• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders moving to Vegas?? ...Maybe not after all.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders were only contributing 500M to the Vegas project, I doubt they'll commit 1B to Oakland.

True. Reportedly since the investor has dropped out, Davis has ramped up his contribution to 1B (with Goldman Sachs support) to keep the Vegas deal alive.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing "San Diego Raiders" trend on twitter scared me, can't believe it's even being talked about. Doubt that ever happens, but Spanos would really be fucked if it did.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing "San Diego Raiders" trend on twitter scared me, can't believe it's even being talked about. Doubt that ever happens, but Spanos would really be fucked if it did.
If it does happen they should send in a camera crew with that guy from the show Cheaters to break the news. I'd pay to see that.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldman Sachs officially out of the Raiders deal.

Sources: Goldman Sachs pulls out of Raiders deal

According to a San Diego Union Tribune report, San Diego's mayor reached out to the NFL saying the city would be willing to talk about adopting the Raiders. San Diego lost the Chargers to Los Angeles in January. In addition to the mayor contacting the league, sources told the newspaper that another person representing the city attempted to reach a Raiders official.

Well that went from pipe dream to mild longshot in a hurry...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldman Sachs officially out of the Raiders deal.

Sources: Goldman Sachs pulls out of Raiders deal

tumblr_mm8qn6Ol2h1spzpfdo1_400.gif

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Reportedly since the investor has dropped out, Davis has ramped up his contribution to 1B (with Goldman Sachs support) to keep the Vegas deal alive.

Well this can't be true as Davis doesn't have $1 billion to spend. He is barely worth half that and that isn't cash on hand. So unless he is taking out some ridiculous loan that nobody would give him I just can't see him being able to move forward with this deal in Vegas without these investors.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this can't be true as Davis doesn't have $1 billion to spend. He is barely worth half that and that isn't cash on hand. So unless he is taking out some ridiculous loan that nobody would give him I just can't see him being able to move forward with this deal in Vegas without these investors.
Exactly. And he also has to pay the $650 million relocation fee.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And he also has to pay the $650 million relocation fee.

Haha he doesn't even have that much. Right now he is valued at $500 million. One of the poorest owners in the NFL. He was needing those investors just to help in paying for the move itself. So again now that they have dropped out hard to see them moving any time soon. Also why I don't see them moving to San Diego. It would actually cost more for San Diego to move the Raiders there than to have kept the Chargers. If they were not willing to spend that much to keep their team in San Diego they are not going to be willing to pay even more to bring in another.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe one of the biggest blunders in NFL history happening here with the Raiders. Lost more than $1 billion all because you didn't invite your top investor to an important meeting.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe one of the biggest blunders in NFL history happening here with the Raiders. Lost more than $1 billion all because you didn't invite your top investor to an important meeting.

AT2UqbP.gif

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha he doesn't even have that much. Right now he is valued at $500 million. One of the poorest owners in the NFL. He was needing those investors just to help in paying for the move itself. So again now that they have dropped out hard to see them moving any time soon. Also why I don't see them moving to San Diego. It would actually cost more for San Diego to move the Raiders there than to have kept the Chargers. If they were not willing to spend that much to keep their team in San Diego they are not going to be willing to pay even more to bring in another.
I agree, but the city/county did offer $375 million for a stadium at the Qualcomm site. Spanos didn't want it. The same offer is apparently available to another team, but I agree that it's probably not enough to get the Raiders here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but the city/county did offer $375 million for a stadium at the Qualcomm site. Spanos didn't want it. The same offer is apparently available to another team, but I agree that it's probably not enough to get the Raiders here.

Like I said they will need somebody just to cover the moving fee. The NFL has said they are willing to lower the price a bit or at least delay when it needs to be paid but that still is a huge chunk of change. Big reason we don't see teams move very often as no owner wants to pay that type of money just to move across the country. With Davis really he needs people who are willing to pretty much take on almost the entire bill.

Heck there is talk that they struggle in FA because they can't always offer at on of up front cash. They might have a ton of cap space but there is a big difference between cap space and cash space.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is a team run by Lloyd Christmas.
jC2j3my.gif

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is a team run by Lloyd Christmas.
jC2j3my.gif

Haha you should read the stories about just how weird this dude really is. Drives around in a 1997 minivan. Still has a phone from 2003. Every day goes to a PF Changs to drink a cup of tea and read the newspaper and calls it is his office. Has only had like 3 barbers his entire life and will actually fly to his barber if he has to because he just likes the guy so much

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha you should read the stories about just how weird this dude really is. Drives around in a 1997 minivan. Still has a phone from 2003. Every day goes to a PF Changs to drink a cup of tea and read the newspaper and calls it is his office. Has only had like 3 barbers his entire life and will actually fly to his barber if he has to because he just likes the guy so much
Yeah I've heard many of these stories. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some collusion between owners to put him in a position where his best option is to sell the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I've heard many of these stories. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some collusion between owners to put him in a position where his best option is to sell the team.

Well his dad did tick off pretty much every owner in the league at some point. Big reason why they offered the move to LA to the Chargers over the Raiders even if it made more sense for the Raiders to move back to LA. They also probably would like an owner with a bit more money to handle things. Seems like right now with this whole deal falling apart quickly the Raiders really are being put in a terrible spot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed...I think this is where Goldman Sachs comes in. If they bail...he is SOFL.