• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders moving to Vegas?? ...Maybe not after all.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly they should just stay in the Bay area, hell they'll be the hottest ticket in town with the 49ers trying to prove stupid is as stupid does....

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly they should just stay in the Bay area, hell they'll be the hottest ticket in town with the 49ers trying to prove stupid is as stupid does....

I don't know, I see the Raiders making a KILLING in vegas.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the above poster, there is way too much money to be made in Vegas especially with a brand new stadium. So I think it would take something completely unforeseen to have them stay in Oakland.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it, bring 'em to San Diego. If the Raiders can convert ex-Charger fans to Raider fans that pretty much leaves Spanos without a fanbase.

It'll never happen though, and it would probably take me a few years to convert after hating them my whole life.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it, bring 'em to San Diego. If the Raiders can convert ex-Charger fans to Raider fans that pretty much leaves Spanos without a fanbase.

It'll never happen though, and it would probably take me a few years to convert after hating them my whole life.

Convert? They are already here:

635814493552011311-fans.JPG

47326214aabc66a28fc3a2b3da290473.jpg

Shoulder pads and all!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a perfect world, Davis and Spanos should be stripped of their teams and new ownership keep them in their respective cities with new stadiums.

In the real world...to me it seems kind of dumb to exclude the main money man out of major team decisions so if it did happen like that and this LV deal blows up in Davis' face, he should be stuck in OAK and maybe the worst stadium in America.

That said, most of the owners seemed to be leaning in favor of Vegas, so I don't see why Goldman would not back Davis in his effort to come up with funding.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world, Davis and Spanos should be stripped of their teams and new ownership keep them in their respective cities with new stadiums.

In the real world...to me it seems kind of dumb to exclude the main money man out of major team decisions so if it did happen like that and this LV deal blows up in Davis' face, he should be stuck in OAK and maybe the worst stadium in America.

That said, most of the owners seemed to be leaning in favor of Vegas, so I don't see why Goldman would not back Davis in his effort to come up with funding.

Both franchises have been trying for some time to get new stadiums where they are now to no avail.

Raiders just need another investor to step up now that Adelson has dropped out (and really, that might be for the best), and it sounds like they may have options available.

The Raiders deeply appreciate the efforts of the Adelson family to bring the Raiders to Las Vegas. We know this project could not have advanced to this point without them. The Raiders remain steadfast in honoring Mark Davis' commitment to Governor Sandoval and the State of Nevada to pursue relocation to Las Vegas.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both franchises have been trying for some time to get new stadiums where they are now to no avail.

Raiders just need another investor to step up now that Adelson has dropped out (and really, that might be for the best), and it sounds like they may have options available.

SD...from afar, the more you uncover, you start to gather that SD really did want to keep the Chargers and were more willing to help fund a stadium, just not where Spanos wanted it located. Don't blame him for wanting it downtown SD, but if you don't have the funding to do it, and you can get a new stadium in a another part of town you compromise if you were really committed to that city.

OAK...having spent a little time there. I just don't see it happening, not with tax payer money. What is a little strange though...if Davis is attempting to come up with the now reported billion dollars...surely he could get a sweet land deal in the OAK area and build an open air stadium there. No?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, that would be great. No city has ever upgraded teams faster.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD...from afar, the more you uncover, you start to gather that SD really did want to keep the Chargers and were more willing to help fund a stadium, just not where Spanos wanted it located. Don't blame him for wanting it downtown SD, but if you don't have the funding to do it, and you can get a new stadium in a another part of town you compromise if you were really committed to that city.

OAK...having spent a little time there. I just don't see it happening, not with tax payer money. What is a little strange though...if Davis is attempting to come up with the now reported billion dollars...surely he could get a sweet land deal in the OAK area and build an open air stadium there. No?

Bay Area land prices are through the roof, and the return on investment in Oakland vs Las Vegas can't be even close.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, that would be great. No city has ever upgraded teams faster.
NFL won't let it happen. That would be the death of the Chargers. What few fans they have left would suddenly realize that the hated Raiders now have San Diego in front of their name. Then they would realize that David Carr is coming into his prime while Rivers is near retirement. Then they would realize that while both owners are idiots, Mark Davis is at least smart enough to realize he needs real football people running his franchise, while dumbfuck Dean Spanos has his two dumbfuck sons running the franchise, who know nothing about football. San Diego fans become Raider fans. LA Raider fans have their team back in SoCal, and the Chargers are left with nothing. Their biggest expense will be paid seat fillers.

Won't happen, although I will say this: The owners went out of their way to take care of Spanos by giving him the LA option a year ago, never thinking he would take it. If many are truly pissed at his decision to move as has been reported, then they certainly won't go out of their way to keep the SD market empty.

For now I'm getting excited about season tix for San Diego FC starting in 2020.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bay Area land prices are through the roof, and the return on investment in Oakland vs Las Vegas can't be even close.

I'm with you on the land cost, but if Davis came to the city and said, I've got a billion in funding to build a nice 65,000 open air stadium...you guys come up with the land, work out low low land lease, split the concessions and parking somehow, and let's do it.

In terms of PSL sales, getting more events there, no question LV is better, but it's kinda obvious that Davis was not 100% committed to OAK...not saying I blame him but, he seems to be reaching a lot further to make it happen in Vegas.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on the land cost, but if Davis came to the city and said, I've got a billion in funding to build a nice 65,000 open air stadium...you guys come up with the land, work out low low land lease, split the concessions and parking somehow, and let's do it.

In terms of PSL sales, getting more events there, no question LV is better, but it's kinda obvious that Davis was not 100% committed to OAK...not saying I blame him but, he seems to be reaching a lot further to make it happen in Vegas.

The Raiders were only contributing 500M to the Vegas project, I doubt they'll commit 1B to Oakland.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders were only contributing 500M to the Vegas project, I doubt they'll commit 1B to Oakland.
500 million would probably get it done in SD. The mayor already said he'd make the same offer to any other team, around 400 million. Add in the 300 million from the NFL and you've got 1.2 billion, the exact estimate for the Mission Valley stadium the city had proposed for the Chargers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500 million would probably get it done in SD. The mayor already said he'd make the same offer to any other team, around 400 million. Add in the 300 million from the NFL and you've got 1.2 billion, the exact estimate for the Mission Valley stadium the city had proposed for the Chargers.

Again, willingness to spend in one market doesn't indicate willingness to spend in another. Besides, I'm still not sure that Spanos isn't still trying to leverage a deal in San Diego.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, willingness to spend in one market doesn't indicate willingness to spend in another. Besides, I'm still not sure that Spanos isn't still trying to leverage a deal in San Diego.
We've already erected a force field that prevents Spanos' plane from entering county air space. That fuck better not come south of I-10.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raw