• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders to start Terrelle Pryor on Sunday

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this was going to happen once I saw Leinart was playing last game. I know this isn't fair, but the fact that he chose to go behind an established Schaub instead of fighting it out in Arizona where he had a great chance either through injury or ineffectiveness of Skelton, told me that he might not be prepared if Palmer gets knocked out. The fact that Alex Smith chose to fight it out here told me that Harbaugh could reach him. Not saying that Alex is great nor that I thought he'd be great, but I knew he'd be ready for the challenge.

I don't know how much of it was preparation, how much of it was skill, or how much of it was just his teammates or coaching, but Leinart did not perform like he was ready to take the job in the Panthers game last week. I know this is apples to oranges, but in 2009, Alex was ready to take over for Hill in that Houston game, granted Smith knew the personnel and stuff from playing two years before. Leinart has the same OC as at USC and is backing up the same QB as he did at USC, right? Not sure on the OC thing. 2012 Carolina compares to Houston in 2010? Not sure, but both were on the road and neither were/are that great (yes, Cam's playing better now - 17 should be beatable.) Even Kaepernick was more prepared than Leinart, a guy who started some games already.

I'm glad for his sake that Leinart did defend himself and say he wants to start and prove himself - not that I expected anything different.

Matt Leinart struggled for Oakland Raiders, OC says | News | NFL.com

Edit: Correction, he said this before the news that he wasn't starting. I still assume he's pissed, just as a default. It's harder to party when you aren't the starting quarterback. Oh, and technically, teams don't have six years of tape on Leinart.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The competitor in me wants to play, wants to start, but I do understand that they need to evaluate him, and I get that," Leinart said. "Obviously, you're not happy by any means, but at the same time I'm a team player. I've learned a lot this year, and I'm happy to help."

Terrelle Pryor of Oakland Raiders to start at QB vs. Chargers - ESPN