• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will probably never know the truth.

I do know that Fisher, even though he was fired, will still get paid for next year. So in order to receive a 2017 salary, he will probably have to kiss Kreonkes ass for at least another year!

If you notice in the article, it says the decision was unanimous...It wasn't REALLY his decision...

"Jack WangVerified account ‏@thejackwang Dec 18

.@CharissaT asked Jeff Fisher if it was his choice for Rams to draft Jared Goff: “Yes. It was our choice. It was unanimous.""

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the focus and, with this candidate, a new GM apparently is now on Jon Gruden. This may be a lot of speculation as well. The article covers the gamut of issues with the Rams including more speculation about potential coaching candidates. It does mention that Carroll and Harbaugh both dispelled any notion of wanting the Rams job. More of the same I believe.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/s...nt-in-l-a-rams-coaching-search-235154574.html

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if i would be interested in Payton at this point, Saints are only doing slightly better than the rams in terms of wins and are not making the playoffs either. Shaw i dont think has any experience at the pro level.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the focus and, with this candidate, a new GM apparently is now on Jon Gruden. This may be a lot of speculation as well. The article covers the gamut of issues with the Rams including more speculation about potential coaching candidates. It does mention that Carroll and Harbaugh both dispelled any notion of wanting the Rams job. More of the same I believe.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/s...nt-in-l-a-rams-coaching-search-235154574.html
If Gruden comes in, I'm done with this team. The guy is extremely overrated and won't do any better than Fisher. At least if we somehow got Sean Payton, we would get a much better offensive philosophy and could possibly keep the defensive scheme in tact since Williams has worked with him before. Also, he'd be a splashy hire that Los Angeles seems to want.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gruden comes in, I'm done with this team. The guy is extremely overrated and won't do any better than Fisher. At least if we somehow got Sean Payton, we would get a much better offensive philosophy and could possibly keep the defensive scheme in tact since Williams has worked with him before. Also, he'd be a splashy hire that Los Angeles seems to want.

I have to disagree. One of the biggest problems Fisher had was motivating players and maintaining consistency. I think Gruden would bark alot more and would be a much better disciplinarian. I think he would go after Olineman asap, then pound Gurley and find an Alstot type "rammer" RB as he calls it to compliment TG.

Can anyone remember a WR on that Tampa team that won it all? And look who he won a super bowl with at QB.. Brad Johnson? Yeah that defense was special, but we have the makings of one with Donald and few other pieces.

I think it would be a nice upgrade and what are our other options?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Tampa fan I guess I should know that Keyshaun was on that team and had over 1000 yards that year. But Michael Pittman and Alstot? What a defense that was.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. One of the biggest problems Fisher had was motivating players and maintaining consistency. I think Gruden would bark alot more and would be a much better disciplinarian. I think he would go after Olineman asap, then pound Gurley and find an Alstot type "rammer" RB as he calls it to compliment TG.

Can anyone remember a WR on that Tampa team that won it all? And look who he won a super bowl with at QB.. Dilfer? Yeah that defense was special, but we have the makings of one with Donald and few other pieces.

I think it would be a nice upgrade and what are our other options?
I believe it was Brad Johnson that he won with, a much better QB than Dilfer. Dilfer won his Super Bowl with the Ravens. Gruden won with Dungy's team and once those guys either got old and/or left, he never was able to find the talent to replace them and Tampa really hasn't done much of note ever since. As for other options, if LA wants a big name, try to work out a deal with the Saints for Payton. I realize that we don't have the draft capital but I'm sure that they'd listen if we threw in a defensive player (Quinn for example) and possibly a late round pick.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was Brad Johnson that he won with, a much better QB than Dilfer. Dilfer won his Super Bowl with the Ravens. Gruden won with Dungy's team and once those guys either got old and/or left, he never was able to find the talent to replace them and Tampa really hasn't done much of note ever since. As for other options, if LA wants a big name, try to work out a deal with the Saints for Payton. I realize that we don't have the draft capital but I'm sure that they'd listen if we threw in a defensive player (Quinn for example) and possibly a late round pick.

Yeah I had to change that. I'm a seasoned Tampa fan I tell ya!!

Overall, I think Gruden has this team way more disciplined that Fisher ever did. Not sure Payton leaves Nawlins and I doubt anyone wants Quinn right now with head trama issues.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I had to change that. I'm a seasoned Tampa fan I tell ya!!

Overall, I think Gruden has this team way more disciplined that Fisher ever did. Not sure Payton leaves Nawlins and I doubt anyone wants Quinn right now with head trama issues.
I think teams would definitely take a chance on Quinn. If he's available, it could possibly be like a Cameron Wake situation where people thought he might be done after going down in the middle of the season last year but yet has double digit sacks I believe this season. So if anyone thinks that Quinn can still contribute, they'd definitely be after him as a reclamation project.
I do agree that Gruden would probably keep the guys in line more than Fisher has. I just don't think he's a guy that this team needs. Plus, he's probably enjoying making good money in the booth so it'd take a lot to lure him away.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an article of the top best candidates for HC. If Kroneke and Demoff had ANY football brains, and they don't, Dave Toub will be our next HC. This the guy is EXACTLY what we need. But alas, the boneheads masquerading as a competent FO will pick some idiot I suspect. See for yourself.

The 12 best NFL coaching candidates, and the one that teams are too scared to hire
I admittedly don't know much about Toub but that article definitely built him up as a great candidate. I would also consider McDaniels since it's likely that the next coach is going to be more of an offensive minded coach. I'd consider Kyle Shanahan as well as a legit option.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want McDaniels. He hasn't had any success away from the Patriots. He's also a poor judge of talent (look what he did in drafts for the Rams and Broncos). Shanahan wants to bring along his Dad as team president. That's a bit weird and will be a tough fit. They haven't even fired Snead yet and that would require kicking Demoff to the curb as well.

Toub is definitely an interesting candidate. I'm still intrigued by Anthony Lynn as well. Rams should at least interview him as a Rooney Rule candidate.

Anthony Lynn fights 'jacked up' criteria on path to head-coaching job

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you how bad this team is right now and has been for some time under Snisher. This year, the Rams are 0-2 against the 49ers, who are 0-13 against everyone else.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you how bad this team is right now and has been for some time under Snisher. This year, the Rams are 0-2 against the 49ers, who are 0-13 against everyone else.
And somehow ended up beating Seattle. The sad thing is, is that all four of the wins were by six points or less, so we could easily have the same record as say the Browns or worse.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And somehow ended up beating Seattle. The sad thing is, is that all four of the wins were by six points or less, so we could easily have the same record as say the Browns or worse.

damn we could have fired fischer faster :(

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this keeps up, the limp biscuit is going to do nothing until no one is left and we will be stuck with John Fassell. The Ryans were fired in Buffalo today. How does that affect the Rams, you ask? One of the under-the-radar coaches that made the Rams' "interest list" is the Buffalo OC Anthony Lynn who will be the interim coach. If he has a great game coming up, the Bills may just hire him outright which is rumored.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/r...nn-becomes-bills-interim-coach-164219683.html

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watch Gurley have a record day moving G-Rob to guard. They will finally get it figured out on the last game of the season! :mad2: :doh: :trash::L

I hope he does, that wil prove what a doof Fisher was, not that we need any more proof!