• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders to hire Dennis Allen

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Report: Raiders to hire Dennis Allen | ProFootballTalk

And the Denver Broncos will have yet another new defensive coordinator in 2012.

Jay Glazer of FOX and Adam Schefter of ESPN report that the Raiders will hire Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen to be Oakland’s new head coach. He’ll be the 19th coach in franchise history, and the ninth since the team returned from Los Angeles in 1995.

Allen will be the first Raiders coach with a defensive background since John Madden, the longest-tenured coach in franchise history with nine seasons on the job.

The 39-year-old Georgia native’s NFL career began with the Falcons in 2002. After four years in Atlanta, Allen joined Sean Payton in New Orleans, spending five seasons with the Saints.

Allen uses a 4-3 defense, the same attack the Raiders currently employ. New G.M. Reggie McKenzie suggested during his introductory press conference that the team possibly will switch to a 3-4.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the sense their GM and new HC suck for some reason.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew, when they started saying that Dom Capers might get the job in Oakland, I was worried that he'd steal Fangio away... as Vic was Capers DC in Carolina and Texas. You know, pull the BFF card like Fisher did with Gregg Williams.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whew, when they started saying that Dom Capers might get the job in Oakland, I was worried that he'd steal Fangio away... as Vic was Capers DC in Carolina and Texas. You know, pull the BFF card like Fisher did with Gregg Williams.

Williams was a free agent. His contract was up. If Fangio were to leave, we would first have to grant him permission (unless it was for a HC position).

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams was a free agent. His contract was up. If Fangio were to leave, we would first have to grant him permission (unless it was for a HC position).

Oh, he was? I thought they reported it as Williams asking to be let out of his contract.