• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 2017 free agency talk

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy, and was replaced with two more guys this week. Cook dropped passes when it really counted, as expected.
Actually it was his clutch catch in the playoffs versus the Cowboys that got the Packers into the NFC Championship game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it was his clutch catch in the playoffs versus the Cowboys that got the Packers into the NFC Championship game.

...and his numerous drops to stall drives that kept the Packers from competing vs the Falcons.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as though Kendricks has followed his buddy Jared Cook to the Packers. Cook is thinking of re-upping with the Packers and now Kendricks has joined Martellus Bennett as well.
The Packers broke off negotiations with Cook.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got cap space to burn. They'll front load these contracts to open up cap space next season and beyond.
The 49ers should be more concerned about getting a decent QB.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Kendricks will thrive with Aaron Rodgers throwing to him. The Rams lack a QB that can consistently produce. Just look at how Cook thrived in Green Bay after he left the Rams.
Both were more receivers being utilized more as blockers in Fishers ground and pound offense, and both struggled because of it.

I liken theses receiving TE to Power Forwards, if all they are there for is the dirty work, when you ask them to shoot a big shot, they fail. Same with especially Cook and partially Kendricks. They would be asked to move in tight and do the dirty work and on 3rd downs either block downfield (Which both guys did each of those thing not too well) or catch the big important 3rd down to keep significant drives alive, and time after time they would fail to come up with the important grab, just like the Power Forwards. Now if you get those PF's shooting all game, keep them involved, they can come up with the big shot (Ala Big Shot Rob of the Lakers past Champions), and it's the same with Cook and Kendricks to a degree.

In Green Bay Cookie was used extensively in the passing game and did light duty pass/run blocking or blocking down field.

In other words, Cook was a good fit in the Packers offensive scheme, and both Cook and Kendricks were reaches in Fishers scheme.

All I really know about McVay regarding TE's is that he was the Assistant TE Coach and then the TE Coach in Washington prior to being promoted to the Offensive Coordinator.

With that, I'm guessing McVay has a pretty good idea on what attributes he needs to fill the TE roles in his offense, very much unlike his predecessor who didn't have a clue if Kendricks and Cook were any indication.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Packers have cut off talks with Cook so he is done there. We screwed the pooch when we didn't even make an attempt on the Martellus Bennett sweeps.

Apparently Kaepernick is reaping a colluded FA market. Dumbass. Nobody is interested to date.

Free agent market quiet and polarized on Colin Kaepernick front

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this continues, Kaepernick may be flippin burgers for a living, and rightly so. Maybe this dope will stand next time the anthem is played.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why Phillips likes Webster so much. He is rated the 42nd best CB available. We have competition from the Jets and Eagles. If we want to bring in Hightower at LB, we'd better get on the stick because he is visiting the Jets and is seriously thinking of re-upping with the Patriots.

Elsewhere, T.J. Lang signed with the Lions, Adrian Petersen is headed to Seattle for a visit, and Groy is still available for the right salary.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this continues, Kaepernick may be flippin burgers for a living, and rightly so. Maybe this dope will stand next time the anthem is played.
He said he was done with the kneeling bit...

Some are saying now that he has something to lose, he is selling out, and I can't say I disagree.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this continues, Kaepernick may be flippin burgers for a living, and rightly so. Maybe this dope will stand next time the anthem is played
He will but it will be the Canadian anthem, no NFL owner wants him around infecting their team and pissing off their fans.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3