• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wanted Goff but I'm not paid to make the right decision, Fisher is and so far it looks like he blew it again.

On the contrary brother bunc, Fisher still gets paid regardless if decision is good or bad! :mad2:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is looking good so far. He'll face a test this week as Pissburgh comes to town. I was one of the dudes that wanted Wentz over Goff because of his size and athleticism as well as he was further ahead (taking snaps under a center and more NFL ready than Goff) than Goff. Looks like Philly is batting .1000 right now.
I was on the Wentz side but didn't see a huge difference between the two. The down side was obvious with Wentz, another D2 project and we all know how that has worked out with Quick.

Either way, I was more like Smed and a lot of us too, Goff was my third choice. I wanted Lynch and to forego any trade up, but I guess a lot of that scenario is mixed in with an after the fact scenario, so dealing with a scenario after the trade up, it was:

1A Wentz
1B Goff

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that might have been your selection criteria Vita but as you can see, 1A and 1B are as far apart as ever now that one is playing as a starter and playing pretty well and one is what, a back-up? Gimme a break.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz looks to be the real deal! What the fuck were we thinking? :trash:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who we picked for qb. They wouldn't survive on this team. Our offense is made up of a bunch of over paid projects that just don't get it and the coaches don't either! Whomever we put back there will just get throttled time after time! Just look at Case Keenum for example, he has been hit so much he is now seeing ghosts! :crazy:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulgarization of yet another QB that is drinking the drama queen's cool-aid!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that might have been your selection criteria Vita but as you can see, 1A and 1B are as far apart as ever now that one is playing as a starter and playing pretty well and one is what, a back-up? Gimme a break.
Gimme your arm! :lol:

A cop told that to a buddy of mine after he asked for a break, we laughed for weeks!

Doesn't matter who we picked for qb. They wouldn't survive on this team. Our offense is made up of a bunch of over paid projects that just don't get it and the coaches don't either! Whomever we put back there will just get throttled time after time! Just look at Case Keenum for example, he has been hit so much he is now seeing ghosts! :crazy:
I was just going to post this and a coworker of mine hit on this topic yesterday too...

He said, he thought Fisher was with Goff like Phil Jackson was with Kobe. He was going to make the rookie sit. Mentioned something about Fisher sitting McNair for a long period of time too.

I don't think that will happen here but I would bet dollars to donuts that had the Rams selected Wentz, Wentz would still be sitting and Philly would have Goff in there starting.

I can't say that Goff would be doing better or worse however I suspect the game plan would be similar. Just as with Wentz, Goff would be limited and rarely taking the ball from under center.

BTW - The defenses of Cleveland and Chicago don't come close to the defenses of San Fran and Seattle, for that much there is a gap in them offenses too.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimme your arm! :lol:

A cop told that to a buddy of mine after he asked for a break, we laughed for weeks!

I was just going to post this and a coworker of mine hit on this topic yesterday too...

He said, he thought Fisher was with Goff like Phil Jackson was with Kobe. He was going to make the rookie sit. Mentioned something about Fisher sitting McNair for a long period of time too.

I don't think that will happen here but I would bet dollars to donuts that had the Rams selected Wentz, Wentz would still be sitting and Philly would have Goff in there starting.

I can't say that Goff would be doing better or worse however I suspect the game plan would be similar. Just as with Wentz, Goff would be limited and rarely taking the ball from under center.

BTW - The defenses of Cleveland and Chicago don't come close to the defenses of San Fran and Seattle, for that much there is a gap in them offenses too.

I get your point! My focus is on our pathetic offense as a whole! Our o-line is poor, our WR's/TE's are poor as well! Heck even Todd Gurley is getting throttled because we cant spread the field! Phillys offense is light years ahead of ours! They have a decent o-line, decent wrs and a couple of pro bowl TE's. A rookie stands a better chance. I've been bitching all year about how we've done nothing to this offense since last year. We also have NO leadership whatsoever on this offense! Did I mention poor coaching? Our offense is not clicking right now and if Fisher puts Goff into this mess, he will get killed! But for some reason I foresee it happening! :L

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point! My focus is on our pathetic offense as a whole! Our o-line is poor, our WR's/TE's are poor as well! Heck even Todd Gurley is getting throttled because we cant spread the field! Phillys offense is light years ahead of ours! They have a decent o-line, decent wrs and a couple of pro bowl TE's. A rookie stands a better chance. I've been bitching all year about how we've done nothing to this offense since last year. We also have NO leadership whatsoever on this offense! Did I mention poor coaching? Our offense is not clicking right now and if Fisher puts Goff into this mess, he will get killed! But for some reason I foresee it happening! :L
Couldn't have said it better myself zeke!

The only thing I have the slightest hope for in our offense, is that once we get out of the NFC West, we will see a better offense.

Really, when you look at it, Keenum had a better day than Wilson. These NFC West teams know each other so well that even a top QB in the league in Wilson was only able to put his team in position to score 3 points. With San Fran, there will be some adjusting to with their Chip Kelly offense, no doubt. So I hope :hope: that some of our problems with offense is situational although I'm not holding my breath.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on the Wentz side but didn't see a huge difference between the two. The down side was obvious with Wentz, another D2 project and we all know how that has worked out with Quick.

Either way, I was more like Smed and a lot of us too, Goff was my third choice. I wanted Lynch and to forego any trade up, but I guess a lot of that scenario is mixed in with an after the fact scenario, so dealing with a scenario after the trade up, i

1A Wentz
1B Goff

I'm not going to get all goo goo gaga over Wentz just yet, as was mentioned, it was against 2 bad teams, but he did make a lot of good throws and "decisions" and that latter part is very important!

He will have his struggles, but I think he is better than Goff? To me Goff just seems kind of scrawny, and scrawny behind this Oline, is not a good thing to be?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want either Wentz or Goff. Wanted the best WR or Oline guy we could get.

But once I had to pick, I wanted Wentz because of his mobility and toughness. We need some WRs and more talent on the Oline baaaaaad.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Cooper and maybe Spruce get worked into the game plan as they have returned to practice. Need some fresh faces out there, getting tired of yelling at Quick, Britt, and Austin lol.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan its time to get out your checkbook

Rams lose to St. Louis fans in court

ST. LOUIS (KSDK) - They no longer call the Gateway City home, but Monday the Los Angeles Rams appeared to suffer another loss in St. Louis.

Court documents show a judge has ruled original owners of a St. Louis Rams Personal Seat License are owed a refund. The PSL contracts were originally for 30 years, but the team left St. Louis 9 years early before the 2016 season.

Now, a judge has agreed with attorney A.J. Bruning that fans are owed a pro-rated refund for those remaining years.

Also see: Fan runs onto the field, earns more rushing yards than the Rams

“I hope the Rams do the right thing and refund these PSL holders their money,” says Bruning who says more work has to be done to determine how many fans could be eligible and for how much money.

However, Bruning expects the Rams could pay millions, divided among thousands of fans.

“This was a big victory for the St. Louis region and the St. Louis Rams fan base,” said Bruning.

Also see: Buffa - St. Louis football fans have right to still be salty about Rams

There is a second part to this latest ruling. The judge also said PSL owners who bought their license after the original sale, with different language in their contracts, may still have valid PSL's with the right to buy season tickets to Rams games in Los Angeles. And that, Bruning says, could be a head ache to litigate.

His firm is focused on representing the original owners and their potential refunds.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan its time to get out your checkbook

Rams lose to St. Louis fans in court

ST. LOUIS (KSDK) - They no longer call the Gateway City home, but Monday the Los Angeles Rams appeared to suffer another loss in St. Louis.

Court documents show a judge has ruled original owners of a St. Louis Rams Personal Seat License are owed a refund. The PSL contracts were originally for 30 years, but the team left St. Louis 9 years early before the 2016 season.

Now, a judge has agreed with attorney A.J. Bruning that fans are owed a pro-rated refund for those remaining years.

Also see: Fan runs onto the field, earns more rushing yards than the Rams

“I hope the Rams do the right thing and refund these PSL holders their money,” says Bruning who says more work has to be done to determine how many fans could be eligible and for how much money.

However, Bruning expects the Rams could pay millions, divided among thousands of fans.

“This was a big victory for the St. Louis region and the St. Louis Rams fan base,” said Bruning.

Also see: Buffa - St. Louis football fans have right to still be salty about Rams

There is a second part to this latest ruling. The judge also said PSL owners who bought their license after the original sale, with different language in their contracts, may still have valid PSL's with the right to buy season tickets to Rams games in Los Angeles. And that, Bruning says, could be a head ache to litigate.

His firm is focused on representing the original owners and their potential refunds.

Yeah right...Let's see this stand up under appeal...Eventually Stan will win and that will be it...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that Cooper or one of these rookies can jump start this offense and show these bums how it's done. How long is Fisher going to stick with his usual veterans like he does if they can't score a TD?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want either Wentz or Goff. Wanted the best WR or Oline guy we could get.

But once I had to pick, I wanted Wentz because of his mobility and toughness. We need some WRs and more talent on the Oline baaaaaad.
That's funny, because if he didn't work out I could see you for months if not years harping on 'The D2 Project QB".

Oh well, once we were all faced with the trade up, it all changed, didn't it.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Either way, I was more like Smed and a lot of us too, Goff was my third choice. I wanted Lynch and to forego any trade up, but I guess a lot of that scenario is mixed in with an after the fact scenario, so dealing with a scenario after the trade up, it was:

1A Wentz
1B Goff
Well, I'm sure if we had drafted Wentz, we'd hope more for the Joe Flacco success than the Brian Quick experiment. I'm with you though, I would've still rather have had Wentz instead of Goff with that first pick. Though one of these things is what I would've rather have had happen instead of what did:

1. Trade down a few spots, accumulate another pick or two later in the draft and draft Lynch.
2. Stay where we were and select either a CB, OL or a WR.

Because even if we had drafted Lynch and he was riding the bench for us for most of the year, at least we'd still have some picks to use for the next draft.