• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 2017 free agency talk

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Vita. The Center Ryan Groy who is just sitting there for the taking. And since we are adding aging vets, why not sign Adrian Petersen to a 1 year incentive-laden, show-me contract?

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Vita. The Center Ryan Groy who just sitting there for the taking. And since we are adding aging vets, why not sign Adrian Petersen to a 1 year incentive-laden, show-me contract?
I'm looking closer at Hightower than AP....

He'll probably get somewhere between $10-$13M.

That gives us Quinn, Tree, Hightower, & Joyner!

Look out!

And still leaves $4-$7M to get the center, depth spots, and rooks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as though Kendricks has followed his buddy Jared Cook to the Packers. Cook is thinking of re-upping with the Packers and now Kendricks has joined Martellus Bennett as well.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hightower might make it here but his extensive injury history with his lower extremities may not get him past the team physical, the reason given for getting rid of Eugene Sims. I'd much rather the Rams focus on Zach Brown who may be just as good and will be much cheaper.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we once again waited too long as the Bills have tendered Groy. We don't even have a first round pick to bargain with. Typical.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we once again waited too long as the Bills have tendered Groy. We don't even have a first round pick to bargain with. Typical.
I think we are still okay Retro, from what I'm reading the offer, which was made on the 7th, is for the low level tender.

This tender guarantees Groy ~$1.8M, and allows the Bills the right to match any other teams offer, if they decline to match the offer, they get no compensation.

Bills tender RFA OL Groy

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Mangold is rated the number four best FA to sign a 1 year deal. Even though his foot injury is prohibitive, he has been rated consistently pretty high and since we are adding aging vets on the O-line for similar reasons, Mangold may be yet another stop-gap measure.

The guy I think they really should go with is Cody Wichmann. I think he could take over the Center spot for us and be better than Barnes with the coaching of our new wiz-coach on the OLine.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am convinced, now more than ever, that Snead and Demoff may be the problem for continued screw-ups and miscues with player personnel and this consistent practice of over-paying players who just aren't worth the money the Rams give them. This article suggests that instead of negotiating a long-term deal with Tru last year, we are going to overpay for a player who is not considered an elite corner this year.

The article states that we worked ourselves into this mess because we didn't bother last year to actually do the hard work of a long-term deal with Tru and now we may be stuck with the guy overpaying him. This is supported by the fact that most other interested clubs do not think he is a shut-down corner and worth the bucks he is going to get as a franchised player.

NFL Insider: Trade 'rumors' surrounding Rams' Trumaine Johnson don't add up

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.J McDonald may return to the Rams because to date, no teams have contacted McDonald and remains a man without a team. If re-signed Quick, Zuerlein, and McDonald, I would consider the FA period for the Rams to be decent to good.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.J McDonald may return to the Rams because to date, no teams have contacted McDonald and remains a man without a team. If re-signed Quick, Zuerlein, and McDonald, I would consider the FA period for the Rams to be decent to good.

With the cap room we just opened up, we should def be able to keep McDonald IF Phillips wants him back...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking closer at Hightower than AP....

He'll probably get somewhere between $10-$13M.

That gives us Quinn, Tree, Hightower, & Joyner!

Look out!

And still leaves $4-$7M to get the center, depth spots, and rooks.

that would be amazing.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am convinced, now more than ever, that Snead and Demoff may be the problem for continued screw-ups and miscues with player personnel and this consistent practice of over-paying players who just aren't worth the money the Rams give them. This article suggests that instead of negotiating a long-term deal with Tru last year, we are going to overpay for a player who is not considered an elite corner this year.

The article states that we worked ourselves into this mess because we didn't bother last year to actually do the hard work of a long-term deal with Tru and now we may be stuck with the guy overpaying him. This is supported by the fact that most other interested clubs do not think he is a shut-down corner and worth the bucks he is going to get as a franchised player.

NFL Insider: Trade 'rumors' surrounding Rams' Trumaine Johnson don't add up

This is what I said when they Franchised him. Makes no sense. they would have been better off overpaying Gilmore or Bouye long term. Now they will overpay Johnson one year and then lose him next year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a number of "rumor" articles, expect to see the Rams get rid of any vestige of Fisher's tenure. There is pretty good evidence to indicate that McVay and Snisher are going to let Britt and Trumaine Johnson walk although the latter may reverse this trend with some lobbying.

One article at Walter Football went so far as to state that Jared Goff may be gone as well as he is the face of the Fisher 7-9 BS. This was interesting because the logical conclusion is that Kirk Cousins may be in the mix to come to LA. Nothing mentioned about Mannion.

Also, expect to see Desean Jackson in a Rams uniform. He was born and raised in LA and loves to play for McVay, Olson, and Lafleur and McVay wants him to come to LA.

I have seen mentioned that GRob and other undiscipline players like him could be gone and there could be draft day packages to obtain draft picks.

This all sounds good to me. I hope McVay pulls the trigger on a Goff deal or any a number of these players and we start fresh.
I'm surprised the Rams cut Kendricks.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higbee really fits McVays system better anyway