tell me they didn’t see Higbee produce in practices unless, again, McVay wasn’t utilizing him that way.

It’s not like Higbee just woke up in December and all of a sudden learned to catch the freakin football.

Under-utilizing your players talents is on the playcaller ( offense or defense ). In this case, that lands squarely on McVay.
Wasn't Everett hurt for a couple of games last season?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Higbee a better all around player than Everett?

They are very similar except that Higbee is 3” taller.

They have equal 40 times ( 4.62 and 4.63 ). Both are athletic. Higbee was a former WR turned TE and Everett was a former basketball player.

Tyler is a better red zone target because of his height, but they are basically the same between the numbers.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are very similar except that Higbee is 3” taller.

They have equal 40 times ( 4.62 and 4.63 ). Both are athletic. Higbee was a former WR turned TE and Everett was a former basketball player.

Tyler is a better red zone target because of his height, but they are basically the same between the numbers.
Thank you, who is the better blocker?