• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raider week not like it used to be

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Kiff at all. The only decent Raiders fan on the CBS board was jonyork. He seemed to be a decent fellow.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders defense has not come up with a turnover yet while Manning has not thrown a pick. The offense has one turnover, the Ball fumble in the opening drive against the Giants. The Broncos are going to have to keep taking care of the ball if they want to win this one. It looks like they will have the Raiders outmatched, but turnovers are the great equalizer. Teams like the Raiders may go a few games without forcing a single turnover but then something gives and they come away with 3 or 4 big ones in a game.

Meanwhile the Broncos defense is due to force a fumble recovery. All six of the Broncos turnovers have been interceptions. The defense may get a chance to add to this total if they force the Raiders to pass, but this will depend on their ability to stop the Raiders league-leading ground attack. A Forced fumble against Pryor or McFadden early can go a long way toward tilting this game early.

Nothing profound here, just something we have not discussed but is worth a mention.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders defense has not come up with a turnover yet while Manning has not thrown a pick. The offense has one turnover, the Ball fumble in the opening drive against the Giants. The Broncos are going to have to keep taking care of the ball if they want to win this one. It looks like they will have the Raiders outmatched, but turnovers are the great equalizer. Teams like the Raiders may go a few games without forcing a single turnover but then something gives and they come away with 3 or 4 big ones in a game.

Meanwhile the Broncos defense is due to force a fumble recovery. All six of the Broncos turnovers have been interceptions. The defense may get a chance to add to this total if they force the Raiders to pass, but this will depend on their ability to stop the Raiders league-leading ground attack. A Forced fumble against Pryor or McFadden early can go a long way toward tilting this game early.

Nothing profound here, just something we have not discussed but is worth a mention.

This is the exact reason that no game is a gimme in the NFL. A team can have an outstanding roster but if they cannot hold onto the ball any team can play with any other on any given Sunday. Now I will say the Broncos seem to have emphasized more this year than last the need to hold onto the ball so I would think they would be able to in this one but hey anything can happen.

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I have seen one thread devoted to the game this week. It has come up in some, but no one is talking much about them.

They are better than last year, that is for sure. But their league leading 9 sacks is against 2 really bad O-lines.

Any predictions or thoughts?

:agree: It's not what it used to be and in fact it's the same for the whole division. I do hope the rivalries do come back some day, it's what made the NFL great!

:omg: The way the weekend played out, I am going to refrain from any predictions !

I just hope the Broncos are focused on the game at hand!

Planning on getting to my MNF sports pub early this evening wearing my orange jersey!

Go Broncos!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: It's not what it used to be and in fact it's the same for the whole division. I do hope the rivalries do come back some day, it's what made the NFL great!

:omg: The way the weekend played out, I am going to refrain from any predictions !

I just hope the Broncos are focused on the game at hand!

Planning on getting to my MNF sports pub early this evening wearing my orange jersey!

Go Broncos!

Very thankful my job right now doesn't have much of a dress code so where my Elway jersey already! This is where I almost hate when the Broncos play on Monday Night as I have to wait a whole extra day beyond all other teams to watch my team. Throw in if the Broncos were to lose and I know that is a huge If we would not hear the end of it from other fans. Hopefully that is not the case.

I will say about yesterday the NFL seemed to somewhat be upside down. Everybody thought the Colts would get blown out and same with Cincinnati against Green Bay. I was impressed by the AFC yesterday holding their own against what many thought was the powerhouse of the NFC.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say about yesterday the NFL seemed to somewhat be upside down. Everybody thought the Colts would get blown out and same with Cincinnati against Green Bay. I was impressed by the AFC yesterday holding their own against what many thought was the powerhouse of the NFC.

I have been trying to decide if the 49ers are in a free fall or if the colts got a backbone. That could make the broncos-colts game very interesting in a few weeks.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the days leading to a game I actually like reading stuff written about the Broncos opponent more so than the Broncos. Espcially when it's written by biased fans. This blog is a good read. These are big Raiders homers who genuinely believe in their team. While that makes the writing extremely biased from a critical standpoint, it makes it fun to read from a fan standpoint because it gets me excited about the game.

This writer especially. He genuinely expects a Raiders win. I'm not criticizing him, either. In theory everything he said is true. But I have a sense he has never seen Manning play in either a Colts or Broncos uniform. Everyone knows in order to beat Manning you h e to flustered him. If that were so easy to do, Manning wouldn't have such impressive career numbers. Also, I don't think this writer knows anything about the Broncos secondary and he makes this lack of knowledge pretty obvious. He does the same thing regarding Demaryius Thomas by implying all the Raiders have to do to limit him is keep the play in front of them. Ask the Steelers and Ravens defenses what they think about limiting Thomas by keeping him in front of them.

Still it's a good read to get you fired up before the game:

Oakland Raiders VS Denver Broncos: Game Preview & Keys to Victory

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! To read this, you'd think Oakland is this offensive juggernaut that can score at will! LMAO! The Raiders don't have the weapons this guy thinks they do on offense. They have yet to break 20 points in a game. Heck, Oakland has yet to score as many points this season as Denver did against Baltimore!

"...Broncos haven’t faced very tough defenses yet..."Obviously this guy missed what the Ravens did to the Texans this week.....

While the NFL is an "any given Sunday" type of league, I have the distinct feeling this fan's going to wake up Tuesday morning still VERY disappointed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the days leading to a game I actually like reading stuff written about the Broncos opponent more so than the Broncos. Espcially when it's written by biased fans. This blog is a good read. These are big Raiders homers who genuinely believe in their team. While that makes the writing extremely biased from a critical standpoint, it makes it fun to read from a fan standpoint because it gets me excited about the game.

This writer especially. He genuinely expects a Raiders win. I'm not criticizing him, either. In theory everything he said is true. But I have a sense he has never seen Manning play in either a Colts or Broncos uniform. Everyone knows in order to beat Manning you h e to flustered him. If that were so easy to do, Manning wouldn't have such impressive career numbers. Also, I don't think this writer knows anything about the Broncos secondary and he makes this lack of knowledge pretty obvious. He does the same thing regarding Demaryius Thomas by implying all the Raiders have to do to limit him is keep the play in front of them. Ask the Steelers and Ravens defenses what they think about limiting Thomas by keeping him in front of them.

Still it's a good read to get you fired up before the game:

Oakland Raiders VS Denver Broncos: Game Preview & Keys to Victory

HAHAHA oh goodness that was fun to read. I think every week I read the opposing team talk about how they are going to blitz Manning and knock him around and once he is rattled he is easily beatable. Just ignore the fact that last year he completed almost 70% of his passes on blitzes and had I think 15 touchdowns to only 4 interceptions on blitzes. I think Manning almost begs teams to please blitz me cause all he has to do is give one look towards Wes Welker snap the ball and hit him on the hot route every time.

Also good luck just sitting back all game if they decide to do that. One like you said we have receivers with great run after the catch ability and Manning is not the type of quarterback that gets anxious when he can't hit the deep throw. He will take that underneath stuff all day. Plus that means if they are sitting back that there are less people in the box to stop the run.

Obviously the Raiders could potentially beat the Broncos but honestly at least from the defensive side of things if the Raiders do all that this guy talked about Manning is going to just tear them apart. Manning's offense is predicated on a lot of timing so if you truly want to mess with him you have to keep mixing up your defense all game long and play a lot of press man which is easier said than done with this group of receivers.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA oh goodness that was fun to read. I think every week I read the opposing team talk about how they are going to blitz Manning and knock him around and once he is rattled he is easily beatable. Just ignore the fact that last year he completed almost 70% of his passes on blitzes and had I think 15 touchdowns to only 4 interceptions on blitzes. I think Manning almost begs teams to please blitz me cause all he has to do is give one look towards Wes Welker snap the ball and hit him on the hot route every time.

Also good luck just sitting back all game if they decide to do that. One like you said we have receivers with great run after the catch ability and Manning is not the type of quarterback that gets anxious when he can't hit the deep throw. He will take that underneath stuff all day. Plus that means if they are sitting back that there are less people in the box to stop the run.

Obviously the Raiders could potentially beat the Broncos but honestly at least from the defensive side of things if the Raiders do all that this guy talked about Manning is going to just tear them apart. Manning's offense is predicated on a lot of timing so if you truly want to mess with him you have to keep mixing up your defense all game long and play a lot of press man which is easier said than done with this group of receivers.

The key to beating Manning is confusing his pre-snap reads and disguising your coverage well. Even the best pressure teams will only get to Manning a handful of times at best. It's just not going to happen. The way to beat Manning is to force him into mistakes through disguise (like Atlanta did), not through sheer force.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I commented on the article and within 5 minutes it was deleted.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, what a great laugh! This is my favorite quote from the entire thing.

the Broncos won’t be able to account for every weapon on the offense for the Raiders.

Is he talking about the same Raiders that are currently averaging 18 points per game?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way to beat Manning is to force him into mistakes through disguise (like Atlanta did), not through sheer force.
And even Atlanta had the benefit of Manning's arm being not quite as strong as he thought it was due to his neck injury. But yeah, you have to confuse him (not easy to due) and consistently pressure him (also not easy to do). He's a tough quarterback to defend, and it has shown throughout his career.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he talking about the same Raiders that are currently averaging 18 points per game?

Exactly! LOL!

Raiders offense so far this season: 36 pts.

Broncos vs. The Ravens: 49 pts. (should have been 56).

:lol::lol::laugh3:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! LOL!

Raiders offense so far this season: 36 pts.

Broncos vs. The Ravens: 49 pts. (should have been 56).

:lol::lol::laugh3:

No I think the better would be Raiders offense so far this season: 36 pts.

Broncos 2nd half vs. the Ravens: 35 pts should have been 42 pts.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly what I was talking about when I said he knows nothing about our defense, specifically the secondary. The defense has corralled far better offenses than the Raiders so far. The Raiders may play a different style of game than do the Ravens or Giants but our defense matches up nicely against this offense, putting strength against strength on paper at least. If the Broncos contain the run early this game could get ugly.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh! You must share with the rest of us :nod:

Since it was deleted I can't quite remember all that I said but it pretty much boiled down to a few key points...

The first being the Broncos have the #1 rush defense in the NFL and have a coaching staff that has spent more time than any other in the NFL working on the Read-Option not only how to make it successful but of how to stop it as well (Coach Fox talked earlier this week that they had to try to game plan the defensive side of the ball as well so they could figure out how to game plan the offensive side of the ball with Tebow since nobody had really tried to stop it).

I also talked about how he keeps making it look like the Raiders are some powerhouse team on offense and defense yet are averaging under 20 points a game where the Broncos are averaging over that per half this season.

I also talked about how Manning loves for teams to blitz and almost encourages them to try that on him especially now that he has Julius Thomas and Wes Welker to run the short routes/hot routes when teams do decide to blitz.

I think I closed with something like good luck passing against this secondary that has 6 interceptions through 2 games without our best Corner Champ playing yet (I heard there is a good chance he makes his debut tonight)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should never have shown me that site because now I am just laughing like crazy at work...I went to one that talked about the Corners vs. our receivers...couple of things they said.

The first being that Eric Decker is not a Red Zone threat so they don't need to worry about him at that part of the field.

The second was they had each receiver matched up against one of their corners and D. Thomas got Mike Jenkins and they said that Mike Jenkins is as good of a corner and D. Thomas is as a receiver so he should be able to shut down D. Thomas by himself. Things that make you go Hmmm.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny he would delete those comments. I get he is a Raiders homer and all, but at least allow for comments to remain up for the sake of conversation. Bad form.