• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders @ Cowboys

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll tell you what...I said when the Cooper covid story came out that if Dallas were to win the next two (KC, LV) then against my better judgement, I'd have to start to believe this team looks special. Well, KC effort met with little response, play calling and timely key injury (Lamb) pulled me outta that BS opinion. Now we play LV at home and again had issues with my biggest problem with this team, we did NOT match the effort the raiders came with. THAT SHIT IS THE SAME SHIT THIS TEAM DOES WHEN THEY START TO SNIFF THEMSELVES AS A CONTENDER!! This isn't on Mike McCarthy as so many pin heads here want to say. IT'S BEEN HERE FOR 20 YEARS! It's the fucking culture of Jerry and his family. We need a shit load more #4's & #11's to overcome the entitlement crap this team has had for decades. The problem remains bigger than any football coach can fix.

I think

only thing worse than what I posted above is reading 80% of the posted football opinions here. This Team, These Posters, Me...we're all the definition of insanity.
Good post. Perhaps, it is the culture. This team has not been a hit you in the mouth and resilient team since the 90s. Maybe the Cowboys and the Jones bring a culture of softness. From the stadium, to the Star, to practicing in California, perhaps they have to overcome too much to focus on football consistently and when things are going well, they believe it. The reality is the team could not make the key plays and the Raiders could. They were without their best pass catcher but they overcame. Carr made the key throws when needed and we did not. Their kicker made all of their 5 kicks and ours missed an extra point and another field goal. Our coach made questionable decisions including not challenging a turnover and their coach, an interim coach, did not. This team without a great line and without all their weapons is not complimentary right now. This defense can not hold up when the offense is not ball controlling. The offense laid an egg at KC.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have a problem with going for two from the one, I had a problem with the ridiculous play call. That was some stupid shit. A slow developing truck play from the one. Brilliant. Just line up and give the ball to Zeke or fake it to Zeke and have a sure one on one somewhere with a run option for Dak. Anything but that terrible call. Moore trying to look a little to sharp there
For a play like this to work the execution needs to be perfect. All blocks need to be made and they were not made. They have run these types of plays on 2 point conversions several times and it has not worked they need to get it out of the playbook

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For a play like this to work the execution needs to be perfect. All blocks need to be made and they were not made. They have run these types of plays on 2 point conversions several times and it has not worked they need to get it out of the playbook
Agreed. If you are taking the penalty to move closest and that changes your decision, then you don’t call the play you did or why not just go for it from the two. To take the penalty, you should say I think we can get a yard with our big line and power back.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalty put them on the 1 and they were chasing a point. Taking that point off didn’t change the outcome, and had Schultz made a better block they probably convert.
In that situation at that point of the game, you ABSOLUTELY take the point off the board and go for 2. If you as a coach don’t believe your team can’t run a play that gets you one stinking yard in that situation then you as a coach have some deeper issues with your team. I don’t know how anyone can find fault with going for it. :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think this team could be Super Bowl bound. Losing players to injury is part of the NFL, but losing your star defensive end and star WR.. Those are two of the 4-5 most important positions in the game. Then to lose two pro bowl caliber players at each position, theres no way you're not gonna have issues.
Once those 4 are back, this team will be back to having the ability to go to the NFCCG or SB. And there are a few adjustments they could make to be even better.... Leave Micah at OLB and let him rush the QB like Von Miller even when the DE's come back....bump Tank to DT on 3rd and long and rush all three of them....if Collins isn't going to start at RT, for Heaven's sake move him to OG(that'll save two holding calls a game)....give Joseph a shot at AB's job, he can't be any freaking worse...get Pollard more touches!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW....why the Hell did McCarthy not throw the flag on the fumble? Maybe it wouldn't have been overturned, but there was a Damn good chance it would have been. I wanted to punch McCarthy in his goofy face. What was he thinking??

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW....why the Hell did McCarthy not throw the flag on the fumble? Maybe it wouldn't have been overturned, but there was a Damn good chance it would have been. I wanted to punch McCarthy in his goofy face. What was he thinking??
Why throw a flag. It was ruled a fumble and overturned. Throwing a flag there would waste a flag and a Timeout.

IMO the reciever never secured the ball so it wasn't a fumble.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why throw a flag. It was ruled a fumble and overturned. Throwing a flag there would waste a flag and a Timeout.

IMO the reciever never secured the ball so it wasn't a fumble.
I think there was a 50/50 chance we win that challenge. Likely would have won the game. I think that chance is worth a time out.
Did we even use all 3 time outs in the first half anyway?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys also had a potential fumble recovery overturned in the first half after Jayron Kearse appeared to poke the ball free from tight end Darren Waller. The replay official determined the pass was incomplete, and McCarthy could not challenge.

BUT blame McCarthy anyways

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what...I said when the Cooper covid story came out that if Dallas were to win the next two (KC, LV) then against my better judgement, I'd have to start to believe this team looks special. Well, KC effort met with little response, play calling and timely key injury (Lamb) pulled me outta that BS opinion. Now we play LV at home and again had issues with my biggest problem with this team, we did NOT match the effort the raiders came with. THAT SHIT IS THE SAME SHIT THIS TEAM DOES WHEN THEY START TO SNIFF THEMSELVES AS A CONTENDER!! This isn't on Mike McCarthy as so many pin heads here want to say. IT'S BEEN HERE FOR 20 YEARS! It's the fucking culture of Jerry and his family. We need a shit load more #4's & #11's to overcome the entitlement crap this team has had for decades. The problem remains bigger than any football coach can fix.

I think

only thing worse than what I posted above is reading 80% of the posted football opinions here. This Team, These Posters, Me...we're all the definition of insanit
You really could not have said it better about the real problem with the Cowboys. It is Jerry Jones and Family the architects of this entitled mentality. The sad thing is.. these loses are really not that surprising. We have seen this movie too many times.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really could not have said it better about the real problem with the Cowboys. It is Jerry Jones and Family the architects of this entitled mentality. The sad thing is.. these loses are really not that surprising. We have seen this movie too many times.
Nothing that will ever be able to be done about that though. Someone named Jones is gonna own and run the Cowboys long after all of us have been planted. That ship sailed over 30 years ago and it ain't coming back

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these loses are really not that surprising. We have seen this movie too many times.
No Sir! Not surprising at all.

My modest goal year after year remains a playoff win...two would be a kick ass season.
This team this year could still make that, not likely...hell, I could see this team fighting for a division title.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys games can be hard to watch.. it bad enough when they play like trash, but when refs start to alter outcomes I have a problem with it.

One of the Raiders TD drives was aided by that Roughing penalty on Parsons . Parsons had stopped moving and Carr fell into him and then pretended to be hurt and then laughed afterwards. that was not roughing. A horrendous call

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke likely to be held put vs Saints...
I don't know if this is a bad thing. Zeke has played with no explosion the last two games. It hurting the offense. Maybe rest him a game and see if it helps?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys also had a potential fumble recovery overturned in the first half after Jayron Kearse appeared to poke the ball free from tight end Darren Waller. The replay official determined the pass was incomplete, and McCarthy could not challenge.

BUT blame McCarthy anyways
I guess I still don't know what a catch is or understand the NFL rule. I slow motioned that play and it looked like a clean catch. Yeah it was close,but the reciever caught the ball with two hands and took two steps and then the ball got knocked loose. The reciever was not juggling the ball at all. I always thought possession and a football move was all that was needed? I have seen that same type of play ruled a catch and fumble before.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there was a 50/50 chance we win that challenge. Likely would have won the game. I think that chance is worth a time out.
Did we even use all 3 time outs in the first half anyway?
There is absolutely no way to win that challenge as the refs already reviewed it.