• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Acquire #1 Pick

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles would be easier to part with, given Keenum's status as interim starter until the rookie is ready. If they plan to throw the rookie in right away, either could be moved.

That said, if they get a solid offer for Keenum, I would hope they would take it.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is where we can get one of seconds or even a third back this year. Maybe a second and a fourth would do it this year. Come on Snisher, get your head out of your asses just for a second and call Elway.

One specific team may have interest in Rams QB Case Keenum

I seriously doubt that there are any teams stupid enough to give up those high picks for either Foles or Keenum but if they were, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. We'd be lucky to get a 5th rounder back at best I believe.

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like Keenum is going anywhere anytime soon:

Rams re-signed QB Case Keenum to a one-year, $3.635 million contract.

Keenum was laughably tendered at the first-round level as the Rams pretended he would be their 2016 starter, but that's out the window now after their daring trade up to No. 1 overall. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport has speculated Keenum could be a trade candidate, but it's unlikely at that salary. Keenum will caddie for whichever signal caller the Rams make the first pick of the draft, perhaps starting the first few games of the season.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to find a taker for Foles and/or Mannion.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like Keenum is going anywhere anytime soon:

Rams re-signed QB Case Keenum to a one-year, $3.635 million contract.

Keenum was laughably tendered at the first-round level as the Rams pretended he would be their 2016 starter, but that's out the window now after their daring trade up to No. 1 overall. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport has speculated Keenum could be a trade candidate, but it's unlikely at that salary. Keenum will caddie for whichever signal caller the Rams make the first pick of the draft, perhaps starting the first few games of the season.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

On second thought, this actually makes Case MORE tradeable, since that ridiculous 1st round tender is gone.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most consequential NFL trades of the last few years was hatched thanks to ... secret trips to the bathroom?

According to Los Angeles Rams general manager Les Snead, his team shared an adjacent suite with the Titans at the scouting combine this year and the pair pretended to hit the restroom at the same time to talk about a deal for the No. 1 pick.

"It was easy for Jon (Robinson) and I to sneak out the back of the suite there, and act like we were going to the restroom, and then chat about the pick," Snead said, via the team's official site.

Snead was focused on the Titans because there was a great deal of uncertainty with the team picking No. 2 (the Browns).

"I did talk to people in the top five, but they're good buddies of mine, so ... on the long commute here (to Oxnard), I've got to have something to do," Snead said. "But I think we focused in on (No.) 1, because you didn't know what was going to happen at 2. And, hey, if you want something, go get it."

Snead's anecdote confirms that some level of conniving still exists in the NFL. Even though the sport has moved away from its Wild West days, there is still a need to sneak out to the bathroom with another general manager to talk about swinging a deal that will throttle draft boards for just about every team in the top 15. However, we wonder why, with the advent of cell phones, this was an absolute necessity. Maybe this gives momentum to the theory that this is still a people business -- you need to read facial expressions and tone just as much as anything.

Enterprising reporters would do well to stake out the restrooms next year in Indianapolis.

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-18_17-13-14.gif
    upload_2016-4-18_17-13-14.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 28

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deciding the details over a game of battleshits!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What qb do you want v-mike? :scratch:
Honestly zeke, I really don't care. We just wont be carrying 4 QB's, that's for sure.

I do think the Rams thought, if they couldn't get some sort of deal done for another QB this season, they would go with Case as their No. 1.

I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't move Foles, that they would just cut their losses this year and cut him prior the the 53 man cut.

Foles' 2016 salary ($1.75M), signing bonus ($1M) and roster bonus ($6M) are already guaranteed (3/13/16). Next seasons salary ($10M) is voidable so I would think his cap hit and dead money shouldn't count against the Rams cap.

Both Case and Sean are cheap to keep.

What do you want?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't move Foles, that they would just cut their losses this year and cut him prior the the 53 man cut.

Foles' 2016 salary ($1.75M), signing bonus ($1M) and roster bonus ($6M) are already guaranteed (3/13/16). Next seasons salary ($10M) is voidable so I would think his cap hit and dead money shouldn't count against the Rams cap.

In terms of trade however, Foles' bonuses are already paid. The trading team would only be on the hook for the $1.75M this year (and next year's voidable dollars).

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Foles to the Broncos for a case of toilet paper, since this whole thing started in a head!
You know blue, as stunning as this deal was, I was surprised NOT to read about a bathroom stall foot tap of some sorts, after reading a men's room was involved in the story .... :dhd:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly zeke, I really don't care. We just wont be carrying 4 QB's, that's for sure.

I do think the Rams thought, if they couldn't get some sort of deal done for another QB this season, they would go with Case as their No. 1.

What do you want?

I wasn't happy at first, but I've accepted the fact that it is reality. I just hope we make the smart choice of the 2. As we gave up a lot for this.

I agree, something's got to give as far as getting rid of one of our 3 qbs. I thinking Foles will be gone. Maybe if we play our cards right we could trade him for a stud receiver or draft pick. Maybe on daft day someone will swing a deal! Denver, San Fran and Philly could pull the trigger on either Foles/Keenum. Keep an eye on San Fran as they are still trying to dump Kapernick as well. Right now our offence hasn't really improved at all from last year, if anything we are worse off(see Tre mason/Stedman Bailey) Our new signal caller needs weapons!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Foles to the Broncos for a case of toilet paper, since this whole thing started in a head!

The Broncos want Case Keenum........Well then we could trade a case for a Case! :yo:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are ALWAYS looking for a QB and maybe we can entice Cleveland to take him for a fifth rounder.