• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a pastor friend from SanFran and he and I... Well let's just state that I informed him that his beloved Niners are going to get their butts kicked!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins are not looking very good. Their O-line is lot like ours used to be. It sucks and RGIII gets hammered alot.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Rams be more aggressive on offense. The running game has been almost non existent so they need to open things up. Wouldn't mind see them run more no huttle and go more up tempo. I realize Fisher tends to be a conservative coach but why draft a guy like Austin if you're not going to take off the training wheels? They have to actually use the pass to set up the run instead of the old fashion Fisher way. The NFL is a passing league now and has been for quite some time. Let's stop being so damn conservative. That goes for the defensive side of the ball as well. Can the Rams drop any deaper in coverage than they have the first two weeks? I understand they may not have the faith in the safeties just yet but you paid Finnagin to come here and you drafted Jenkins early let those guys use their coverage skills. They are just giving away easy pitch and catch first downs. We have some horses now, let then run.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like I knew if a play was going to fail or not based on how many RBs were kept in to block, run or leak out of the backfield. When Bradford was alone in Shotgun, the offense was GOOD. The Rams were able to find mismatches in the passing game on a pretty regular basis and Bradford moved around well.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like I knew if a play was going to fail or not based on how many RBs were kept in to block, run or leak out of the backfield. When Bradford was alone in Shotgun, the offense was GOOD. The Rams were able to find mismatches in the passing game on a pretty regular basis and Bradford moved around well.

Agree.

One problem I noticed. When Bradford did have to move out of the pocket it seemed none of the WR's helped him out by coming back to give him a place to throw. When the QB is rolling to his right like that the opposit side of the field is basically out of play. No body is going to make a throw all the way back across field. It appeared his WR's didn't continue to work to find an open spot in the coverage and Sam had to throw the ball away several times.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What was the state of the game when he is alone in shotgun and playing well however? When a team has a big lead, the defense lags (unless they are a very disciplined team). For example, both Redskins games. Is RG3 suddenly, magically playing better in the second halves of games? No, the opposing team has a big lead and the defensive intensity drops.

It's not like playing in shotgun from the beginning is going to be as effective as it might be against a team with a double digit lead in the 4th quarter.

The Rams need to get the running game going. The quick dump off passes are, in essence, an extension of the running game. Getting the running game rolling opens everything else up.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Fisher on the radio last night and he brissled whan asked about the conservative offense and the lack of big plays. He said that the Rams take plenty of shot down field however the stats say differently. Of Bradfords 90+ throws only 5 of them have traveled over 20 yards in the air. That's one of the lowest percentages in the NFL so far. As I said yesterday, they have the horse now, let them run.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right LTR1961 and it pisses me right off for Fisher not to acknowledge that his OC is not venturing deeper than 20 yards 95% of the time because Fisher wants to play conservative or somebody is setting this tone.

Those underneath passes are killing us because it teaches the defense that they do not have to worry about the deep ball and they are starting to play in that 20-yard box and closer to the line of scrimmage. That is another reason why Sammie has thrown two pick-6 passes in two different games with those dump-off patterns and those underneath patterns. The freakin' opposing D knows we are not going deep, so they focus underneath where we are 95% of the time.

Now that Sammie has a good O-line and three deep threats in Austin, Givens, and Cook, why we continue to work underneath is beyond me. We should be scoring 30+points offensively on a regular basis with several completions deep. Throw the damn ball down the field, already!! But nooooo, Shitmur-style small stuff is just going to kill us long-term.

Last edited:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rushing attack would certainly help but how do we generate it? We're not built to run and we've had double-digit deficits on the score-board in the 3rd quarter of both games.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on the Dallas game this week. It's certainly a winnable game but they are going to have to clean some things up. The penalties, especially on special teams, are maddening. I'm tired of seeing them start drives at the 7 yard line. The defense needs to seriously step up and make some plays. It's OK to have 3 and outs and create some turnovers, LOL. The coaches need to step up as well. They can't let Dez go off like Jones did and they need to double team him. Might have to let Witten "beat then" instead of giving Bryant an 80 yard TD. Also, the back 7 needs to stop playing 10-12 yards of the ball on every damn snap. Hell the safeties aren't even on the damn screen when you watch on TV, LOL. Schottenheimer needs to step up as well. Enough of constantly throwing the short passes. Throw the ball past the first down marker every once in awhile. I think they can get some pressure on Romo and force him in to some mistakes because the Cowboys o-line is nothing special. Once again I feel this is a game they can win, although I won't guarantee it, I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled the upset. Any thoughts?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have our weakness outlined perfectly LTR1961 on defense especially playing this soft zone that encourages an offense to be aggressive. If we do't play smashmouth D, Romo is going to get going and kill us because it is just a matter of time before Bryant breaks one. Their O-line is entirely beatable and our front eight should have a field day especially with some blitzing.

But our Offense has to get going early and not wait to the third and fourth quarter to score points. And what gets us going is stop with all this underneath shit and go deeper than 20 yards way early especially with Givens and Cook. And lets get Quick in the game sooner. We spent a second rounder on this guy and all he does is stand on the sidelines-for what?

FF, you get a running game going by first committing to it and right now Shottenheimer's play calling is sending a message that he does not trust it nor does he want to commit to it. Pound the ball on second and short. Throw it on first down and throw it deeper. Other than that, it is line-up and open holes. Everybody has to be blocking and right now we have some that are not because there are little spaces for Richardson to run through. Time to get after it O-line and TEs!!

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have our weakness outlined perfectly LTR1961 on defense especially playing this soft zone that encourages an offense to be aggressive. If we do't play smashmouth D, Romo is going to get going and kill us because it is just a matter of time before Bryant breaks one. Their O-line is entirely beatable and our front eight should have a field day especially with some blitzing.

But our Offense has to get going early and not wait to the third and fourth quarter to score points. And what gets us going is stop with all this underneath shit and go deeper than 20 yards way early especially with Givens and Cook. And lets get Quick in the game sooner. We spent a second rounder on this guy and all he does is stand on the sidelines-for what?

FF, you get a running game going by first committing to it and right now Shottenheimer's play calling is sending a message that he does not trust it nor does he want to commit to it. Pound the ball on second and short. Throw it on first down and throw it deeper. Other than that, it is line-up and open holes. Everybody has to be blocking and right now we have some that are not because there are little spaces for Richardson to run through. Time to get after it O-line and TEs!!

:agree:It's odd that this o-line does an excellent job of pass blocking but isn't a very good run blocking line. That's the one plass they spent some money and brought in some veterens who have played well in this league for several years. I expect more out of then than I've seen in the running game.

You are correct, they can't be so predictable on offense either. Mix it up a little.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:It's odd that this o-line does an excellent job of pass blocking but isn't a very good run blocking line. That's the one plass they spent some money and brought in some veterens who have played well in this league for several years. I expect more out of then than I've seen in the running game.

You are correct, they can't be so predictable on offense either. Mix it up a little.

Damn I need to a better job of proofreading. :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the state of the game when he is alone in shotgun and playing well however? When a team has a big lead, the defense lags (unless they are a very disciplined team). For example, both Redskins games. Is RG3 suddenly, magically playing better in the second halves of games? No, the opposing team has a big lead and the defensive intensity drops.

It's not like playing in shotgun from the beginning is going to be as effective as it might be against a team with a double digit lead in the 4th quarter.

The Rams need to get the running game going. The quick dump off passes are, in essence, an extension of the running game. Getting the running game rolling opens everything else up.
Its not that they lag however I'm sure there is some drop off of intensity but they are protecting the lead. When the offense decides to go uptempo when down three scores, like we were, the defensive scheme changes. The Falcons were only rushing 4 dudes for most of the second half dropping everyone in coverage on nearly every down. These 4 defensive lineman would try to get a push but were content to go for the tip ball at the line, and did a pretty good job of it too!

BTW - I agree 100% with your take on the quick dump off passes.:10: