• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Acquire #1 Pick

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At my age I can't change my my soul. The Rams are my team, at this moment Fisher and Snead are making the calls and lately they haven't been bad at the draft. Now some of the moves I can question but Donald and Gurley and even Austin have worked out. I wasn't on the side of drafting a QB at all until I saw what Mannion could do but when we were going to miss out on the playoffs last season and the Rams went back to Case from Foles and Mannion ready or not didn't see the field, it told me that they didn't think he was going to make it long term. Now you also take into the fact that it is the 49ers with the most picks in the draft, what does anyone think was going to happen? The Rams would be left out in the cold with 3 guys that can't and will never take us to the playoffs. They knew the 49ers were going to move up and get one of them so they made the deal. Now I don't know if it works out for us fans at all but I like the fact that they shut the 49ers out of one of them. I hope which ever one they pick works out for them, for us and has a long and fruitful career with lot of playoffs in his bio. I will root for the Rams because face it guys without that 1-15 or 2-14 season (we all know how that feels) a top 2 QB these days can't be gotten without risks. A lot for a chance, well that is what we got and I will continue to bleed with the Rams ever Sunday, right or wrong.:nod:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's hope Rashard Higgins is available in the 4th round. He was a stud in college.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because CB/S have NEVER been drafted #1 overall?

Most agree Ramsey or tonsil is the best player in the draft. Usually The team picking one needs a quarterback but that's not the case this year. The Titans want to pick Tunsil or Ramsey. Yes probably the tackle because they need one.

Its almost like he's saying you should tank games if the season is lost to improve your draft pick. hmm

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has got to be one of the dumbest moves of the year... I really can't fathom how stupid this franchise is...ditch StL keep a shit for brains coach and then trade away all your bargaining power to grab a decent WR. Knowing we have no OL ( still shitty in my opinion), 0 TE, 0 WR's and 0 OC. Glad i didn't buy any ram gear......if i did its def time to donate it to good will.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of quotes from the press conference today:

Fisher: "Stan (Kroenke) was very excited about this possibility."

Well, this solidifies my opinion on this being a horrible move. If Stan the dummy, who doesn't know a damn thing about running a successful franchise, thinks this is a good move, I'm inclined to think the opposite, which is that it's a horrible move.

Snead: "We do have a few players in mind." He smiles and refuses to name the players. "There will be some suspense."

The only suspense for me is why in the hell do these guys still have their jobs and how long after the season ends will both of these guys be around for.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they hadn't done this but Well now that it's done! RAMS!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T BLOW THE PICK. I would go for Goff. Accuracy wins championships and that kid is gold. There I said it. :heh: He will make Britt a superstar.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, expecting the Rams to make the right decision is wishful thinking.

I was really looking forward to the draft. Now, I'm not.

And thanks to this trade, we don't get to look forward to next years draft either.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you can bet in five years, we will know that Snisher will have chosen the wrong QB between the two as the one the Rams don't select ends up having a great career and the one Rams select ends up like RGIII.

They are yucking it up here in Phoenix on the sports talk radio. The two analysts I listened to on the way home from work were dumbfounded that the Rams would even consider giving up the boatload of picks they gave up to get the chance to select from two QBs that are not even close to being franchise QBs (their words). Then the topper. They played and audio sound byte of Jeff Fisher stating that Wentz will be in a superbowl in the future because he has that kind of talent. WHAT IN THE HELL? I laughed so hard I nearly ran off the road.

The more I think about this trade, the madder I get. How can a basically .500 coach with an offense that has been nothing but shit for his entire tenure and who can't find a decent OC suddenly know that Carson Wentz has the talent to be a superbowl QB?

This knucklehead is so out of control, he and Snead essentially have destroyed any possibility at really taking the next step for at least the next 3-4 years because nearly everyone I have listened to and read from agree: The draft is such a crap shoot, that the ideal is accumulate AS MANY DRAFT PICKS AS POSSIBLE TO MAKE YOUR TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER!!

These two stooges just did the opposite after they spent four years getting us a couple of steps out a huge whole by doing the same to Washington. Now they turn around and take it right up the ass from the Titans to do what? Create sensation? A couple of monkeys could have done better!

Last edited:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone stated earlier, Fisher must still have some sort of connection with Tennessee! He will most likely get fired here and return to Tennessee to win a Super Bowl from all of the talent that we gave them! :noidea:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you can bet in five years, we will know that Snisher will have chosen the wrong QB between the two as the one the Rams don't select ends up having a great career and the one Rams select ends up like RGIII.

They are yucking it up here in Phoenix on the sports talk radio. The two analysts I listened to on the way home from work were dumbfounded that the Rams would even consider giving up the boatload of picks they gave up to get the chance to select from two QBs that are not even close to being franchise QBs (their words). Then the topper. They played and audio sound byte of Jeff Fisher stating that Wentz will be in a superbowl in the future because he has that kind of talent. WHAT IN THE HELL? I laughed so hard I nearly ran off the road.

The more I think about this trade, the madder I get. How can a basically .500 coach with an offense that has been nothing but shit for his entire tenure and who can't find a decent OC suddenly know that Carson Wentz has the talent to be a superbowl QB?

This knucklehead is so out of control, he and Snead essentially have destroyed any possibility at really taking the next step for at least the next 3-4 years because nearly everyone I have listened to and read from agree: The draft is such a crap shoot, that the ideal is accumulate AS MANY DRAFT PICKS AS POSSIBLE TO MAKE YOUR TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER!!

These two stooges just did the opposite after they spent four years getting us a couple of steps out a huge whole by doing the same to Washington. Now they turn around and take it right up the ass from the Titans to do what? Create sensation? A couple of monkeys could have done better!

I thought I was angry last year about drafting Gurley but this one just has really set me off. My complaint last year was about drafting a running back early when we could've drafted a good one later. I never once doubted Gurley's ability though. By landing either Goff or Wentz, we are drafting someone with huge question marks that's not going to be helped out by our below average offensive line, horrible offensive coordinator and play calling. I have a bad feeling that this is just setting everyone and the organization up for a massive failure that'll take years to recover from.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 picks for a guy the Rams passed on last year? Not going to happen. He's your problem.

Soooo... Because the Rams passed on Hundley last year, it was the right thing to do?

Why do you think Hundley is a problem?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo... Because the Rams passed on Hundley last year, it was the right thing to do?

You're already giving up on him after a year; it was implied from your eagerness to sell him off.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cuz the last guy who rode the bench for Rogers was Matt Flynn

sorry couldn't do it

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're already giving up on him after a year; it was implied from your eagerness to sell him off.

On the contrary, I'm very eager to see what he will do this year. I've stated several times that I think Hundley has a very good chance to have as good -if not better- chance to be a quality starter in the NFL as Winston and Mariota and I would not be the least bit surprised if he ends up having the best career of all QBs taken last year when all is said and done.

Right now, Hundley's stock is relatively low. If he tears up the preseason again like I kinda anticipate he will, there will be quite a few teams contacting the Packers about trades and the Packers will end up getting a nice package for him. The Rams could've been that team for MUCH less cost than they're paying for the #1 pick this year.

cuz the last guy who rode the bench for Rogers was Matt Flynn

sorry couldn't do it

Actually, Scott Tolzien backed up Rodgers last year. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by San Francisco in 2011 and they couldn't do much with him. When he came to Green Bay, he learned a lot under McCarthy & Rodgers and became a decent backup. With the emergence of Hundley last year, they let Tolzien leave via unrestricted free agency and he's now backing up Luck in Indy.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Scott Tolzien backed up Rodgers last year. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by San Francisco in 2011 and they couldn't do much with him. When he came to Green Bay, he learned a lot under McCarthy & Rodgers and became a decent backup. With the emergence of Hundley last year, they let Tolzien leave via unrestricted free agency and he's now backing up Luck in Indy.

We need a Starter

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the contrary, I'm very eager to see what he will do this year. I've stated several times that I think Hundley has a very good chance to have as good -if not better- chance to be a quality starter in the NFL as Winston and Mariota and I would not be the least bit surprised if he ends up having the best career of all QBs taken last year when all is said and done.

Right now, Hundley's stock is relatively low. If he tears up the preseason again like I kinda anticipate he will, there will be quite a few teams contacting the Packers about trades and the Packers will end up getting a nice package for him. The Rams could've been that team for MUCH less cost than they're paying for the #1 pick this year.

2015 NFL Draft Profile: Brett Hundley

SOURCES TELL US
"Someone will draft him, but I don't think he will ever be a starter. He can't read coverages and struggles to process. It is going to take a few years before he looks like a backup in my opinion. He has a long way to go." -- AFC area scout
NFL COMPARISON
Jason Campbell
BOTTOM LINE
Hundley flashes athleticism and talent, but his basic quarterbacking issues will take time to improve. In 2014, more than 54 percent of his pass attempts were from six yards and in, including 29 percent from behind the line of scrimmage, which is nothing like an NFL offense. Hundley is a "flash" prospect who shows the physical tools to be a starter, but his internal clock and issues with reads and progressions must be improved to give him a shot at becoming a decent NFL starter.