• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raider week not like it used to be

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I have seen one thread devoted to the game this week. It has come up in some, but no one is talking much about them.

They are better than last year, that is for sure. But their league leading 9 sacks is against 2 really bad O-lines.

Any predictions or thoughts?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few thoughts on it. I think nobody is talking about it because on our schedule this just looks like one of the easiest games of the season. We are at home for one so that automatically should help both the offense and defense and the Raiders have looked decent in their first two games but against some pretty weak opponents (not a big believer in the Colts if you didn't catch that).

Terell Pryor does have some wheels on him but I will say if there is any coaching staff geared towards stopping the read-option it is the Broncos. In reality they were the first team in the league to really try on a regular basis to play with the Read-Option (Carolina did some but not as much as we were). Our coaching staff researched the heck out of it so if any team especially the #1 run defense is geared to stop it then that would be us. My guess is the Broncos will load the box and force Pryor to have to win by making good throws. It just won't happen.

Offensively for the Broncos they should have their way with them. We should be able to run or pass on them. Henne didn't have a horrible game passing just had horrible blocking in front of him and nobody who could hold onto the ball. The Colts of all teams were able to run pretty well against them which opened things up for the pass game so my guess is the Broncos will really try to dominate in the run game this week especially with losing Clady to try and force the Raiders to have to respect that we could run it.

Honestly I think the final score will be 35-6. The Broncos will not ask much of Peyton in this one and the defense will establish themselves early and often in the backfield. I just got done watching the Bronco-Giants game again and the Bronco front four were living in the backfield of the Giants on run downs. Not sure what happened on pass downs. I also see the Broncos scoring a defensive touchdown in this one with a DRC touchdown off an interception.

Offensively I think the Broncos will have Moreno go for over a hundred and Ball will add another 50 or so each of them getting a touchdown in this one.

Just hope we can escape without injuries in this one. Champ should be returning this week or next with Von Miller returning 3 weeks from Sunday! Watching the Giants game all I kept thinking was if Von was in this game our Secondary would have even had a bigger game than it did with the 4 interceptions. Man that secondary just looks good (Only thing that stopped them was the Refs)

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos win 38-13. Raiders suck. The only reason it won't be a bigger blowout is because John Fox won't want to embarrass Dennis Allen.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points. Everyone is talking about the Raiders pass rush, but I think of it as a good test for Chris Clark and the rest of the O-line.

I disagree with the notion Fox is going to take it easy and not try and embarrass Dennis Allen just because he used to be our DC.

I am not saying he will try and embarrass him, but one thing I really liked about the first 2 weeks was how we kept our foot on the gas pedal all the way through the 4th quarter.

Both Offense and Defense kept playing hard. No Prevent. No run the ball up the middle to kill the clock.

Step on their throats and finish them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points. Everyone is talking about the Raiders pass rush, but I think of it as a good test for Chris Clark and the rest of the O-line.

I disagree with the notion Fox is going to take it easy and not try and embarrass Dennis Allen just because he used to be our DC.

I am not saying he will try and embarrass him, but one thing I really liked about the first 2 weeks was how we kept our foot on the gas pedal all the way through the 4th quarter.

Both Offense and Defense kept playing hard. No Prevent. No run the ball up the middle to kill the clock.

Step on their throats and finish them.

The reason I don't have the Broncos scoring 40 or more points this week is just because they will be able to run and run and run some more against this defense. My guess is the Broncos average over 5 yards per carry in this one and Fox and Gase will want to show not only the league but the Broncos themselves that they can just dominate not only as a passing team but as a running team as well.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I don't have the Broncos scoring 40 or more points this week is just because they will be able to run and run and run some more against this defense. My guess is the Broncos average over 5 yards per carry in this one and Fox and Gase will want to show not only the league but the Broncos themselves that they can just dominate not only as a passing team but as a running team as well.

Possibly. Moreno averaged over 7 YPC last week against the Giants.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. Moreno averaged over 7 YPC last week against the Giants.

Seeing the fact that the Colts averaged right at 5 ypc with a horrible OL and worse Runnings Backs than our own (not saying ours are horrible or anything) we should just be able to have our way with them.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing the fact that the Colts averaged right at 5 ypc with a horrible OL and worse Runnings Backs than our own (not saying ours are horrible or anything) we should just be able to have our way with them.

I agree that they have the potential to gash them. The Giants front 7 was supposed to be pretty stout against the run.

I would like to see them continue to work on playing at a high level and quick pace. Whether it pass, run, any combo of both, just keep attacking and do not let up on the gas.

This team needs get the Killer instinct and put opponents away.

Finish your opponent off. Keep your edge. No more giving up deep passes to send it to OT in the playoffs.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivalries go though Valleys sometimes I mean as a Bills fan I hate the Patriots but since we have beaten them once in the past 12 years It probably has lost its luster a bit to Pats fans. I hate the Dolphins but since it has been a while since we have both been consistently good it loses something. Same with the Mets and Braves I still hate Chipper Jones and John Rocker to this day but its not much a Rivalry anymore because the Mets are no good. I think the Raiders are on the right track to improve so give it a few years you will be hating them again.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivalries go though Valleys sometimes I mean as a Bills fan I hate the Patriots but since we have beaten them once in the past 12 years It probably has lost its luster a bit to Pats fans. I hate the Dolphins but since it has been a while since we have both been consistently good it loses something. Same with the Mets and Braves I still hate Chipper Jones and John Rocker to this day but its not much a Rivalry anymore because the Mets are no good. I think the Raiders are on the right track to improve so give it a few years you will be hating them again.

Oh no. I still hate them. But there is just not the same level of excitement here in Denver during Raider week.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read some good articles by Raiders bloggers on fansided. One wrote that "if the Broncos want to win the AFC West again they are going to have to come through Oakland." I found this to be an amusing comment. The raiders do appear to be better than the unit they fielded last season. They were competitive in a game withthe Colts, but color me unimpressed in their win against the Jaguars, an awful team if ever one existed. The Raiders have not played a team 1/3 the caliber as these Broncos.

With that said, this is the NFL and it is a rivalry game. The Broncos have to do what they do. If they leave the door open te Raiders may just be able to sneak through. We know they are not going to roll over and play dead. They want to make this a statement game and there isn't a better way to do it by upending the Broncos on MNF.

I called it Broncos 37, Raiders 13. I'll stick with that pick.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I give you mad credit for hanging in there :nod:

I lived in the East Bay for a few years, right in the heart of Raider Nation and have attended a game in the Black Hole in Oakland.

The absolute lack of class and hostile way they treat fans of opposing teams there has instilled a life long hatred in me for that team, most of their fans (JonYork and MikeRudamann being the exceptions) and everything they stand for.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a couple other quality Raider posters on the cbs board.....I'm drawing a blank on the guy's screen name, but I am fairly sure he always had Nnamdi as an avatar. He was good.....

Anyway, I have not bothered to check their board on here, but the lack of Raider week smack talk in here is alarming. Lol.....

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in the East Bay for a few years, right in the heart of Raider Nation and have attended a game in the Black Hole in Oakland.

The absolute lack of class and hostile way they treat fans of opposing teams there has instilled a life long hatred in me for that team, most of their fans (JonYork and MikeRudamann being the exceptions) and everything they stand for.

I can barely remember the days of the raiders being anything but an embarrassment. the team that I have witnessed the most as downright classless towards the Bronco's and their fans is the chargers. I'll never dislike any team more than them. I will always love seeing rivers big fat mouth getting shoved in his face, he simply has no class in any definition of the word.

and then theres the Pats..I think when a team sacks Brady, they should have the right to go to the sidelines and knock Belichick on his ass too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can barely remember the days of the raiders being anything but an embarrassment. the team that I have witnessed the most as downright classless towards the Bronco's and their fans is the chargers. I'll never dislike any team more than them. I will always love seeing rivers big fat mouth getting shoved in his face, he simply has no class in any definition of the word.

and then theres the Pats..I think when a team sacks Brady, they should have the right to go to the sidelines and knock Belichick on his ass too.

HAHA!! :10::lol:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a Raider poster on the old CBS boards. I think he went by Kiff something or other. He was pretty good and fun to talk football with. Other than that, I didn't care for any of 'em. Raiders have always been my least favorite team and fan base.

MH64

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, yea. Forgot about him. He did his fair share of trash talking though.