• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders moving to Vegas?? ...Maybe not after all.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...I think this is where Goldman Sachs comes in. If they bail...he is SOFL.
Which they did bail. They told the Raiders their investment was only happening if the other guy was a part of it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which they did bail. They told the Raiders their investment was only happening if the other guy was a part of it.

I've read that. Is that final?

Oh well...it's back to the shit hole that is Oakland Alameda.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing "San Diego Raiders" trend on twitter scared me, can't believe it's even being talked about. Doubt that ever happens, but Spanos would really be fucked if it did.

"Tijuana Raiders" feel better?

vuiFa0fGBqjF5EMQ6NiHyjCuDoNeuHj-Tq5UtOMzL3OieY8-Dw6F8RklFpaBRJvKEaE4Bbq0Et3gCm3IG2W-=w506-h380

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that. Is that final?

Oh well...it's back to the shit hole that is Oakland Alameda.

The way I understand it Sachs pretty much said from the beginning that we are in this only if what's his name is in it. Now that he has pulled out Sachs is going to hold to their word and pull out too. Just seems crazy that the Raiders didn't think to invite their biggest investor to be a part of an important meeting. I don't blame him for jumping out. This is a huge investment and if I am putting that kind of money forward I want to be a part of everything.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be interesting. To me San Diego would be a prime market, they never should have lost the Chargers IMO.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I understand it Sachs pretty much said from the beginning that we are in this only if what's his name is in it. Now that he has pulled out Sachs is going to hold to their word and pull out too. Just seems crazy that the Raiders didn't think to invite their biggest investor to be a part of an important meeting. I don't blame him for jumping out. This is a huge investment and if I am putting that kind of money forward I want to be a part of everything.

That was my thinking here as well. Whatever happens to Davis and the Raiders is his own undoing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thinking here as well. Whatever happens to Davis and the Raiders is his own undoing.

Agreed. I mean as a Bronco fan this makes me smile a bit to see them have to squirm now to figure out what the heck they can do. Can't stay in Oakland because well the stadium is truly falling apart but the city doesn't want to pay for a new one. Vegas I think still wants them and maybe they can find some new investors but now this could set everything back a few years. San Diego I do think wants them but would never want to fit the bill that would be asked of them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I mean as a Bronco fan this makes me smile a bit to see them have to squirm now to figure out what the heck they can do. Can't stay in Oakland because well the stadium is truly falling apart but the city doesn't want to pay for a new one. Vegas I think still wants them and maybe they can find some new investors but now this could set everything back a few years. San Diego I do think wants them but would never want to fit the bill that would be asked of them.

You know what I think will end up happening...the city of OAK will come up with a plan/investors, to help Davis and the NFL will pitch in and something will get done there. Maybe between OAK and Sacramento

Absent of that...where do they go? I see the SD stuff, but that's far fetched.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I think will end up happening...the city of OAK will come up with a plan/investors, to help Davis and the NFL will pitch in and something will get done there. Maybe between OAK and Sacramento

Absent of that...where do they go? I see the SD stuff, but that's far fetched.

Yeah it makes the most sense. Nobody has to come up with the relocation fee that is such a ridiculous amount. Can put that towards the stadium instead. I don't know though with just the price of stadiums these days doesn't seem like investors really want to put their money towards Oakland.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it makes the most sense. Nobody has to come up with the relocation fee that is such a ridiculous amount. Can put that towards the stadium instead. I don't know though with just the price of stadiums these days doesn't seem like investors really want to put their money towards Oakland.

It's tough to get funding for any large scale project in OAK. They lost the Warriors to the other side of the bay...49ers got a new venue, Giants got a new venue.

My brother in law (the KC fan) lives outside of Sacramento, 90 mi from SF/OAK area...he has in own contracting biz and sometimes takes bigger jobs down there and he say...OAK is like a morgue biz wise...I haven't been out there in 20 yrs, but it was not in great shape back then.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to get funding for any large scale project in OAK. They lost the Warriors to the other side of the bay...49ers got a new venue, Giants got a new venue.

My brother in law (the KC fan) lives outside of Sacramento, 90 mi from SF/OAK area...he has in own contracting biz and sometimes takes bigger jobs down there and he say...OAK is like a morgue biz wise...I haven't been out there in 20 yrs, but it was not in great shape back then.

Yeah that is a good way to describe it from what I have been told. With San Fran so close a lot of bigger businesses are seeing better opportunities their than in Oakland. Oakland has developed a terrible reputation unfortunately of crime and poverty in the area that has made a lot of financial backers be on edge. At least with Vegas there is a ton of money going in and out of the city making it much easier for a business man to invest.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I'm getting a little fed up with the NFL talk in my town. Fuck the NFL, let's roll out the red carpet for the MLS expansion and hope we get picked. At least those guys are willing to put up their own money, something that can't be said for Spanos or Davis.

Raiders should just hit the pause button. Focus on playing good football and winning playoff games - the best way to get public approval for a stadium - in Oakland

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only good thing about Oakland is the airport (OAK). Cheaper and easier to use than SFO and the BART system works fine to get from OAK to downtown San Francisco.