• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Acquire #1 Pick

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NFL Draft Profile: Brett Hundley

SOURCES TELL US
"Someone will draft him, but I don't think he will ever be a starter. He can't read coverages and struggles to process. It is going to take a few years before he looks like a backup in my opinion. He has a long way to go." -- AFC area scout
NFL COMPARISON
Jason Campbell
BOTTOM LINE
Hundley flashes athleticism and talent, but his basic quarterbacking issues will take time to improve. In 2014, more than 54 percent of his pass attempts were from six yards and in, including 29 percent from behind the line of scrimmage, which is nothing like an NFL offense. Hundley is a "flash" prospect who shows the physical tools to be a starter, but his internal clock and issues with reads and progressions must be improved to give him a shot at becoming a decent NFL starter.

So because some scouts weren't high on him last year, he will always be crap? Scouts weren't high on Tom Brady in 2000 either.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is simply nuts. And now some of you want to believe that Goff or Wentz are going to come in and be better than a Hundley with a year of NFL experience under his belt. I think folks who believe that are drinking the same kool-aid as Snisher.

This is going to be a colossal screw-up and I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams end up going 6-10 or worse this year. RP-29 has explained why Hundley would have been a better selection than perhaps Mannion or Foles and we really could have landed him for way less than we wasted on Foles.

UVA_Guy has been stating all along what the accumulation of stupidity and now this mess is going to do to this franchise even if we moved to a new location. Kroneke is doing nothing to stop this BS and in fact he is supporting it.

I am telling you, we are right back to where we were when they hired Linehan except the talent level is greater. These jerk-offs just set us back 5 years at least!

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because some scouts weren't high on him last year, he will always be crap? Scouts weren't high on Tom Brady in 2000 either.

Of course not. However, to this point he hasn't proven anyone wrong. Expecting a 2nd rounder plus another pick for your undeveloped mid-5th rounder a year removed is homer-iffic.

Tom Brady played in a conventional system. Hundley is a spread guy. How many spread guys have excelled in the NFL to date?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting update on the trade:

The 2017 3rd rounder going to the Titans will be the compensatory pick (if the Rams get one). Compensatory picks are tradeable next year. If they don't, it will be the Rams regular 3rd rounder, with the Rams getting the Titans 2017 7th round pick.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 2017 3rd rounder going to the Titans will be the compensatory pick (if the Rams get one). Compensatory picks are tradeable next year. If they don't, it will be the Rams regular 3rd rounder, with the Rams getting the Titans 2017 7th round pick.

A day late and a dollar short :suds:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even more not to like...They get the 3rd no matter what? and we get back a whopping 7th rounder? Yay...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course our regular pick will be higher in the draft.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. However, to this point he hasn't proven anyone wrong. Expecting a 2nd rounder plus another pick for your undeveloped mid-5th rounder a year removed is homer-iffic.

Tom Brady played in a conventional system. Hundley is a spread guy. How many spread guys have excelled in the NFL to date?

This conversation is ridiculous.

Look, most of us agree Snead and Fisher are out of their minds for doing this trade, so any trade they make now would not surprise.

But, to think that they would trade for Hundley instead of this trade might be even crazier.

If they weren't willing to give their own 3rd round QB a chance ( whom they took ahead of Hundley ), then why in the hell you they give up any pick to get Hundley?

That would actually look worse than this trade because everyone would be saying, why draft Mannion over Hundley in the first place only to trade for Hundley without even seeing what you have in Mannion. Let alone giving up the picks that have been suggested in the hypothetical trade.

I hate this trade for the #1 pick, but I would've hated that hypothetical trade even more.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more not to like...They get the 3rd no matter what? and we get back a whopping 7th rounder? Yay...
No, I actually like it better than what was first released.

We now at least get a 7th rounder in return if we don't get a compensatory pick in the 3rd next year. That's better than what was first released under this deal.

If we do get the compensatory pick, the Titans will get the worst of the two 3rd rounders as compensatory picks come after the regular draft picks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We now at least get a 7th rounder in return if we don't get a compensatory pick in the 3rd next year. That's better than what was first released under this deal.

If we do get the compensatory pick, the Titans will get the worst of the two 3rd rounders as compensatory picks come after the regular draft picks.

Agreed. I wish the bonus pick was more than a 7th though, as it would cost more than a 7th to move up in the third, unless you think the Rams are going deep in the playoffs this year (lol).

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't hold much confidence in us picking 7th rounders. So yes, I suppose its nice to get a pick back, I figure we'll likely waste it anyway...Probably take another QB, or maybe select the second player to come out and say he's gay?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get a 7th rounder back. Isn't that rich? We give away the farm in argubly the dumbest transaction yet and people are discussing the merits of getting a 7th rounder back. Why wasn't it a 4th or at least a 5th? This is my point. Snead got used like a rent goalie in some sort of orgasmic haze that he and Fisher whipped themselves into and any and all reasoning went right down the toilet. Robinson schooled these two stooges like no tomorrow and the Titans, if they are smart, and they are, are going to be a force for the next decade. Remember what Jimmy Johnson did with the Hershel Walker trade?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get a 7th rounder back. Isn't that rich? We give away the farm in argubly the dumbest transaction yet and people are discussing the merits of getting a 7th rounder back. Why wasn't it a 4th or at least a 5th? This is my point. Snead got used like a rent goalie in some sort of orgasmic haze that he and Fisher whipped themselves into and any and all reasoning went right down the toilet. Robinson schooled these two stooges like no tomorrow and the Titans, if they are smart, and they are, are going to be a force for the next decade. Remember what Jimmy Johnson did with the Hershel Walker trade?

"Orgasmic Haze" Thats some funny shit there. lmao!!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we are talking now about the Los Angeles Rams now and the climate and circumstances have changed since the bitch took them away. Los Angeles Rams! Home of the Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Kings and Ducks to include Orange County. A new stadium is being built and now not only do they have to reward a loyal fan base that stayed with them in the St Louis years but build a life line to a population that has never had a team in LA. Kids and adults that have never had a team except to look at one either south in San Diego or north in the bay area. The Rams have one of the better defenses in the NFL, the best young running back, spent the last draft on the o-line, now you want them to go forward with 2nd rate quarterbacks? Marshall Faulk says it best, without a quarterback the Rams will waste what they have. I didn't want this but it might be the only way the Rams get past the status we haven't enjoyed.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we are talking now about the Los Angeles Rams now and the climate and circumstances have changed since the bitch took them away. Los Angeles Rams! Home of the Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Kings and Ducks to include Orange County. A new stadium is being built and now not only do they have to reward a loyal fan base that stayed with them in the St Louis years but build a life line to a population that has never had a team in LA. Kids and adults that have never had a team except to look at one either south in San Diego or north in the bay area. The Rams have one of the better defenses in the NFL, the best young running back, spent the last draft on the o-line, now you want them to go forward with 2nd rate quarterbacks? Marshall Faulk says it best, without a quarterback the Rams will waste what they have. I didn't want this but it might be the only way the Rams get past the status we haven't enjoyed.

I 100% respect what you are saying but here's the thing...With the type of offense we run, you don't need a "big time" QB to run it to be successful...This trade was about making a "Splash" in LA and nothing more...Not saying Keenum was our guy and our QB of the future, AT ALLl. But not sure hamstringing our franchise for the next few years was the right move...Still wonder who this QB will be throwing to besides Austin...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody was disputing the fact that the team needs a QB in the worst way. There isn't one guy coming out of this draft that was worth all of the picks that were given away. I'd have rather kept the picks, stayed at 15 and gone with Lynch and used those other picks on players that could still contribute as well and made the team even better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, they only get a 7th rounder if they don't get a compensatory pick. The real improvement is that the 3rd rounder will be the lower of the 2 likely 3rd rounders.

Again, Rams gave up less than the Redskins did to move up 10 more spots, the biggest move ever to the #1 spot. The trade value, as shocking as it is, is decent value.