• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, which is when McVay started utilizing Higbee

Higbee started from the get-go right? Let’s not act like Mcvay is playing QB and Goff wasn’t locked onto Kupp 70% of pass plays. Goodness Woods didn’t get a lot of looks either. Kupp started getting less receptions about the same time as Higbee started getting targets. I’m guessing Mcvay finally hollard at Goff and told him to use his dam TE

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higbee started from the get-go right? Let’s not act like Mcvay is playing QB and Goff wasn’t locked onto Kupp 70% of pass plays. Goodness Woods didn’t get a lot of looks either. Kupp started getting less receptions about the same time as Higbee started getting targets. I’m guessing Mcvay finally hollard at Goff and told him to use his dam TE

McVay is the one calling the plays, right?

He used 11 personnel 82 & 89% of the time his first 2 seasons, and dropped to 77% last season ( still ranked 3rd in the league ).

How many opportunities do you think the TE’s in general ( let alone Higbee himself splitting time with Everett ) had to catch passes when there are 3 legit WR’s to throw to and the TE’s are required to pass block most of the time?

When McVay finally started using 12 personnel package with 2 WR’s and 2 TE’s, that’s when Higbee started producing because the extra receiver was now Higbee and Mundt was used as the blocking TE.

Also, running 12 personnel package makes it better for the running game because you now have 2 TE’s blocking instead of a 5’9” WR.

My issue with McVay is, why wasn’t this personnel package figured out sooner ( especially after the Bears exposed the 11 personnel package running the 6-1 )?

He has 2 great receiving TE’s on his roster ( one he specifically drafted for that reason ), and he under-utilized them.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay is the one calling the plays, right?

He used 11 personnel 82 & 89% of the time his first 2 seasons, and dropped to 77% last season ( still ranked 3rd in the league ).

How many opportunities do you think the TE’s in general ( let alone Higbee himself splitting time with Everett ) had to catch passes when there are 3 legit WR’s to throw to and the TE’s are required to pass block most of the time?

When McVay finally started using 12 personnel package with 2 WR’s and 2 TE’s, that’s when Higbee started producing because the extra receiver was now Higbee and Mundt was used as the blocking TE.

Also, running 12 personnel package makes it better for the running game because you now have 2 TE’s blocking instead of a 5’9” WR.

My issue with McVay is, why wasn’t this personnel package figured out sooner ( especially after the Bears exposed the 11 personnel package running the 6-1 )?

He has 2 great receiving TE’s on his roster ( one he specifically drafted for that reason ), and he under-utilized them.

I don’t know about great TEs but I know Mcvay is calling the plays and there are many options on each one. I also know Goff has been locking onto Kupp since he joined the Rams and anyone whose been watching knows the same. Blaming the coach for passing too much sure, blaming him for Goff locking onto 1 WR the majority of the season is wrong.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sean Mcvay has to tell Goff he’s got a TE we’ve got far bigger problems at QB. Goff is a big boy he knows the plays and his options. Hopefully he gets better protection this year and also realizes utilizing the TE aka getting 3-4 years sometimes is better than the 15-20 yard attempt/risk

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about great TEs but I know Mcvay is calling the plays and there are many options on each one. I also know Goff has been locking onto Kupp since he joined the Rams and anyone whose been watching knows the same. Blaming the coach for passing too much sure, blaming him for Goff locking onto 1 WR the majority of the season is wrong.

I gotta day, SJ, I thought you were more astute than this.

Woods has actually been Goff’s main target, not Kupp. This whole notion that Goff “locks” onto Kupp is bogus.

Woods target rate: 24% in ‘18, 23.4% in ‘19

Kupp target rate: 20.8% in ‘18, 21.8% in ‘19

Cooks target rate: 22.6% in ‘18, 12.9% in ‘19

Higbee target rate: 6.8% in ‘18, 15.9% in ‘19

Everett target rate: 9.9% in ‘18, 13.7% in ‘19

Woods has been Goff’s favorite target since he got here. Higbee and Everett absorbed Cooks decrease ( mainly because of his concussion issues ), and McVay going more 12 personnel at the end of the season.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta day, SJ, I thought you were more astute than this.

Woods has actually been Goff’s main target, not Kupp. This whole notion that Goff “locks” onto Kupp is bogus.

Woods target rate: 24% in ‘18, 23.4% in ‘19

Kupp target rate: 20.8% in ‘18, 21.8% in ‘19

Cooks target rate: 22.6% in ‘18, 12.9% in ‘19

Higbee target rate: 6.8% in ‘18, 15.9% in ‘19

Everett target rate: 9.9% in ‘18, 13.7% in ‘19

Woods has been Goff’s favorite target since he got here. Higbee and Everett absorbed Cooks decrease ( mainly because of his concussion issues ), and McVay going more 12 personnel at the end of the season.

Kupp’s targets went out the door late in the year man. Insert Higbee. And now you’re back peddling from the “Mcvay is at fault while Goff is pulling the trigger” argument.

Stats mean shit especially when its a lot of mop up time. Goff has locked on to Kupp especially on 3rd down since he came into the league. Lol. Oh my goodness

I didn’t have you pegged as a stat geek. All you have to do is watch the game.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in... I take 80% of my shits in the am. 8% of the time it’s late at night. 9% of time mid-day. 3% of the time I’m drunk and don’t know what time it is.

I can twist some of those if you’d like and make it look pretty. Let me know if you’d like the breakdown

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deion Sanders told Gurley not to wear #21 because it would be disrespectful. He apparently doesn't care.... For real? What is wrong with this guy???

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kupp’s targets went out the door late in the year man. Insert Higbee. And now you’re back peddling from the “Mcvay is at fault while Goff is pulling the trigger” argument.

Stats mean shit especially when its a lot of mop up time. Goff has locked on to Kupp especially on 3rd down since he came into the league. Lol. Oh my goodness

I didn’t have you pegged as a stat geek. All you have to do is watch the game.

Holy crap, SJ

Are you serious? Have you not read anything I’ve posted?

Let me break it down again.

McVay’s first 2 seasons, he used 11 personnel package the most in the league. Last season, they used it the 3rd most.

Now, on obvious 3rd down passing situations with the 11 personnel package employed, the one TE ( either Higbee or Everett ) stays in to block, as does Gurley ( who may or may not release on a route afterwards ).

That leaves 3 options for Goff to go to: Woods, Kupp and Cooks.

Of those 3 options, who are you going to throw to? Not Cooks. He drops half the balls thrown his way.

You are throwing to Kupp or Woods. And, he uses them pretty equally on 3rd down.

And tell me this: which 2 guys did Brady “lock” onto the past decade? Gronk and Edelman.

When McVay started using 12 personnel package more, then Higbee became involved because Mundt stayed in to block along with Gurley.

So, now Goff’s options were Woods, Kupp/Cooks, and Higbee.

So, again, it’s on McVay because of the personnel package he was using most of the time and not utilizing the TE’s who were staying in to block most of the time.

Goff catch throw the freakin ball to a guy who is blocking.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, SJ

Are you serious? Have you not read anything I’ve posted?

Let me break it down again.

McVay’s first 2 seasons, he used 11 personnel package the most in the league. Last season, they used it the 3rd most.

Now, on obvious 3rd down passing situations with the 11 personnel package employed, the one TE ( either Higbee or Everett ) stays in to block, as does Gurley ( who may or may not release on a route afterwards ).

That leaves 3 options for Goff to go to: Woods, Kupp and Cooks.

Of those 3 options, who are you going to throw to? Not Cooks. He drops half the balls thrown his way.

You are throwing to Kupp or Woods. And, he uses them pretty equally on 3rd down.

And tell me this: which 2 guys did Brady “lock” onto the past decade? Gronk and Edelman.

When McVay started using 12 personnel package more, then Higbee became involved because Mundt stayed in to block along with Gurley.

So, now Goff’s options were Woods, Kupp/Cooks, and Higbee.

So, again, it’s on McVay because of the personnel package he was using most of the time and not utilizing the TE’s who were staying in to block most of the time.

Goff catch throw the freakin ball to a guy who is blocking.

I’ve read your novels yes. It’s all good man but I disagree with your blame towards Mcvay

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other factor to consider for this year. There are rumors that McVay is going more to the running game and from the language, I believe we will see the Jumbo a lot more this year. I think that Snooperbowl loss really bothered McVay and rightly so. McVay has a new OC who also likes the Jumbo. Expect to see three TE sets and the I this year in the offense With this, the personnel must fit and we will see a bigger, badder O-line as well as bigger, faster WRs.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve read your novels yes. It’s all good man but I disagree with your blame towards Mcvay

And I disagree with blaming Goff.

He’s not the one calling the personnel packages. McVay is.

Goff showed he will use his TE’s late last season when McVay finally switched personnel packages.

But, it’s all good, SJ. We will agree to disagree on this point.

Much respect, man

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deion Sanders told Gurley not to wear #21 because it would be disrespectful. He apparently doesn't care.... For real? What is wrong with this guy???

.. He asked him not to wear it, but i don't think ATL is one of those teams that retire player numbers. So if deon is upset then he can go cry a river, i doubt he loses any sleep though.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Higbee until last year was an unproven commodity, your not going to keep throwing him the ball until he starts producing, besides a few instances of here and there, Higbee didn't really do much all the field besides last year, so McVay was using him for what he did well, which was block. The genius is the fact he evolved, with the offensive line being ticky tack, with the injuries piling up. His best players at some point missed a good amount of games or not play up to their standard, ie Gurely, Kupp, Cooks, Woods.
The gameplan with Higbee ever since he was drafted by the Rams always seemed to be throw it his way a few times on the opening drive to help open up the run game and then the rest of the game, throw it to either Kupp, Woods or Cooks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is wondering why the Rams moved both Gurley and Cooks other than the litany of reasons we already are aware of, Ramswire has a great article explaining yet another angle. Looks as though McSnead wanted to go through cap hell now and clear the books for the FAs to be signed in 2021 such as Ramsey, JJ, and Kupp. This was a good move as the Rams will be done with all the dead money being paid to Gurley and Cooks. I bet the Rams will no longer sign players to early extensions.