• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny, because if he didn't work out I could see you for months if not years harping on 'The D2 Project QB".

Oh well, once we were all faced with the trade up, it all changed, didn't it.

Like I said, I didn't want either. It was and is a weak QB class. After a week or so of bitching about both QBs, I think you of all people know how long I've been wanting a mobile QB and a tough QB at that. And after those few weeks, I was one of the few that was HOPING Goff would work out. Didn't start the bitching again until i found out the kid was going to be our 3rd string QB.

Funny that a D2 rookie, 4th round rookie, and the kid from New England have all won an NFL game so far this year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that a D2 rookie, 4th round rookie, and the kid from New England have all won an NFL game so far this year.
^^This^^

Oh I know, we don't disagree here at all, except for the 3rd string thing. Didn't think it mattered that much then and now that Goff is No. 2 and Mannion didn't play a down vs the 49ers it kind of solidified that opinion.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^This^^

Oh I know, we don't disagree here at all, except for the 3rd string thing. Didn't think it mattered that much then and now that Goff is No. 2 and Mannion didn't play a down vs the 49ers it kind of solidified that opinion.

Just added fuel to the fire for me. But after watching how Bellicheck managed that game last night with a rookie QB, it confirmed to me that Fisher has no clue what he's doing with QBs.

Also confirmed that game managing QBs continue to get it done in the NFL.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just added fuel to the fire for me. But after watching how Bellicheck managed that game last night with a rookie QB, it confirmed to me that Fisher has no clue what he's doing with QBs.

Also confirmed that game managing QBs continue to get it done in the NFL.
meh, not that I disagree with the Fisher comment, just think defenses usually figure out QB's as time goes by and only the few have the ability to continually beat their opponent.

So these rookie successes are akin to the journeyman backup coming in and winning a few games when the starter was struggling. In otherwords, (Little to no tape, makes the sledging a little smoother) Once these NFL DC's get some decent tape on these guys who have early success, is when we really find out if they have the right stuff or not.

Damn, even Luck is struggling to win games. Who would have thunk it?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, not that I disagree with the Fisher comment, just think defenses usually figure out QB's as time goes by and only the few have the ability to continually beat their opponent.

So these rookie successes are akin to the journeyman backup coming in and winning a few games when the starter was struggling. In otherwords, (Little to no tape, makes the sledging a little smoother) Once these NFL DC's get some decent tape on these guys who have early success, is when we really find out if they have the right stuff or not.

Damn, even Luck is struggling to win games. Who would have thunk it?

That's just it though. You don't need an Andrew Luck to win ball games. You don't have to trade up and give picks to get a QB to win you ballgames. These rookies are simply managing the game. Coaches are also calling a good game.

Dak isn't doing anything spectacular. Either is Carson - who's faced maybe the worst 2 teams in football. Same with the rookie NE QB - all he did was manage the game and make a few plays. They hung onto the ball and let their defense and special teams do alot of the damage.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it though. You don't need an Andrew Luck to win ball games. You don't have to trade up and give picks to get a QB to win you ballgames. These rookies are simply managing the game. Coaches are also calling a good game.

Dak isn't doing anything spectacular. Either is Carson - who's faced maybe the worst 2 teams in football. Same with the rookie NE QB - all he did was manage the game and make a few plays. They hung onto the ball and let their defense and special teams do alot of the damage.

Makes you wonder if the Rams would have been better just sticking with Case and keeping all those picks and surrounding him with a lot of talent.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder if the Rams would have been better just sticking with Case and keeping all those picks and surrounding him with a lot of talent.

No. Case is not enough, one of those picks had to be a QB to replace him.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case won his starting spot for another week...he recovered from an uncharacteristic interception and went on to win the game. Nothing bad about that. If he struggles in AZ we may see a change sooner rather than later but kudos to Case for last weeks game. I watched the game again and he had a nice game.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder if the Rams would have been better just sticking with Case and keeping all those picks and surrounding him with a lot of talent
I know what you mean but I still hold out hope that the Rams have something special in Goff. Just look at his highlights and you have to agree he has talent. If the Rams didn't have Case I'm sure we would have seen Goff by now. For now I remain patient and hopeful that the draft pick trade was worth while.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to get stoked for tomorrow's game against the Cardinals, NFL Total Access is doing a Football Life on Dick Vermeil right now! What memories!!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAMS POWER RANKINGS!
NFL.com, Elliot Harrison Rank: 13
Last Week: 21
Change: +8

ESPN.com Rank: 16
Last Week: 24

CBSSports.com, Pete Prisco Rank: 14
Last Week: 18
Change: +4

FoxSports.com Rank: 14
Last Week: 17
Change: +3

ProFootballTalk, Mike Florio Rank: 15
Last Week: 19
Change: +4

SBNation.com Rank: 17
Last Week: 22
Change: +5

Yahoo! Shutdown Corner Rank
: 17
Last Week: 22
Change: +5

USA Today Rank: 10
Last Week: 18

THIS WEEK’S OPPONENT’S RANKS — BUFFALO BILLS

NFL.com: 15
ESPN.com: 20
CBSSports.com: 19
FoxSports.com: 16
ProFootballTalk: 21
SBNation.com: 19
Yahoo! Shutdown Corner: 20
USA Today: 16

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never liked SBNation or Yahoo!

Always liked NFL.com & USA today
Yeah the 3-1 Rams are at home on Sunday against a 2-2 team that will be on a plane for 4+ hours to get to LA....you would think that SB and Yahoo would want to get ahead of the curve...+5 lol

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the 3-1 Rams are at home on Sunday against a 2-2 team that will be on a plane for 4+ hours to get to LA....you would think that SB and Yahoo would want to get ahead of the curve...+5 lol
On the other hand, the Bills have looked damned good vs the Cards at home & Pats on the road. Two playoff teams last year!

We will have our hands full once again!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, the Bills have looked damned good vs the Cards at home & Pats on the road. Two playoff teams last year!

We will have our hands full once again!

Both teams are prone to a surprise stinker too. Seen it all too many times...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had better not take the Bills lightly. Rex Ryan is now coaching to save his job because, unlike Fisher, he lays a turd here he could be gone by Monday. We had better attack these guys early and often on both sides of the ball or we are going to be staring at a loss.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had better not take the Bills lightly. Rex Ryan is now coaching to save his job because, unlike Fisher, he lays a turd here he could be gone by Monday. We had better attack these guys early and often on both sides of the ball or we are going to be staring at a loss.
Definitely can't take them lightly. Both teams are coming off huge road wins against divisional opponents. That Patriots win could give them a lot of momentum coming into this week. And we know how sometimes these Fisher teams can have pathetic games after big wins.

Maybe if Fisher pays for a masseuse to come into the Bills locker room during half time to massage Rex's feet, he'll forget about making adjustments and we can win. :lol: