• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raider week not like it used to be

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny he would delete those comments. I get he is a Raiders homer and all, but at least allow for comments to remain up for the sake of conversation. Bad form.

It really is...I honestly wouldn't mind somebody disagreeing with my points and at least giving me reasons why. I am not the know it all I sometimes like to think that I am. I honestly have not watched much of the first two Raiders games of this season so maybe they are better than I am giving them credit for (although I actually have been one to say they are not as bad as what most thought when the season started). Obviously though it is pretty telling if you can't put up 20 points against the Jaguars even if you are just trying to milk the clock.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should never have shown me that site because now I am just laughing like crazy at work...I went to one that talked about the Corners vs. our receivers...couple of things they said.

The first being that Eric Decker is not a Red Zone threat so they don't need to worry about him at that part of the field.

The second was they had each receiver matched up against one of their corners and D. Thomas got Mike Jenkins and they said that Mike Jenkins is as good of a corner and D. Thomas is as a receiver so he should be able to shut down D. Thomas by himself. Things that make you go Hmmm.

:wtf2: Decker lead the team in TD receptions last season :lol:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2: Decker lead the team in TD receptions last season :lol:

This is where a little bit of research can keep a person from looking like a dumbass when they post something online for the world to see.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been trying to decide if the 49ers are in a free fall or if the colts got a backbone. That could make the broncos-colts game very interesting in a few weeks.

Probably a bit of both.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is...I honestly wouldn't mind somebody disagreeing with my points and at least giving me reasons why. I am not the know it all I sometimes like to think that I am. I honestly have not watched much of the first two Raiders games of this season so maybe they are better than I am giving them credit for (although I actually have been one to say they are not as bad as what most thought when the season started). Obviously though it is pretty telling if you can't put up 20 points against the Jaguars even if you are just trying to milk the clock.

With you all the way, which is exactly why I like reading what the fans of our opponents have to say. I do think after two games the Raiders are better than expected, but they were actually more impressive in their loss to the Colts than their win over the Jags. And in each of these games they showed they are a team with a lot of room for improvement.

This early season hype was with us last year too. The Broncos hosted the Raiders in week 4 and were coming in at 1-2 having lost 27-21 to the Falcons and 31-25 to the Texans. The Raiders came in also at 1-2 having posted a 34-31 win over the Steelers. The CBS board was crawling with Raiders homers but after the Broncos put a 37-6 stomping on them we pretty much didn't hear from them ever again. If the Broncos win it'll be interesting to see how this writer spins it. If the Broncos win big it'll be even better to see what he says.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With you all the way, which is exactly why I like reading what the fans of our opponents have to say. I do think after two games the Raiders are better than expected, but they were actually more impressive in their loss to the Colts than their win over the Jags. And in each of these games they showed they are a team with a lot of room for improvement.

This early season hype was with us last year too. The Broncos hosted the Raiders in week 4 and were coming in at 1-2 having lost 27-21 to the Falcons and 31-25 to the Texans. The Raiders came in also at 1-2 having posted a 34-31 win over the Steelers. The CBS board was crawling with Raiders homers but after the Broncos put a 37-6 stomping on them we pretty much didn't hear from them ever again. If the Broncos win it'll be interesting to see how this writer spins it. If the Broncos win big it'll be even better to see what he says.

I have to give it to Raiders fans even when their team has sucked for years upon years they seem to still only see the good in their team. Last year was the first time in a while on the ESPN board that I actually saw some of even the biggest homers start to question their team. Funny how a win over Jacksonville of all teams gives them this notion that they are back.

I agree with you the Colts game was much more impressive in my mind as everybody knows the Jaguars just stink and could go down as one of the worst teams in NFL history honestly yet the Raiders didn't just stomp them into the ground. With how well they ran the football they still couldn't score touchdowns and well we all know if you can't score touchdowns against the Broncos it is going to be a long day. Honestly last week the Giants could have held their own if in the first half they could have turned those field goals into touchdowns and really forced the Broncos to have to play catch up but the defense for the Broncos looks much better in the Red Zone this year compared to last and obviously we saw that it kept our offense in it for the 2nd half stomping.

My guess of how they try to spin it is that they are Cap Strapped right now and if they had that money to spend they would have easily won the game. All I keep reading is "We are competitive this year and next year we will have a full draft, tons of cap space, and another year to have developed our young talent." It seems like I have heard that for years from the Raiders though yet they are still exactly where they have always been for the last 10 years.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what these guys all think about "The Raider Rusher"....

BUzc4kuCcAMuJKU.jpg

:L

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA....The Raider Rusher looks kinda like the Domino's Pizza "NOID" from wayyyy back in the day........

Avoid the Noid! lol

Classic.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, the Raiders have been so bad for so long that it's harder to really hate them, however I guarantee as soon as they rip off some kind of big play tonight all of those feelings of hatred will come rushing back.

God help people who have to be around me if they somehow managed to beat the Broncos tonight.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, since rivers started playing, I have always disliked the chargers far more than the raiders.

I dislike Chargers FANS more than Raiders fans. After living in San Diego during the Chargers' recent "good" years I developed an intense dislike for this sorry lot. I also lived in San Diego during the Mike Riley years (2000 and 2001) when the team went 1-15 and 5-11. My first tenure in San Diego the Chargers fans were ready to run the team out of town. But 2004-2006 saw them go 12-4, 9-7, and 14-2 and by early 2007 when I arrived the city was full of "lifelong" fans, many of whom were extremely rude and void of class. I had people cursing at me for wearing Broncos gear while out at the mall with my wife and kids. I even had people from my church run their mouths after the Chargers would win and the Broncos lose any given week. (Remember, these were some lean years for our Broncos.) I don't necessarily dislike the players anymore, though I do enjoy seeing them fail. It's their fans I still dislike completely.

(Keep in mind, this applies to the group level, not necessarily the individual level. Onesies and twosies I know a few decent people who are Chargers "fans.")

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike Chargers FANS more than Raiders fans. After living in San Diego during the Chargers' recent "good" years I developed an intense dislike for this sorry lot. I also lived in San Diego during the Mike Riley years (2000 and 2001) when the team went 1-15 and 5-11. My first tenure in San Diego the Chargers fans were ready to run the team out of town. But 2004-2006 saw them go 12-4, 9-7, and 14-2 and by early 2007 when I arrived the city was full of "lifelong" fans, many of whom were extremely rude and void of class. I had people cursing at me for wearing Broncos gear while out at the mall with my wife and kids. I even had people from my church run their mouths after the Chargers would win and the Broncos lose any given week. (Remember, these were some lean years for our Broncos.) I don't necessarily dislike the players anymore, though I do enjoy seeing them fail. It's their fans I still dislike completely.

(Keep in mind, this applies to the group level, not necessarily the individual level. Onesies and twosies I know a few decent people who are Chargers "fans.")

those fans were much like seahawk fans are now...it must have something to do with the team having such a history of failure. once they taste the slightest success they turn into arrogant turds, almost as if they are owed this success finally. Even the raiders have a far better history than either of those.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda funny though..I was at a local 7-11 near here about an hour ago..a bunch of thug looking punks dressed in raider gear going on about how the raiders are about to crush those Bronco's.....I laughed and said really ?? do you think the raiders will even score a single point ? they stopped laughing right away anyway...lol

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those fans were much like seahawk fans are now...it must have something to do with the team having such a history of failure. once they taste the slightest success they turn into arrogant turds, almost as if they are owed this success finally. Even the raiders have a far better history than either of those.

I have to agree with Seahawks fans. I've always thought they were pretty solid, but the group they had on CBS last season got ugly. A few Seahawks fans on another forum I frequent are pretty testy as well. I don't remember them always being this way. I can tell you this: Most Seahawks fans I meet in person still hate the Broncos more than any other team out there. Even after they have moved back to the NFC they still hate the Broncos, some more than the 49ers. I think that's sort of cool.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Seahawks fans. I've always thought they were pretty solid, but the group they had on CBS last season got ugly. A few Seahawks fans on another forum I frequent are pretty testy as well. I don't remember them always being this way. I can tell you this: Most Seahawks fans I meet in person still hate the Broncos more than any other team out there. Even after they have moved back to the NFC they still hate the Broncos, some more than the 49ers. I think that's sort of cool.

lol..well...i didnt watch football back when the hawks were still in the afc west but I have heard stories. and looking back at stats in those days, the seahawks were pretty pathetic.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so much for Decker not being a threat in the red zone. (Read the article I linked if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iknow,

It's running back AND receiver by committee this year! Decker will get his. It's hard to evenly distribute the ball when your team has so MANY weapons! Go Broncos!

MH64

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iknow,

It's running back AND receiver by committee this year! Decker will get his. It's hard to evenly distribute the ball when your team has so MANY weapons! Go Broncos!

MH64

I'm loving that. As if Manning wasn't good enough already. Put this crew around him and it's a thing of beauty. Decker, Welker, Thomas_x2 is better than anything he had in Indy. Scary good.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, look. Manning fumbled the snap. Proof he can't play any more!