• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams already cut Titus Young

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Albert Breer:

Jeff Fisher confirms that the Rams will waive Titus Young today.

Fisher says the Rams claimed Titus Young so they could get time with him, and put him through an "extended interview process".

If Schwartz and Fisher couldn't handle Titus Young, his next team may be the Mean Machine.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might sign him, but only if he agrees to keep this hair style.
ncf_u_young01_400.jpg

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious - Stay clear Trent!

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I didn't follow him that closely in college, but was his character such a big issue then? Or during the draft process? I thought the main knock on him was his size, with perhaps a minor character question mark. Apparently not.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should do a commercial for In and Out Burger.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't follow him that closely in college, but was his character such a big issue then? Or during the draft process? I thought the main knock on him was his size, with perhaps a minor character question mark. Apparently not.

My girlfriend went to Boise State on an athletic scholarship the same time Young was there. When we talk football or watch football together players from Boise will get named and she will tell me about them. She told me a while ago he was a complete head case and an asshole, thought he was gods gift and no on could touch him.

On a side note she said Doug Martin was a class act and a nice, friendly guy.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

In 2007 he was suspended for a quarter of the team's bowl game and then in2008 he was suspended 10 games for a violation of team rules. He fought with a teammate and was charged with being a minor in possession of alcohol.

In the predraft process it was reported he was said to have showed up late to numerous meetings and workouts and was difficult for camp staff members and trainers to work with him.

After being drafted he ended up fighting with Louis Delmas while with the Lions, too. Those who have interviewed and spent time with him have used the words immature, strange, goofy, delusional, and overconfident when describing him. He's also been flagged in college and the pros for excessive celebrations as well.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for being as good as megatron

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2007 he was suspended for a quarter of the team's bowl game and then in2008 he was suspended 10 games for a violation of team rules. He fought with a teammate and was charged with being a minor in possession of alcohol.

In the predraft process it was reported he was said to have showed up late to numerous meetings and workouts and was difficult for camp staff members and trainers to work with him.

After being drafted he ended up fighting with Louis Delmas while with the Lions, too. Those who have interviewed and spent time with him have used the words immature, strange, goofy, delusional, and overconfident when describing him. He's also been flagged in college and the pros for excessive celebrations as well.

I don't want to overstate the Lions' character issues, but it's no surprise to me that they knew about this and still drafted him. (Though the Rams picking him up should negate that a little, unless it really was for interview purposes.) I guess someone was bound to do so and it might be a lower pick than it would if he were mature, but I just don't have that good of an impression on how Schwartz manages his players. I bet he thinks this stuff makes them tougher on the football field, if they can stay on the field without being cut, suspended, or in jail, that is. And yes, I know the majority of players are fine and having an attitude problem is not criminal.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want to overstate the Lions' character issues, but it's no surprise to me that they knew about this and still drafted him. (Though the Rams picking him up should negate that a little, unless it really was for interview purposes.) I guess someone was bound to do so and it might be a lower pick than it would if he were mature, but I just don't have that good of an impression on how Schwartz manages his players. I bet he thinks this stuff makes them tougher on the football field, if they can stay on the field without being cut, suspended, or in jail, that is. And yes, I know the majority of players are fine and having an attitude problem is not criminal.

The fact the Jeff Fisher coached Rams picked him up for any reason didn't surprise me. Have to admit that I was a little worried at the time that they picked him up.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among Young’s indiscretions last season in Detroit, he:

• Sucker-punched...

End of career. Thanks for playing. Dude's with room temp IQ's are calling you a jackass.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My girlfriend went to Boise State on an athletic scholarship the same time Young was there. When we talk football or watch football together players from Boise will get named and she will tell me about them. She told me a while ago he was a complete head case and an asshole, thought he was gods gift and no on could touch him.

On a side note she said Doug Martin was a class act and a nice, friendly guy.

I love Doug Martin's game. Looking back, I wish we would've drafted him. He would've been an ideal understudy/future replacement to Frank Gore, IMO. The dude's a beast. 28 bench press reps at the combine. He's gotta be one of the strongest running backs in the league.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Doug Martin's game. Looking back, I wish we would've drafted him. He would've been an ideal understudy/future replacement to Frank Gore, IMO. The dude's a beast. 28 bench press reps at the combine. He's gotta be one of the strongest running backs in the league.

Do you think Hunter was doing too well or that he was gone or not in the picture when we drafted?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Hunter was doing too well or that he was gone or not in the picture when we drafted?

This is all hindsight for me. Having three good backs in Gore, Hunter and Martin is not too many considering one of them probably doesn't have too much time left. Also, Hunter's on the small side and may not be able to be an every down back. I guess we wouldn't have picked LaMichael James in that case, and I like James, too.